Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to look this up. I did a google search on "UK pension limits".
I may be wrong but this looks similar to an U.S. IRA.
Once you exceed a certain amount, (about $1.4 million US), you pay tax at a rate close to 50% on the excess.
I hope congress does not find out about this.
It depends how you manage it, it's actually 55% for lump sum withdrawal from the fund (ouch) or if taking Income drawdown from the fund, it's a 25% penalty prior to the usual tax regime for income being applied, so it can be managed carefully to be less of a hit, but, yes, it's painful!

It's crazy lately how often the value of my $TSLA holdings are increasing by more in a single day than the entire cost of my $TSLA investment. My average share price is like $50. Wish I had more shares, though!
Interesting perspective. I literally just told my wife how a single day move like this in Tesla stock increases our portfolio worth by more than the entire gross salary/bonus I made in my first year post college.

I‘m a bit afraid tbh… we will go down sooner or later, but on the other hand, if we go down 20% the day after tomorrow, we might still be above 1000 which, a week ago, was crazy to think…
So yeah, nervous, but would never sell. Promise!

Whenever it reaches the near term top, expect a 10-15% retracement from that top. There's so many tailwinds for the company that 15% might even be a stretch. Maybe 15-20% with a combination of intraday sell off + down the next day. But I see buyers stepping in big time 15% from whatever high it hits.

It's crazy lately how often the value of my $TSLA holdings are increasing by more in a single day than the entire cost of my $TSLA investment. My average share price is like $50. Wish I had more shares, though!

Same here! Feels like a prolonged hallucination. Todays paper gain was 10 times my 2013 investment! o_O

Interesting perspective. I literally just told my wife how a single day move like this in Tesla stock increases our portfolio worth by more than the entire gross salary/bonus I made in my first year post college.
Give it time, it gets even more incredible... Just today, my increase was equivalent to the best years income I ever earned pre retirement from paid work, x12! It gets a little bit surreal!

Once again, congratulations to all, and do remember not to freak out too much when we do pull back some sooner or later. (hopefully after a bit more of a run yet!)