Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s are people that ordered one 2 weeks ago that are getting their Plaid today. Then there are people who ordered in January without an EDD. Config doesn’t even matter. I saw someone order the same exact car and get it 2 weeks later
And let's not forget the other markets. I have two of them on order (one since day one, the other shortly thereafter). Still no information on possible delivery in Germany.

Originally it said Q4 of 2021, so I can still hope.

But before demands dries up in North America there is enough demand on the German Autobahn ;)

Recent brief episode on NPR regarding billionaires and taxation. Mentions Musk extensively and begrudgingly acknowledges his selling holdings in response to criticisms on the tax code and unrealized gains. But NPR stays true to script and doesn't go any further regarding Musk or Tesla (or the mission to accelerate clean energy EV). Back to regular programming with big labor going to save the climate.

I am totally unable to comprehend how would driving cars in a tunnel be any better than having a light rail transport? Is there a thread in TMC that explains it?

There's a whole forum for the boring company here-

That said- where would the rail physically be installed? Check out a map of vegas sometime. Ground level real estate is expensive AF.

This would move people around almost entirely using otherwise worthless/useless space below ground.

They do have an above-ground monorail BTW. It sucks and few use it.

There's a whole forum for the boring company here-

That said- where would the rail physically be installed? Check out a map of vegas sometime. Ground level real estate is expensive AF.

This would move people around almost entirely using otherwise worthless/useless space below ground.

They do have an above-ground monorail BTW. It sucks and few use it.

I agree, I think this is really a novelty thing. Something like using cars in a tunnel would only fly in Vegas.

If Tesla makes a sort of automated small carrying car that can carry 10-20 people at once then this whole thing makes way more sense.

I am totally unable to comprehend how would driving cars in a tunnel be any better than having a light rail transport? Is there a thread in TMC that explains it?
Lots of reasons:
No need to rearrange the city in order to install light rail while trying not to disrupt existing traffic flow and businesses.
No freakin permits, no imminent domain actions, no closed roads or businesses. It's a new dimension down there. Straight lines A-B, at any level you want, and SUPER high speed.

Rail needs to stop at intermediate stations, cars can go point to point much faster.

Private vehicles feel safer, more comfortable. You always get a seat, and can communicate with your family or make a call in quiet. A pandemic only heightens the advantages of not being forced into close quarters with strangers.

The biggest economic downside to private vehicles is the number of human operators it requires. Once FSD arrives, this disadvantage disappears. And tunnel driving should be the easiest application of FSD to implement safely.

Lots of reasons:
No need to rearrange the city in order to install light rail while trying not to disrupt existing traffic flow and businesses.
This. Post-facto construction of light rail in a metro is a nightmare and horrendously expensive. Case in point: Houston.

I'm not so sure about that, they burned $1.2 billion in Q3. At that rate they have about 4 and a half years of cash...
Agreed. 22B ain’t nothing to burn. And burn they will. The guy at the top isn’t Elon Musk. Rivian will waste more money trying to get their production going in the next 1-2 yrs than Tesla has in their entire history. Lucid will follow suit. Good luck to them, they’ll both need it.

Constant stream of cars instead of a train that arrives every X minutes. Escalator vs elevator. Basically it move the same number of people at a fraction of the cost.

The “ I have enough core TSLA shares “ target keeps moving up for me. Anyone else afflicted with this ?

I have enough of core TSLA shares, but ...
did I get enough in my spouse's account?
... then there are kids' accounts, should they have more shares? ... or should I have more kids like Elon ?? ... or both ???

To my terror I've recently realized that I've failed to open In-trust account for family pet. It is a small mammal so it will get small shares - after the next split ;).

Last edited:
This. Post-facto construction of light rail in a metro is a nightmare and horrendously expensive. Case in point: Houston.
Yes, the California High Speed Rail comes to mind. Approved by voters in 2008, it is not even close to completion and is now something like $50 billion over initial cost estimates.