Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thoughts on Jan-21-2022 DITM calls?
Haven't managed to catch up on all the wonderful posts on this thread lately.
Someone might've posted on this already, but couldn't find anything at least by searching for "spotgamma". The subject likely was discussed, even if not in the context of spotgamma video, article.

Spotgamma: Article; Video
Tldr; Tesla has deltas expiring equivalent to 107% of Average Daily traded volume. This would be

Last year January options (expiry Jan-15-2021) were also significant. That said, I am not sure how deep in the money those were back then.
There was a GME squeeze last January, likes of Melvin Capital had margin calls[Article]
I have a strong feeling, many of us here have quite a few DITM calls expiring this January, whether already exercised or yet to be.

What are your thoughts on this?
@"ALL HERE"
@Artful Dodger @FrankSG @generalenthu @The Accountant @traxila @ZeApelido, and other folks whose names/handles aren't crossing my tired mind right now.

FSD 10.9 seems to be a significant improvement judging by the comments I've seen. It is better at left turns and creeping. Although still not perfect, the rapid improvement is encouraging.

Agreed. Here's an excellent example of an unprotected left turn at the beginning of this short video by James Locke:

Model 3 - Beta FSD 10.9 - Test Loop 2 - 2021.44.30.10 - 17 Jan 2022

Only one intervention in the whole trip (which he does for each new release of FSD). The improvement is very apparent.

Cheers!

What do we think to this? Surely Tesla will know all about it, but interesting to read. So many articles in MSM about 'breakthroughs' you don't know what to believe!

Independent article - 1,200 km range battery
1642506967143.png

What do we think to this? Surely Tesla will know all about it, but interesting to read. So many articles in MSM about 'breakthroughs' you don't know what to believe!

Reuters Startup ONE says battery prototype delivered 750-mile range
“We want to eliminate both nickel and cobalt, but we don’t want to give up energy density. We aim to re-invent battery chemistry as well as the cell architecture”

It seems to be this battery: 752 Miles Range | ONE

Older Reuters: Next step for EVs: Design batteries to strengthen car, extend range

dual battery that combines a structural cell-to-pack design with a second, high-energy pack that can recharge the first

It all seems too good to be true. Probably not a scam, but nothing to trouble Tesla.

PSA: I thought I was caught up with the thread hours ago, but just did a refresh to reload where I left off, and it appears almost 2 pages of posts went to the bit bucket.

I understand why, but if the mods would post their cleanup action as a heads-up, it would be appreciated. That way, if anything important was posted (slim chance this weekend, sadly) we would know to backtrack to see if there were any pearls of wisdom worth reading.

Mods can't always post about their actions, as too many OT posts, bickering and hog wash gets nuked or moved to constantly report about it. In this case it was someone's old posts getting removed for personal reasons, so you didn't miss anything.

Advice: if you've been away from your device for a while click on 'TSLA Investor Discussions' in the breadcrumbs to go to the overview of all investment threads, then click on 'Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable' and you will automatically go to the first new post.

They put a 200kwh battery in a Model S and got... not quite 2x the range of a 100kwh battery in a Model S.

HOW INNOVATIVE!

More seriously, they claim it "fit" in the same space, so I guess that's something... except they also say they're still years away from a production version of whatever tech they used to make that happen, and we've no idea about safety, management, longevity, etc... so I guess it's not really something after all.

Is it time for a restraining order?

"Musk added in a separate tweet that rumours around his travel plans online were becoming a "security issue," in response to an apology from the account owner who first posted the wrong travel date, Sawyer Merritt."

Social media surrounding EM rising to new extremes to catch the next big sniffle of a story, now relegate themselves to being the latest yahoo eye candy devoid of substance.

It all seems too good to be true. Probably not a scam, but nothing to trouble Tesla.
cost, cycles, degradation, charging, power, scalability.. it's not just about range.

all the time we see articles cherry picking one aspect of a battery, such as in this instance range, but without the complete set of details it is largely meaningless.

we've no idea about safety, management, longevity, etc...
Re battery tech.... add cost to that list. These are the gotchas on most of these Battery breakthroughs - it's all gotta be good. But it can make a good headline just leaving out one aspect of the many. Like where's that solid state battery? At least someone's working on it still $$$. :rolleyes: What, no GM? Someone tell Mary!

"Will solid-state batteries replace the lithium-ion ones?
In theory, yes, or at least this is where things seem to be going. In fact many automakers are already investing in the tech, including Volkswagen, Toyota, Ford, and BMW."

Source: Why solid-state EV batteries are better than their lithium-ion counterpart