Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just reading the vibe on TSLA social media, it‘s starting to feel like expectations are rising a little high for Elon’s roadmap update…
Yeah his roadmap update is probably going to be a negative update vs a positive one. I mean it was in the context of "Oh man supply chain shortage problem is crazy and is not over". The roadmap update is the last thing I am looking forward to.

Yeah his roadmap update is probably going to be a negative update vs a positive one. I mean it was in the context of "Oh man supply chain shortage problem is crazy and is not over". The roadmap update is the last thing I am looking forward to.
Some expect Model 2 or whatever but I really hope not. I don't want to see any new products until CT and Semi are being built. I hope we get news on those, and it's going to be a disappointment if the answer for either is "2023".

Excerp: "Last week, Tobias Lindh/Twitter noticed 12 Model Ys in the factory yard that were transported away before the weekend. On January 5, he noticed another 33 Model Ys parked in the parking lot. All cars were painted in new colors, which, so far, are exclusively offered by Giga Berlin and Giga Texas"

Some expect Model 2 or whatever but I really hope not. I don't want to see any new products until CT and Semi are being built. I hope we get news on those, and it's going to be a disappointment if the answer for either is "2023".
After listening to Dan Ives' interview, I really feel like that guy understands tesla pretty well which was pretty shocking to me considering so many people who follows the company closely still expects a Model 2. How did all these guys got beaten by a stock analyst who covers like 50 different stocks?

I kind of like these price actions. I am in the process of transferring my TSLA stock from an Educations Savings Account to my Tax Free Account. Only way to do it is to sell in one plan and buy in the other. I am doing that in batches but the other way round. Bought today in the Tax Free savings account right at a low point and gave a limit sell order in the education savings account for the same number of shares but at a higher price. So basically I am HODL-ing but making money at the same time as the number of shares I am having in the long run does not really change.

If anything, the update may temper what will otherwise be blockbuster earnings. For those that are looking for short-term excitement.

Elon is not interested in the stock popping off right now so he’s not going to go out of his way to announce things (new products, robotaxi plans, stock split, etc.) that would get the market overly excited. Maybe later, but not now. Just my opinion. That may lead to disappointment for some.

But, it’s really not transparent… their trades MAY be AFTER the fact (by often months), but the information that many politicians are getting either through the administration, committees they sit on, closed door hearings they attend, policy that they are crafting before being announced is not transparent and front running any of this is not truly an open and full disclosure market. For ANY other group of participants, it would be considered insider trading. Why not for this body - that makes the rules, well I guess I just answered my question.
Haha.. yes, that was my second unmentioned point. They make the rules... I agree their trades should be made more transparent. I did not mean to imply that they were in my previous post. :)

Reactions: UncaNed
Also, Elon did tell that he thinks future product roadmap at Tesla is exciting at the Berlin event. So, I assume it will be some general statements like "Tesla will make EV for all categories like delivery van, vans etc. in the future. "

Robotics, AI, Batteries...

A company building a platform for sustainability and the innovation that comes from it.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
You may be right, but that also makes me wonder, if this is true and the news is negative, why would Elon pre-announce it in early December/late November (whenever it was), so far in advance? Situation could change after a few months. And if that were the case, how was production so high in Q4? Again, you may be right, but I'm leaning toward it being about 4680 production starting to come online. Like "we've got it all figured out and we're ramping, but it will take a year to reach full production speed."

You may be right, but that also makes me wonder, if this is true and the news is negative, why would Elon pre-announce it in early December/late November (whenever it was), so far in advance? Situation could change after a few months. And if that were the case, how was production so high in Q4? Again, you may be right, but I'm leaning toward it being about 4680 production starting to come online. Like "we've got it all figured out and we're ramping, but it will take a year to reach full production speed."
What can I say, Elon is a fan of preannouncing bad news. We had one just recently with his stock selling. The amount of cold water he throws on exuberance on twitter are plenty.

However, Elon also likes to talk about that difficult journey and there's a part of me thinking perhaps he wants to express how difficult it has been and how Tesla's team overcame that challenge. That's also his thing....

Anyways. leaning toward negative and as what MJ said, expect disappointment and you'll never be disappointed.

FWIW my expectation is the news will generally be positive, but absolutely be spun in the headlines as stuff being late, delayed, or problematic.

Like call will be 95% about how margins are insanely great, revenue and profit is through the roof, 50% CAGR guidance continues, and all major 4680 obstacles are now solved and the ramp can start... but all the headlines are gonna be garbage like "Musk admits cybertruck is years behind Rivian" because mass CT production not coming till 2023 or some such nonsense