Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
pt-2021-png.645202

So... These were our stock price predictions for year end, made in March. The stock closed at $1,056.78 for 2021. If I'm not mistaken, @cjkosh was closest at $1065.00. Shoutout to @Sofie , @Buckminster,@Chenkers who were also pretty close (within $100 which is nothing for TSLA)! A few were pretty close but a bit pessimistic as well. ;) Happy New Year to all and well done for holding TSLA - to a successful 2022.
Thanks for doing this. I could have sworn I put a guess in but after looking and looking I can't find it. Knowing me it was probably way late. My memory is something like 1032 so happy that my expectations were exceeded.

Happy New Year!

TSLA After-Hours Quotes​

Data last updated Dec 31, 2021 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Jan 03, 2022 04:00 PM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$1,062.6 +5.82 (+0.55%)
After-Hours Volume321,483
After-Hours High$1,062.9899 (07:47:43 PM)
After-Hours Low$1,053.5 (04:00:39 PM)

TSLA finished the last After-hrs session of the year up 0.55% (vs. 0.05% for the QQQ)

TSLA.chart.2021-12-31.20-00.png

TSLA finished 2021 up +49.8% ( that's 1.55x vs both the NASDAQ-100 [NDX] and S&P 500 [INX])

TSLA.1-Year.2021-12-31.png

So TSLA's "beta" is 2.04 (as reported by Yahoo Finance). Yet TSLA gained "only" 150% vs the major indices. So now, when Tesla reports Q4 earnings and further reduced debt, how will ratings agencies NOT upgrade Tesla's credit rating to "investment grade"? It's either that, or Tesla's beta needs to be reset to 1.55 (which is TSLA's 2021 performance vs the major Indices) vs the current silly value of 2.04. More reasonably, BOTH re-ratings should occur, IMO.

Cheers!

What's everyone guesses for the "product updates" on the Q4 earnings call that Elon said will be disclosed?

I think it's likely:

- Plaid or Extended LR Model Y from Austin (I think it'll be the only trim model from Austin that gets delivered in Q1/Q2)
- Semi official start of production/deliveries
- I don't think the product updates will have anything to do with Cybertruck
My guess, and I'm sorry if my simple answer disappoints, is that, whatever the product updates may be, they will make me smile and appreciate uncle Elon and his good judgement all over again, and that's good enough for me.

And that's all I have to say about that.

OH! Except Happy New Year, everybody, and my greatest thanks to all the incredibly knowledgeable people spending so much of their time to help members like myself and those I've turned on to investing in TSLA over the years.

...And SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR HARD WORKING, UNDERAPPRECIATED MODS!!!

Last edited:
Happy New Year to everyone here! You are mostly all just usernames, avatars and words on the screen to me but I feel like I know a lot of your personalities more than many people I actually am in contact with in my life. This is a great family here and I am happy to have been around for all these years. Here’s to a great 2022 for Tesla/TSLA and all of you and your families!

What's everyone guesses for the "product updates" on the Q4 earnings call that Elon said will be disclosed?

I think it's likely:

- Plaid or Extended LR Model Y from Austin (I think it'll be the only trim model from Austin that gets delivered in Q1/Q2)
- Semi official start of production/deliveries
- I don't think the product updates will have anything to do with Cybertruck
Elon mentioned giving product updates when he was being questioned about the cyber(nota)truck, and used that as an end to discussing the cyber(nota)truck at that time.

Elon mentioned giving product updates when he was being questioned about the cyber(nota)truck, and used that as an end to discussing the cyber(nota)truck at that time.
When Dave interviewed Sawyer; he mentioned some thing about a quad motor and a plaid cyber(nota)truck. 🤞

Somehow my wife thinks that the cyber truck is going to cost $150 K…so that leaves a lot of room for me to upgrade 🎉.

Happy new year to all of you in my extended family. It’s been a real treat and incredibly enriching (figuratively and literally) knowing you beautiful people.

Cheers 🥂