Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"product roadmap update"
I'm looking for the tweet but can't find it, but I believe it was made in response to a question about the cybertruck.

I think it was something like "can we get an update on cybertruck?" "yes, we will give a product roadmap update on earnings call" so not 100% clear if it is a products road map update or just a single product update

Mod:
Deleted 15 posts about inflation or deflation without relevance to TSLA, or ones that just had no meaningful content at all.
And a reminder, anyone posting misinformation or links without summary, for today only, will be rewarded with a timeout. Like many others I have reserved plenty of time today.
--ggr

Mod:
Deleted 15 posts about inflation or deflation without relevance to TSLA, or ones that just had no meaningful content at all.
And a reminder, anyone posting misinformation or links without summary, for today only, will be rewarded with a timeout. Like many others I have reserved plenty of time today.
--ggr
... and poetry, right? 😏
Mod: and politics and poetry. --ggr

Interesting. You have provided a long statement and several times pointed to Tesla as the source of data.

Simple question, precisely what data provided by Tesla should investor’s require to assess the effective of Tesla service? First principles focus is best. What is the metric that tells the story?

My point is that we don't have access to the data, Tesla does, and they use it, combined with first principles thinking, to expand the service network in the most cost-effective manner.

From an investor's point of view, unless you have better sources of data than I do, we have to look at what we do have. Things like owner's satisfaction ratings done annually, etc. If the service issue was threatening the brand, it would show up there instead of showing Tesla leading the pack.

Those who don't trust management when they tell you they are hard at work on it probably should find a company with management they can trust to invest in. In my experience, quality of management is one of the most important metrics towards getting a good return on your investment and a management team like Tesla has is a rare thing indeed. Some people don't seem to grasp this. Management matters. And, no Zach and Jesse don't know how to run a business as complex as Tesla. In my opinion, they do not have what it takes to succeed at running Tesla to any degree even coming close to the top team at Tesla. It's laughable that they think otherwise.

Nice guys though, probably fun to have a beer with them and laugh and joke around with.

Last edited:
Recommended guidelines for posting tonight:
  1. If in doubt, don't post or put it in off topic galore
  2. Add value - don't post SP or quotes from the presentation
  3. Group your points together into bigger posts
  4. Don't post until you have caught up and confirmed it hasn't already been posted
Roadmap thread here:
Tesla EV roadmap

Battery discussion etc. probably best here:
Investor Engineering Discussions

Just a reminder that the statement is released 30 minutes before the press conference here: The Fed - Meeting calendars and information

The statement is what will trigger the algos. 10 minutes for the statement release.

Correct, except to say that both events always trigger the algos. (sometimes in different directions from one another)

Reactions: Dig deeper
From the Q3 Earnings Call, this was my favorite tidbit from Zach:

"well, I mean the great thing that we're seeing in the space right now is there appears to just be quite a profound awakening of the desirability for electric vehicles. And I mean to be totally frank, it's caught us a little bit off guard. . . . And that kind of awakening and changing consumer sentiment, I'm sure there's lots of reasons that go into it, but folks want to buy an electric car and folks want to buy a Tesla right now"

What I like about this quote, was that it was Zach answering a question from an analyst; it was not part of his prepared statement . . it was ad lib.

I want to hear another golden nugget like this during the Q4 call.