Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe they get away with naming a brand "Canadian Solar" and has nothing yo do with Canada.

Brand trickery is the only way the Chinese can make some inroads with products that have a bit of "lifestyle " element to them. Products that express who you are or your wealth/lack of. Personal transport has this element unlike transport utility vehicles like commercial trucks or even taxis as ROI is all that matters.
This sounds very short sighted to me. The absolute best return China could make when starting from a low technology base was to copy everything as fast and as cheaply as possible to start driving their massive population up the technology curve - and it has worked amazingly well. You wouldn't bother with high end products at this stage in the cycle as you are wasting time, money and energy on R&D and cutting edge equipment when you can still make a fortune building products that are low quality by western standards but far better than nothing (what China had prior) and do the job 80% as well for a fraction of the price.

Now that those opportunities are coming to an end as China becomes more developed they will naturally turn to higher end products - It's not like China is incapable of producing high quality products, it's just that they didn't need to until recently. Talent is evenly distributed around the world and China has 1/5 of the world's population.

This sounds very short sighted to me. The absolute best return China could make when starting from a low technology base was to copy everything as fast and as cheaply as possible to start driving their massive population up the technology curve - and it has worked amazingly well. You wouldn't bother with high end products at this stage in the cycle as you are wasting time, money and energy on R&D and cutting edge equipment when you can still make a fortune building products that are low quality by western standards but far better than nothing (what China had prior) and do the job 80% as well for a fraction of the price.

Now that those opportunities are coming to an end as China becomes more developed they will naturally turn to higher end products - It's not like China is incapable of producing high quality products, it's just that they didn't need to until recently. Talent is evenly distributed around the world and China has 1/5 of the world's population.
The Chinese are capable of producing the highest quality product in the world, but we are not talking about their true quality, just perceived quality as this directly affects margins.

Gucci can sell a bag for 5k because "it's made in Italy". However the company import Chinese labors to Italy to make their bags so they can enjoy high margin from branding power and lower COGS.

Everyone is human and is capable of doing the same thing which is not up for debate here.

Yes, although it’s currently trending in a classic downward dog formation 🧐
I had this small urge to sell a few chairs just now…. which means it will rise (unfollowing my contrarian SP position). Q4 P&D is just too near, so I’m doing nothing until Jan except buy a tiny bit more if it dips.

• Helpful
Reactions: MikkoJ and JustMe
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I sure wish Tesla would STOP providing the delivery numbers at the end of the quarter, and instead, release them at the ER. It really seems like most analysts and other non-professionals haven't gotten really good at predicting the revenue and profit from the deliveries. So, everyone ends up running their estimates up so high that by the time the ER comes out, it looks like a meet, and not a beat.

Would be so much better to keep everyone guessing about the deliveries also.
TSLA share price is constantly facing FUD and short selling which drives the price down between positive news events. Releasing the numbers 3 weeks before the ER seems to provide good price support a month before the ER. I view it as a life line to the TSLA SP every quarter.

For the record .. SP shooting up this AM - of course it's just a wave, we won't know for sure what's what till this Friday 4 PM .

TSLA.yahoo.1091.1227.0946.jpg