Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought they needed the 4680 cells for structural battery pack. I know they aren’t starting out with a Model Y SR, but it’s likely it’ll be added back into the mix. Likewise, it makes sense for the Model 3 to transition to structural pack. Are the SR models going to have some with the older style non structural packs with LFP/

Reactions: replicant and MC3OZ
CATL cell to pack and BYD structural packs use prismatic LFP

Tesla could design a structural pack using 2170's but whats the point if you already have a pack design and are shifting to 4680s?
If 4680 are a ways out from meeting all needs (or never?) why not move towards a structural pack for 2170 as well? That would allow them to easily use the same front/rear castings for all cell types.

If 4680 are a ways out from meeting all needs (or never?) why not move towards a structural pack for 2170 as well? That would allow them to easily use the same front/rear castings for all cell types.
The larger diameter of the 4680 cells and the fewer cells per pack makes them more stable and increases the rigidity of the pack. I don’t think you can make a 2170 pack which is structurally as strong as the 4680 packs.

The benefits from the 4680, increased silicon, etc will phase in over time. They compliment each other, but they don’t all come as a bundle. Lots of benefits in terms of manufacturing and cost savings just switching to 4680 without the rest of the savings.

Stellantis CEO complains that the transition to EV is.... a risk for the environment: Europe's EV drive comes with environmental, social risks, Stellantis CEO says

You can't make this up.

Just imagine how bad it will be for the environment when every car is not pumping out carbon monoxide and other toxic byproducts of internal combustion! Humans will live an extra 5 years per person, on average, which will increase the total environmental load on the planet. 🤪

But I fail to see the social risks. Are they trying to say that the rates of depression of 'car guys' and TSLAQ types will soar to record heights? 🤪

Could this foretell the need to construct unimaginable numbers of new mental health hospitals? I guess there is wisdom in continuing to power transportation with things we are more comfortable with!

/s

I'd be slightly cautious, you might get an even better opportunity for Calls or LEAPS in the next few days.

TSLA has a tendency to show strength one day and then underperform the next day or next series of days. Considering we're 6 trading days away from some monumental earnings, I would expect some shenanigans to go on at some point before then. Especially with the macro's this weak/volatile.

My read is that the underlying strength is putting a damper on manipulators abilities to manipulate. They have to constantly set less ambitious goals.

I'm going to make a WAG and say we end the week higher than we are right now ($1,030.51). Maybe much higher.

Hmmm well
My read is that the underlying strength is putting a damper on manipulators abilities to manipulate. They have to constantly set less ambitious goals.

I'm going to make a WAG and say we end the week higher than we are right now ($1,030.51). Maybe much higher.
The strong moves in the morning hopefully are a tell that we have some backing. Macro stuff is terrible.

Historically, when is FOMO buying starting before earnings?
We are exactly 1 week away.
FOMOers must be lining up? Who is going to pull the trigger?

Please let TSLA ride to destroy my Covered calls strikes of 1260 and make everyone happy here.
Big options expiration this Friday, right? I’d expect the FOMO starts early next week.

IMO, FSD should be valued at 50% of the annual income provided by the car deployed in a robotaxis fleet. Right now, FSD is a useful safety and quality of life feature but once you can earn money by sending your car earning for you during the day I would suggest easily over 25k. However, once regulation let a car drive itself and earn money for its owner, there will be no reason for Tesla to sell cars to customers or the demand will be so high the waiting list won’t be 8 months but 2-3 years. Which will cause a price increase to the current FSD vehicles on the road.

Big options expiration this Friday, right? I’d expect the FOMO starts early next week.
My last covered call is for this Friday, then the FOMO hurricane can unleash its full power and I will be happy whatever happens

I am a 2012 Tesla MS owner and long-term share holder. I used to read this thread daily but once Tesla started being profitable, moved to Twitter instead. Was never much of a poster.

The vast majority of my shares sit in a Roth IRA. But what I own is pretty insignificant to what many y’all have. I am looking to grow my TSLA share count by using Limited Margin which should allow me to, in theory, practice a little day trading. What thread or person should I read or follow that can help me in this quest? Thanking y’all in advance. David