Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To counter the Moody's upgrade:

Hey Guys, Tesla's Software Can Be Hacked.

Teen Tesla Hacker Accessed Owners’ Email Addresses to Warn Them
I’m pretty sure this is only a security issue if you used a third party app which was compromised. Since 99% of Tesla owners don’t use 3rd party services, this isn’t much of a concern to the wider community. It doesn’t even affect all of the 3rd party apps so it’s a subset of a subset. The token that app used were expired so I’m not even sure you could do what he did to track down the email accounts now regardless.

This reminds me a lot about hacks on Android or iOS apps that involved side-loaded apps.

It’s great that he came forward and hopefully he got compensated well for being proactive to the community and Tesla.

Be exceedingly careful with who you share your car tokens with. Personally, I can’t see trusting a third party with the keys to my Tesla until Tesla makes a more granular security system on the API. Giving TeslaFi (which wasn’t hacked as far as I know) access to control my car and most of it’s data so I could log drives was a lot to ask.

I set a limit buy order at 850 as the stock dropped below 900 and went to sleep (Asia). Stunned to wake up this morning to see it bottomed out at just over 851 but managed to scratch and claw its way back to 930 at close. TSLA. Rarely a dull moment!
Next time calculate with -9.8% drop or so.. the -10% drop will be protected by the uptick rule that MM don't want to trigger.
850 was too close to that (849.xx was -10% 😅). At 855 or so you would have gotten em 😉

Interesting . . . Tesla January 2025 warrants are available in Germany.

Yes. Those warrants are close to being a scam 😉
They behave similar to options without being regulated. Usually they have things like 4% fee to enter and 4% fee to leave (I saw fees up to 13% once.. and they change from product to product, "product" being one strike at one expiry from one issuer), you cannot go short, only long (so the call puts "short" and calls "long" on the websites to confuse you) and in most contacts the issuer has a special cancellation-right after 1 year if it goes too much against them. Haven't seen the cancellation used in the wild, but it is always there as a clause.

You can also buy them in the us if you want. But noone does. IBKR has an interface for them, but it is hard to use as they are all called other things and many numbers are sometimes in USD, sometimes in EUR depending on the issuer, product or item you want to look at.

tl;dr: just don't.

Here's the hurdles Tesla needs to reach to level up - Moody's methodology is linked in the rating note. FWIW - Upgrades seem inevitable (and likely rapid) given Tesla's continued margin expansion, debt retirement and market share growth.
1643102801649.png

I considered selling the shares I bought on margin today for a nice profit, BUT I'm holding out until at least EoD Wednesday, perhaps even Thursday or Friday.

I ain't touching my long shares, but my "fun" account is another thing entirely!
Do you have a game plan when you swing? I'd love to hear it.

For instance, my "game" might go like this:
if the limit buy ladder I build is 20 shares per rung, 5 rungs in all, and the first one hits, I immediately put in a limit sell order in for 250 points above the buy price. Then, if the next one hits, they are added to the original sell order and the sell price is reduced to 125, and so on. In this particular game all rungs hit so my sell order is now set at 50 points above the highest buy price. So I have to wait til the sp hits 1000 before this game is over.

I don't normally play this large but since I just sold my Miami condo I had the extra cash.

Definitely not advice.

I don't normally play this large but since I just sold my Miami condo I had the extra cash.

Definitely not advice.
I’d highly suggest you check out the options thread. With that extra cash you could sell puts and possibly buy a Miami condo building next year.

Definitely not advice. :p

I’d highly suggest you check out the options thread. With that extra cash you could sell puts and possibly buy a Miami condo building next year.

Definitely not advice. :p
I don't understand or play options. And besides, I can already buy the condo building. ;) I'm retired and this is just my little way of having some extra fun.

Hahaha.

Maybe the NDX wasn't so violent that day. I remember losing a mil and gaining a mil in one day. Today was like -400 +400
Just remember what a 'mil' is:
I consider them in large Foreign Exchange trades but normally that is worth almost nothing. In manufacturing precision parts that is pretty useless too, because it's too imprecise to be useful.
o_O

Reactions: Tommy O and wtlloyd
Just a reminder that Moody's had Enron debt rated investment grade, right up to a few days before it declared bankruptcy. They're not exactly the smartest guys in the room.
TSLAQ was all over that talking point.

But that's not the reason they are useful IMO. It's not the analysis, it's the CYA feature.

"It's not my fault! Moody's had them rated as investment grade!"
-fund manager

Show of hands...who has orders lined up at a 9.9% drop today?
I'm yolo shopping today!

Yes I'm in recovery and don't really do this any more, but earnings are one day away and it's an extraordinary opportunity.

Looking for a 10am bottom, hopefully with SP around 880-900 to buy some cheap 1/28 and 2/4 call. Not advice.