Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My accountant's son works for Tesla as a design engineer and I get ziltch out of them. He's working on all sorts of stuff we'd all like to hear about. I don't mind. I'm just happy to be 3 connections away from Elon!
I've always thought how we're not seeing and someone being able to scan for people tweeting "I just got hired by Tesla Austin! First day Monday" to signal start of production. These kids are supposed to be putting everything about their lives online dammnit!

I've always thought how we're not seeing and someone being able to scan for people tweeting "I just got hired by Tesla Austin! First day Monday" to signal start of production. These kids are supposed to be putting everything about their lives online dammnit!
I don't know what their contracts say but it sure does keep them tight-lipped. Maybe they get 1 stock option deducted for every social media post?

My accountant's son works for Tesla as a design engineer and I get ziltch out of them. He's working on all sorts of stuff we'd all like to hear about. I don't mind. I'm just happy to be 3 connections away from Elon!

I have a friend who works at the Boring Company. He says there's tons of great stuff he can't tell me. :mad:

Mine better be painted in the new paint shop they have promised then. My 3 paint is pretty good, not perfect. But for 250k I do expect flawless. ;)

That's a common misunderstanding that the perfection of the paint job of a car should be proportional to its MSRP but it's well known that multi-million-dollar exotics made in low numbers are notorious for having worse paint than a common Kia. Generally speaking, perfection of the paint job increases with volume of manufacture, not with the purchase price. Rolls Royce is a notable exception, but Tesla will never be like Rolls Royce. That said, I bet the paint on most Roadsters will be nearly flawless but not often flawless.

Well i'm going to channel my inner AJ at MS and give the classic $10 to infinity range.

47605104.jpg

Continued super-low volume, considering the importance of the day, and it looks like folks are just covering their intra-day short positions that took a premarket $962 down to $942......and now back up to $962. "Market making".....lol.

Gonna hit the gym before Jerome dictates our entire financial lives at 2pm!

One of us needs to go undercover and get a job at Austin, Berlin or Kato Road.

I should tell my daughter to start making youtube videos about her Tesla experience then.
She also worked for Tesla for 4 months last summer as an intern at the Kato road new battery line, she was a member of the team (8 people) working on tuning the dry battery electrode production line (now she is back at Halifax continuing her PhD in Jeff's lab).
BTW, her boyfriend has worked for Tesla for over 5 years as a service engineer, so he could fill a whole channel with his experiences, LOL.

ps: And no, I ain't tellin you nothin' about the status of DBE prod line for 4680s -- NDA and all that

View attachment 760453
OK, but you could tell us how much more TSLA you bought (or sold) after your daughter started working at Kato road.... ;)