Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds crazy high to me. I'm not saying you are WRONG, I don't have a crystal ball of course, but WOW that sounds high! 😮

I'm leaning towards a more conservative share price increase over time. I think PE Ratios will contract over the next few years thereby lowering valuations in the market a bit compared to what we've been used to these past few years. Time will tell, and I'd love for your numbers to be correct! :D
Would ~$5000 a share today have sounded crazy high to you 2-3 years ago? It certainly would have to me. Sure am glad I was snatching up shares as fast as I could back then!

Q4 EPS Estimates
Waiting on Rob and Warren - here are the EPS estimates so far:

View attachment 759183

James Stephenson expects the Def Tax Asset recognized this quarter but I excluded it from his number.
$1.96 one month ago....$2.31 now....$2.71 Whisper. These guys are clowns.

seems to me that WS is raising their estimates to possibly show that Tesla did not beat..very concerning...
1642959169049.jpg

Was behind a Toyota Mirai yesterday on the I-5 in Orange County . . .

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the practical point of sharing the road with one of these cars, and why hydrogen-powered cars have some annoyances that may not have been considered before.

1) Every time the driver hit the accelerator, our car got sprayed with a misting of water. It was like being behind someone that is constantly cleaning there windshield. We could literally see a woosh of spray coming out from the tailpipe each time. It became annoying enough we zoomed past on the right and hopped in front of them and cleaned our windshield (legit needing cleaning - and he got a taste of what he was passing out to everyone else).
2) with that much water vapor constantly coming out of the tailpipe, I wondered what it would be like on the roads in a place like LA that has literally millions of cars. Would there there be a low-level fog/smog from this all the time? Would it be better or worse than what we deal with now?

I think we have just solved California’s drought.

Would ~$5000 a share today have sounded crazy high to you 2-3 years ago? It certainly would have to me. Sure am glad I was snatching up shares as fast as I could back then!

Yes I have to admit it would have sounded crazy too, yet here we are!

I probably just have a difficult time accepting exponential growth, even when I know the math forecasts it.

I probably just have a difficult time accepting exponential growth, even when I know the math forecasts it.
What's really crazy is that TSLA at 900/share today trades at a Forward P/E that is 1/10th of what it was when TSLA was at 900/share back in Jan 2021, just one year ago.......Most people still don't get that massive P/E compression in TSLA has already happened

seems to me that WS is raising their estimates to possibly show that Tesla did not beat..very concerning...
View attachment 759191
Estimates and the whisper numbers are set at this point. Whisper number being $2.70. In today's environment, beating the whisper number by .10-20 cents could actually be pretty big. Wall St wants profits, not necessarily revenue growth right now.

Q4 EPS Estimates
Waiting on Rob and Warren - here are the EPS estimates so far:

View attachment 759183

James Stephenson expects the Def Tax Asset recognized this quarter but I excluded it from his number.
And from that Bloomberg wire someone posted it sounds like the whisper number has crept up to 2.71. Which makes me a bit grumpy.

Edit: should have read like one more post to see comment from @StarFoxisDown!

Tesla is the most consequential company ever, at the very least with respect to the future disruption it is aiming for.

Its stock is the most consequential in terms of options (leveraged) activity BY FAR, hence the most important and attractive for MMs and other large firms whose profits depend on volatility and extraction of wealth from others.

Is it a stretch then, that the worst of human behavior - legally indictable or not - will be related to Tesla and TSLA? Is it a stretch to think that if political interference does occur anywhere, it’s going to occur in this instance? Or corporate espionage? Or class-action lawsuits with dubious intentions?

Or if market manipulation does occur anywhere, it will likely occur with this stock?

The stakes are astronomically high with both the company’s ambitions as well as the stock itself. The [sometimes unfathomable] extremes of human behavior are guaranteed to surface as stakes get higher. Simple as that.

I was extatic to get the opportunity to sell some hard-to-sell TSLA at the then ATH of 1000 and pay off a big part of my mortgage. Here we are today, at five times that valuation. But if I do sell off more now to pay the rest, I'll surely leave money on the table.

No, why not let it roll some more, eh? At least wait a week or so ... :p