Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this true? I'm not an accountant nor do I play one on TV

He's leaving out the fact that Tesla paid off debt to the tune of 1.4 billion for Q2, Q3, and Q4. That's roughly 4 billion in debt payoff throughout 2021. That's not going to continue considering the fact that Tesla only has like 1.4 billion of debt left.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on how he's estimating FCF there.

Total Debt went from $6.29 billion after Q4 of 2020 to $1.39 billion after Q4 2021

Last edited:
Man I waited all weekend for this BS stock price movement. Come on go up or down! I got to feed my addiction.

The 2021 Annual report (10-K) has this to say: (selected quote)

The trading price of our common stock is likely to continue to be volatile​

• The stock market in general, and the market for technology companies in particular, has experienced extreme price and volume fluctuations that have often been unrelated or disproportionate to the operating performance of those companies.
  • In particular, a large proportion of our common stock has been historically and may in the future be traded by short sellers which may put pressure on the supply and demand for our common stock, further influencing volatility in its market price.
If you hang around long enough, you'll likely get your wish. :p

thumb_gladly-pay-you-tuesday-for-a-hamburger-today-memegeneralor-net-gladly-50011065.png

Cheers!

P.S. Volatility is not Risk.

May 20th should be interesting. The highest open interest call is at $2,050. Weird.

View attachment 766075
Likely a hedge or a spread trade, e.g. ratio spread +4x1350/-5x2050 it looks on this diagram. The remaining short leg potentially covered by shares.

Without having research the price history of this particular strategy:
This ratio spread might have traded at a very low price and might thus provide a very high return if the stock trades higher than $1,350 on May 20. Stockprice doesn't even have to get close to $2,050 for this trade to pay off 2x + if the timing of entry was somewhat opportune

Last edited:
Man I waited all weekend for this BS stock price movement. Come on go up or down! I got to feed my addiction.

Addicted and want to take action when the stock is flat?

If only there were financial instruments and a thread for that...

[ducks]

Spy got rejected at 450 2nd time today which caused a major downward push near the end of the day.
That had absolutely zero to do with TSLA's trading today. TSLA had a swing of 4% today............which coincided with a certain videogame

(Mods I'll stop now 🙃 )

That had absolutely zero to do with TSLA's trading today. TSLA had a swing of 4% today............which coincided with a certain videogame

(Mods I'll stop now 🙃 )
QQQ, Tsla, Spy (and pretty much most stock) had a dump right when Spy got that hard rejection at 450. Tesla pretty much followed macros after the dump post 940 rejection.

QQQ, Tsla, Spy (and pretty much most stock) had a dump right when Spy got that hard rejection at 450. Tesla pretty much followed macros after the dump post 940 rejection.
A stock's trading action can mimic the QQQ's and not mimic it at the same time.

Not sure why this is even a discussion. It's been shown time and time again that MM's drive the stock down harder when the macro's, including the QQQ, drop and then cap on the way up. On the surface it looks like TSLA follows the QQQ's, but when you look the percentages, it's being amplified on the way down with little recovery.

A stock's trading action can mimic the QQQ's and not mimic it at the same time.

Not sure why this is even a discussion. It's been shown time and time again that MM's drive the stock down harder when the macro's, including the QQQ, drop and then cap on the way up. On the surface it looks like TSLA follows the QQQ's, but when you look the percentages, it's being amplified on the way down with little recovery.
Sure, you however are explaining the rise (or lack there of). I was explaining the drop...like what triggered a sharp macro retracement.

Sure, you however are explaining the rise (or lack there of). I was explaining the drop...like what triggered a sharp macro retracement.
Yeah sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying in the wrong way in the cause of the macro movements.
Looked to me like TSLA shot up above max pain and was brought back down via MM's MMD, then QQQ all got pushed down in the last 30 minutes.

I still say there's a big bull/bear QQQ battle going on. TSLA China deliveries should be out this week. Nvidia earnings next Wednesday!

A lot of the macro movement today and probably Tues/Wed is jockeying for position in front of the inflation number that comes out this week which will have a significant impact on what the market overall does going forward