Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 764403

TSLA related because Elon might make good on his idea of buying FB just to shut it down. 😍🚀

LOL:

Oct 22, 2018 · "Elon Musk buys Fortnite and deletes it," the hoax news story, ... he had to remove the game to protect players from "eternal virginity". (not linking to the Independant)​

Cheers!

Till a mod comes and mops the floors...
As long as Tesla Vehicles, all of em just not a Cyber(nota)truck, has 15 amp AC plug in the trunk I will be more than happy about being able to run one appliance at a time in my house.
Cooking when needed.
Hot water heater an hour.
A small HVAC component depending on weather.
Lights and tv all the time
And an air pump to the koi pond.

I'd value that function at > $4000

So, not that I mind, but Tesla seems to be running up and away from the rest of the market this morning. Any particular reason why? Are people selling their FB shares and moving over to TSLA now? :D
My friend and I both had some Facebook and sold that to buy Tesla when it was at 850.

I only bought Facebook a while back cause I really liked the oculus rift. It was the only good stand alone VR that I knew of. I played it for a while but I haven’t touched it for over 6 months. It’s still kind of uncomfortable and I have to set it up pretty much every time I put it on. It’s been really buggy as well so I have to reset it pretty often. They really have to make the headsets more comfy, less buggy, and easier to use. So for those reasons I decided to sell FB and plus TSLA was a steal of a deal.

He knows people would use it and don’t be fooled by that statement about the original roadster there’s a specific reason why people did not use it and it has nothing to do with desire. The original system was not set up to be easily integrated and it had very little control. Tesla telematics now allows the ability to monitor use in the car this is extremely valuable for utilities on V2G. The large packs on Teslas are perfectly suited for all sorts of applications for V2G but are conflicts with the power wall business and other goals. This is not about first principal nonsense it’s about conflicts, priorities, etc. Understand the conflicts with local utilities by strapping a large pack to a home. PG&E severely limits what type of battery sizes you can have on your home based on your usage. The reality ia giant V2G system via Tesla could be a giant Trojan horse. Hopefully they have a long-term plan to leverage this because they are best positioned with their software and telemetry.
OK, so I could buy into your view on why V2G didn't catch on with Roadster as a matter of integration issues. Thanks for that. Any sources on this assessment?

Assuming you're right, then it was my second choice: Elon was coy (vs market misread) because he would have also known this at the time and likely used it himself. Considering Elon's "reason" was brought up on Battery Day, it tells me they may have discovered a better path for V2G, namely 4680s due to the very data on those slides they were presenting that day. Time will tell.

I really like Emmet and Matt from Good Soil, but I don't understand their defense of Taylor Organ. The frat boy who pretends to be a Tesla bull helped create an article in the boston globe about how horrible FSD beta is. Of course he made sure he didn't upgrade the software and is using an old build.

Not that Taylor hasn't lied about a ton of stuff in the past- but where is the "old build" thing coming from? Tweet claims it was 10.9, which not only isn't "old" it's newer than the majority of testers are on per Teslafi data (which shows most still on 10.8.x)

Not that Taylor hasn't lied about a ton of stuff in the past- but where is the "old build" thing coming from? Tweet claims it was 10.9, which not only isn't "old" it's newer than the majority of testers are on per Teslafi data (which shows most still on 10.8.x)
Based on comments from people who reviewed his video. That may not be accurate. I don't trust him at all to claim that he is on 10.9

You can tell from the UI that's it not 10.9. Specifically, the blue line that's showing it's path. At least that's what many of twitter FSD beta accounts have pointed this out. He's lying.

Last edited:
I guess it's a start...

I thought this was an Onion piece, but after checking multiple sources, it looks real.

Although some chips might be unique to F and GM, I assume many are common. Why in the world would Tesla be willing to reduce its own production to boost competitors?

Isn't the supply of semiconductors a zero sum game? So if Tesla helps source chips for the US automotive industry, doesn't that leave fewer chips for Tesla?

Although some chips might be unique to F and GM, I assume many are common. Why in the world would Tesla be willing to reduce its production to boost competitors?
Elon won't do it unless it makes financial sense. Because supply is limited I could see, for example, Tesla providing the software unlock for a substantial fee

Wouldn't be surprised if we see TSLA get considerably weaker throughout the rest of trading. We've seen this action quite a few times in the past 1-2 months where it bucks the macros in the morning, only to get weaker and weaker throughout the day.
Question is......do we get to ride the wave tomorrow if Amazon meets their meager earnings expectations and NASDAQ has a recovery day? Sold a $930c for tomorrow(max pain), so I'll take $929.69 :)

I guess it's a start...

Admin: Elon how do you do it? How do you get around chip shortages and other auto manufacturers having a hard time.
Elon: We are not just an auto manufacturer we are a professional software engineering company that has competent staff who can rapidly develop new software. Not a bunch of old COBOL programmers who just want to make it to retirement.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see TSLA get considerably weaker throughout the rest of trading. We've seen this action quite a few times in the past 1-2 months where it bucks the macros in the morning, only to get weaker and weaker throughout the day.
Qqq is weak, so naturally Tesla will tank with it. However they never took out our 900 support so I am feeling kind of good with Teslas strength. Fintech should rebound tomorrow if Amazon doesn't end up with crazy bad numbers. Can't wait till next week so we are out of this slump.

Till a mod comes and mops the floors...
As long as Tesla Vehicles, all of em just not a Cyber(nota)truck, has 15 amp AC plug in the trunk I will be more than happy about being able to run one appliance at a time in my house.
Cooking when needed.
Hot water heater an hour.
A small HVAC component depending on weather.
Lights and tv all the time
And an air pump to the koi pond.

I'd value that function at > $4000

I think it does make sense to include power outlets and a small inverter for convenience. I would like to see a high amperage 12V outlet too. Vehicle to grid is a different use story and complicated by so many safety, regulatory and infrastructure issues it's not practical to implement at this time. Or, put another way, Tesla has pick and choose their battles and how they deploy their resources. And, indeed, Tesla has already promised 120V and 240V outlets on their next vehicle, the Cybertruck. In the future I bet it's a profitable option all their vehicles.

If you want hot water, the 120V outlets should be more than one 15 amp. outlet, preferably 240V. How much hot water do you think 120V @ 15 amps is going to get you in an hour? Not even enough to take a warm bath or shower unless your water supply is already tepid which is not the normal situation in areas where Tesla are sold. If all you want is tea or coffee, fine. Power outlets are super easy to implement relative to Tesla doing VTG which involves all kinds of new software and hardware on the grid side for integration.