Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't keep up this morning, so sorry if this has already been posted:

Twenty days ago Mark Fields (CEO of Ford Motor Co. 2014-17) gets announced as interim CEO of Hertz. Today Hertz announces an order for 100K Teslas for their fleet and they already have released 2 commercials regarding the fact they're going electric that prominently feature Teslas (oh yeah, and a football celebrity).

A former CEO of Ford putting in an order (or at least, not cancelling an already in the works order) for 100K Teslas. Yikes! That's got to be a slap in the face of the established OEMS!
I suppose he called his buddies at Ford and says can you sell me 100K Mach-E's to be delivered in 2022 and they simply laughed at him.

Me too. Had a GTC order trigger this AM on 1100 Mar 2022 calls that I picked up six months ago for an 125% profit. Not enough given today's news. Wish I had checked them GTC orders... Eh, can't go broke taking.....
My last 10/29 call sold while I was out at Target just now. For a price that seemed aspirational 2hrs ago and now has me feeling annoyed I left money on the table.

The tone of frenzy on CNBC has me thinking we're in total capitulation mode. $1350 after 4Q seems almost a lock. Yikes.

Now that I think about it, on Twitter Elon confirmed that your car's personal preferences will be stored in the cloud, so that any authorized car will be instantly customized. That's the ticket.

What will be cool is when Tesla starts using AI and existing fleet data to match seat, steering wheel and mirror position data to Hertz customers based upon driver's license data (height, weight, age and sex). So when a Hertz customer gets in their rental for the first time it would feel like it was already adjusted for them. They could, of course, fine tune it.

What will be cool is when Tesla starts using AI and existing fleet data to match seat, steering wheel and mirror position data to Hertz customers based upon driver's license data (height, weight, age and sex). So when a Hertz customer gets in their rental for the first time it would feel like it was already adjusted for them. They could, of course, fine tune it.
This will further train non-Tesla owners to be accustomed to the Tesla way!

What's that term, Synergy.

I’m betting the Hertz Teslas will have a unique software build.

Before Covid, I routinely made 5-hour flights with a car rental (Hertz as chance would have it) waiting at the end.

The only thing I wanted to do was get to my hotel, unpack, and plant my butt on a barstool. I did NOT want to:
1) figure out where the trunk release was
2) figure out how to adjust the mirrors
3) figure out how to adjust the wheel
4) figure out how to adjust the seats
5) figure out how to get to the hotel

What I’d want to see is a mini-menu pop up immediately with all the adjustments and input for the hotel. Boom, boom, boom - car adjusted, route displayed.
This is where Tesla profiles on the net would be great. Set it up one time and be ready to go every time thereafter.

So, did Tesla also effectively acquire 100k more Tesla insurance vehicles? (I'd imagine so when Tesla insurance is in each state)

Given Tesla's prowess with adding software enhancements, the Tesla app and their over-the-air updates, the rental business opens up a lot of new possibilities. For instance, Hertz can have an add-on for FSD rental. In order to utilize FSD, the renter needs to have the Tesla app and a profile. If they've never used FSD before a tutorial and all the necessary waivers comes up on the car's screen (or user's phone) and all have to be completed properly before FSD is enabled for the renter. Now the fact they've been through the tutorials and accepted the waivers is stored with their profile and as long it's been <6 months since they last engaged FSD they can just jump in the car and engage FSD. If more than 6 months has passed since they've last engaged FSD, there's a quick refresher. This could even be done on the phone before getting to the Hertz location to pick up the car.

Of course Tesla knows via my app that I own a Tesla, have paid for FSD and utilize FSD a lot, so I simply get to jump into the car and go.

This is only an interim solution until FSD has reached Lvl 5. After that you're renting a Robotaxi, not a car you're responsible for yourself. Once that day arrives, you may not even be able to drive the rental yourself. Just sit back and be chauffeured around.

So, now renters have a Tesla app on their phones. Must be some marketing possibilities there.
Next, think of the applications for Tesla insurance and the car rental business...

Is it is bad to crow about gaining (life changing) wealth because of investing in TSLA? I'm not so sure.

Many of us supported Tesla by buying very expensive cars when it was still uncertain if the company building them would survive to take care of them. Many of us fought FUD on social media. Many of us spread the word about Tesla's products. Many of us sat on an investment that didn't go anywhere for years. Many of us endured steep price drops that were totally avoidable. Many of us kept buying shares when no one else wanted them.

This way we contributed in a major way to keeping this company alive. So yes, I think we are allowed to pat ourselves on the back and enjoy the financial rewards we received. We owe our wealth to Elon, but also to our own actions.
This is exactly how I feel about Tesla. I stood in line for 3 hours to put my name on the waitlist for Model 3 - my colleagues at work were making fun of me behind my back, sometimes on my face too. I put a huge chunk of my hard earned money and retirement cushion into TSLA back in 2014 when the world was making fun of us and telling us the variety of ways in which Tesla would go bankrupt. Both me and my husband put our full faith in Elon believing he was a true visionary of our time when he was being ridiculed by all the media. Many of those in our friend circle still laugh at us behind our back, call us crazy and keep telling us about how - electric cars are just not going to make it. There were times when it felt like the world was against us. We stuck by our convictions through it all!

There are also friends who bought the cars because of our recommendations using our referral code. Every single one of them thanks us for pushing them in the right direction. Some of them did buy the stock, but sold when it doubled or made profit. We never sold a single share to transfer to anything else, if I sold a few shares it was to invest in TSLA call options with more leverage. Never once have we wavered in our convictions.

We have absolutely have gained the right to crow about this at least a little.

Coming back to the topic of investments - Today was the highest ever single day increase in our net worth! I have seen 7-digit increase in our overall portfolio before - but today was the largest ever. Since we are at >90% in TSLA - so it is easy to imagine why :)

That sounds cool! But also an improper use of PII (personally identifiable information). Would be better anyway if this same result were achieved with the computer estimating the most comfortable configuration based on the camera info as they approach the car. The visual info will be better at measuring the person's body size and could know just in time who's going in which seat.

Reactions: navguy12
5rrmlc.jpg