Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Historically, when is FOMO buying starting before earnings?
We are exactly 1 week away.
FOMOers must be lining up? Who is going to pull the trigger?

Please let TSLA ride to destroy my Covered calls strikes of 1260 and make everyone happy here.
I think whenever this QQQ selloff reverses a bit we'll see TSLA FOMO take hold. Could be tomorrow.

I'm not a "chart guy", but QQQ looks ready to snap rebound for the 80th time in a row. Guess it could continue south to $360 and close out the week that way, but I doubt it.

The algos will pounce on this dip like they always do, and that macro pressure will kick off the TSLA 4Q frenzy. Hopefully.

Reactions: FireMedic
I am a 2012 Tesla MS owner and long-term share holder. I used to read this thread daily but once Tesla started being profitable, moved to Twitter instead. Was never much of a poster.

The vast majority of my shares sit in a Roth IRA. But what I own is pretty insignificant to what many y’all have. I am looking to grow my TSLA share count by using Limited Margin which should allow me to, in theory, practice a little day trading. What thread or person should I read or follow that can help me in this quest? Thanking y’all in advance. David

Applying options strategy 'the wheel' to TSLA | Tesla Motors Club

Reactions: Nocturnal
I am unable to option trade in my ROTH. As I understand how Limited Margin works, it allows me to buy and sell stock the same day without waiting for settlements. So, I am looking for anyone’s daily trading strategies. If I recall, maybe improperly, some people used to purchased in the mornings and then sell in the afternoons or something like that.

Might want to consider a different broker, some absolutely allow options trading in IRAs (including roths)- Fidelity for example where I sell put spreads in my IRA among other things.

And if you take the time to learn about it is generally a safer and more reliable way to make $ than day trading shares.

If there was a simple formula to be successful day trader there'd be more of them.... their failure rate is incredibly high (anywhere from 80-95% failure rates depending whose #s you go by)

I am unable to option trade in my ROTH. As I understand how Limited Margin works, it allows me to buy and sell stock the same day without waiting for settlements. So, I am looking for anyone’s daily trading strategies. If I recall, maybe improperly, some people used to purchased in the mornings and then sell in the afternoons or something like that.
TD Ameritrade lets you trade options in an IRA account. Just no margin. I sell deep OTM covered calls once in a while.

In that case I suggest that you check out the Humbled Trader YouTube channel. This was the most instructive and practical resource for learning day trading strategies.

While you’re studying that, open a paper trading account and spend a good amount of time watching the TSLA ticker. Risk some fake money before risking real money.

I am a 2012 Tesla MS owner and long-term share holder. I used to read this thread daily but once Tesla started being profitable, moved to Twitter instead. Was never much of a poster.

The vast majority of my shares sit in a Roth IRA. But what I own is pretty insignificant to what many y’all have. I am looking to grow my TSLA share count by using Limited Margin which should allow me to, in theory, practice a little day trading. What thread or person should I read or follow that can help me in this quest? Thanking y’all in advance. David
Don't do it. Nobody here, or anywhere, can tell you how to do that. Day trading is a loser's game. As Elon said, at 9:51, "believe in the future". That is a lot easier to do than trying to beat the manipulators at their own game. Try that!

After a solid 2021, Team Tesla started out the 2022 season on fire. Since then? Meh. Just getting warmed up.

Today
Close:1,030.51
Margin of W/L:-19.10
Volume:22,329,803
High - Low:54.73
Season
Record:5-6
Total margin of wins:240.31
Total margin of losses:-266.58
YTD gain/loss:-26.27-2.5%
Price/52 week high82.9%
Best Win:143.00Jan 3
Worst Loss:-74.66Jan 13
Last 10:4-6
Streak:L1
Avg margin of victory:48.06
Avg margin of defeat:-44.43
Avg Volume:25,115,021
Avg Volume of Last 10:28,065,522
Avg High - Low:66.38
Avg H - L of Last 10:65.35

Currently reading Technical Analysis from Barbara Rockefeller and wanted to know more about gap filling and those 850s gaps that did not get filled yet. Her theory is that common gaps usually get filled but not breakaway gaps when fundamentals from the company change. Anyone has some other knowledges on gaps and how often they get filled, if common gaps frequently get filled but not breakaway or runaway gaps? Is that generally accepted concept?

Also found an Interesting concept of the island identifying a key reversal by spotting 2 breakaway gaps, one up and one down.

Technical trading has so many concepts and theories with the name of the person who identified every type of bars and patterns. I never thought I would read more names in a tech trading book than in medicine. Everybody wants to give his name to something it seems.

I only knew HODL.

Attachments

• 488DB122-F11E-45C2-9590-E8C72630BA2C.jpeg
    488DB122-F11E-45C2-9590-E8C72630BA2C.jpeg
    500.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 49FB14B6-6A55-4012-90E8-56EC7E7416FB.jpeg
    49FB14B6-6A55-4012-90E8-56EC7E7416FB.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 64

Not knowing your degree of knowledge, if you are unfamiliar with options, then explore your brokerage's basic option tutorials, learning videos and whatever education they offer online. While I tried a little of what I called "day trading", AKA picking up pennies in front of the stream roller, that's a great exercise in learning some basics, I think holding LEAPS with long expiration dates, provided one buys them wisely, (not at an ATH) was and still is the best path for someone like me, because that's I did quite well with. But only if you're comfortable with the risk of a black swan or bad, extended Macro event, which could certainly wipe out your investment.

Actually, I did buy quite a few at ATH prices, but even those DID NOT lose value over all, they were just mediocre trades.

I am no expert, have no formal education in investing nor trading, I've arguably been lucky, and this is definitely not advice.

Edit - I meant DID NOT lose value over all, because I bought the latest expiring LEAPS available.

Last edited: