Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's looking like Christmas time with all the icicles in the chart.......Gee I wonder if MM's care about 1,100 being broken to the upside 🙃

At least the volume is strong so we know they're having to spend a pretty penny to keep this up

I liked watching the last spike from $1091.61 to $1096.93, it so clearly illustrated the impact of buying 250k shares in one go. Then in the next couple minutes 350k shares were sold to drop the SP to $1090.05. Float is tight!

You want 250k shares right now? It'll spike the price $5+.
You wanna bring SP down $6-7? You'll need to print and sell 350k shares.

Nice and clear. Would love to see us floating at $1095-1099 all afternoon so we know all that volume is going on the MM's naked short column.

If the US OEMs decide to game the EV rebate by producing hybrids, my gut feeling is it will only accelerate their demise and lower their chances of surviving the EV transition long term. The market is wanting hybrids less and less every year, so pivoting to them now would be extremely short sighted in my opinion.
Agree, and for hybrids to be a threat, folks need to buy them. But word's getting out fast, Tesla's are low maintenance. Meanwhile, wait till all the existing hybrids have engine problems too. Will be nightmare $$$ on wheels to maintain this redundancy.

It’s amazing in general the level of ignorance that surrounds EVs and Tesla even now in 2021.

No kidding. I gave a ride to a 30-something guy over the summer. He had a nearly brand new Toyota adventure vehicle that he seemed quite proud of (probably a trust funder) and liked to hike and ski. He seemed to be above average in intelligence and life skills. After he had ridden about 5 miles and complemented me on the car he added that he had no idea Tesla's were such nice cars. At some point I mentioned how nice it was to not have to go to gas stations. This confused him and he wanted to know how much gas the tank held. I told him it didn't use any gas. His jaw dropped but obviously he didn't fully believe me because I still had to confirm twice more that it was 100% electric. He kept saying "No gas?" in disbelief. This was after I had driven him 5 miles and he heard how quiet it was. His mind was blown! I could see the wheels spinning in his head as he tried to come to terms with a car that didn't have a gas tank. How he had not heard of this, I'll never know because he seemed like a normal person of above average curiosity and intelligence.

I think I was blown away that he didn't know about BEV's almost as much as he was blown away that BEV's were possible and actually existed. He thought all electrified cars were hybrids. This was only three or four months ago! The speed of this transition to BEV's is going to blow away even Tesla bulls.

I liked watching the last spike from $1091.61 to $1096.93, it so clearly illustrated the impact of buying 250k shares in one go. Then in the next couple minutes 350k shares were sold to drop the SP to $1090.05. Float is tight!

You want 250k shares right now? It'll spike the price $5+.
You wanna bring SP down $6-7? You'll need to print and sell 350k shares.

Nice and clear. Would love to see us floating at $1095-1099 all afternoon so we know all that volume is going on the MM's naked short column.

It very much feels like we're gonna be in the tight 1090-1095 range all day with another leg up on Monday past 1,100. I feel pretty confident this thing is going to 1,200 in the near term (next 2-3 weeks) that'll coincide with the EV plan passing Congress.

I expect when the EV plan passes there will be a whole new round of PT's from analysts. Might even see 1,250 with a blow off top and then drop back to 1,100 area by Dec.

Elon def in a good mood.....$TSLA to the moon!!!!!

1635525318640.png

Yup. Converting to a Roth also has the downside of being able to buy fewer shares after the transfer.

Exactly! Don't worry about the amount of future taxes. The important thing is to put off having to pay them as long as possible so your full assets can continue to compound. This will result in a much higher tax bill once all is said and done, and that is a very good thing.

There is not yet agreement on Biden’s plan. The White House was just "putting down a marker."

"…
Mr. Biden and his aides gambled on Thursday, effectively calling for a final decision on his economic and environmental agenda and daring holdout Democrats not to back it. Senior administration officials said that the decision to go all-in was a product of the president’s belief that he had exhausted all avenues in the talks and secured the best possible package he could — and, crucially, that the package could command support from all corners of a fickle Democratic caucus.

But as he prepared to land in Rome, Mr. Biden’s bet had not yet paid off. …"

Someone here needs to Tweet Elon and ask him about the fuel-fired heater language in a recent EPA filing regarding the new Model X.

I learned about the filing from this Teslarati article: The new Tesla Model X is hiding an understated but incredible secret

You can read the filing embedded in the Teslarati article. There is also language that says "Description of fuel-fired heater / fuel tank evaporative system"

I could see an Espar heater like what one can install on a Sprinter van be a cool feature for a Tesla Camp Mode, but also as a way to get the additional PHEV tax credit in the new bill going through Congress. That would be hilarious if Tesla began installing fuel-fired heaters to make Teslas hybrids for tax credit reasons just to mess with government regulators and the OEMs. Yeah, Tesla can play these silly games, too.