Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's probably the wrong metric too. What you really want to capture is miles driven (estimating fleet utilization rate by energy type). Even then some EVs are more efficient than others. Makes less difference in Norway who's grid is almost 100% renewables. In a country like the USA, you could use the 'carbon intensity' of electricity but there's a lot of wide error bars by the time you get to a single number.

Still, the ONLY thing that matters is grams of CO2 emitted, which tracks most closely with bbls of oil sold, tons of coal, and cubic meters of natural gas. If that number continues to go up, we're no where near the tipping point.
It is important to have a EV option for all high milage vehicles.

The fuel and maintenance savings really stack up for high mileage, hence it will not take much to get buyers over the line.

Then those high milage vehicles have an outsized impact in reducing emissions, and oil company profits.

In this context the Tesla Semi is important, it will be great when they are driving around in high numbers. And great in every way, lower emissions, less noise, cleaner air, faster traffic.

who are "they"? any publicly traded companies? A company that can make an unlimited amount of money due to manipulation would be a tempting investment.

Not sure if your question is serious, but assuming it is, they are collectively the market makers, hedge funds and (criminal) short-sellers.

A recent photo taken of one of supposedly them is in fact BS - this guy is not successful and should be used as a contra-indicator.

1644311071495.png

/S

Last edited:
The end of PHEVs might be closer than we thought, at least in Europe. Bullish.

Haven't seen @jhm around in a while and need some statistical support! I know he ran the numbers on when we'd see EV adoption actually have a meaningful impact on crude oil demand. Are we there yet?

I'm seeing these EV share of passenger vehicle stats that are blowing my mind.

2.5% in 2019
4.1% in 2020
8.57% in 2021 !

Surely this is already putting a tiny cap on demand rebound from the pandemic lows? I know these are just new cars and not the whole fleet, but at this rate 2022 is what.....15%? Lordy!
Nothing compared to the 25% in Europe now

Reactions: replicant
Not exactly BREAKING NEWS, but perhaps worth a mention:

The administrative court in Frankfurt (Oder) has postponed the hearing of a lawsuit by environmentalists against a water permit that also affects the Tesla plant in Grünheide (Oder-Spree). The lawyer for the environmental associations fell ill with Corona and therefore asked for a postponement, the Frankfurt (Oder) administrative court said on Monday. An employee of the court was also ill. The process will be rescheduled as soon as possible. It was supposed to take place on Friday.

The rest: Gerichtsverhandlung über Tesla-Wasser muss wegen Corona-Fällen vertagt werden

Here is an unbiased/absolutely fair evaluation of the top electric cars for 2022 /s

There seems to be one brand missing.

This proves that Teslas are computer on wheels ;)

Not sure if your question is serious, but assuming it is, they are collectively the market makers, hedge funds and (criminal) short-sellers.

A recent photo taken of one of supposedly them is in fact BS - this guy is not successful and should be used as a contra-indicator.

/S
Neuralink.jpg

Credits: @AMuchBetterFace on Twitter

The protection of freedom of speech, and freedom of the press are central to the tenets of democracy. Just as I believe that Joe Rogan has the right to air his views, I also believe Neil Young has the right air his views. While I despise Nazism, to believe in freedom of speech means standing for their right to speak.

Quoting from the article:

Young also urged people to move their money out of multinational banks JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N), Citigroup Inc (C.N), Bank of America Corp (BAC.N) and Wells Fargo & Co , calling them "damage causers" for their funding of fossil fuels.

I am making this post because I believe misinformation must be factored into any Tesla investment thesis. It makes sense for those invested in Tesla to divest from companies funding fossil fuels; in particular, those firms that spread misinformation (FUD).

Is it a freedom of speech issue, or a consequences for actions issue?

Reactions: canoemore
Not exactly BREAKING NEWS, but perhaps worth a mention:

The administrative court in Frankfurt (Oder) has postponed the hearing of a lawsuit by environmentalists against a water permit that also affects the Tesla plant in Grünheide (Oder-Spree). The lawyer for the environmental associations fell ill with Corona and therefore asked for a postponement, the Frankfurt (Oder) administrative court said on Monday. An employee of the court was also ill. The process will be rescheduled as soon as possible. It was supposed to take place on Friday.

The rest: Gerichtsverhandlung über Tesla-Wasser muss wegen Corona-Fällen vertagt werden

Click-bait title by the German media site, unfortunately.

The court case has nothing to do direct with Tesla Grünheide / GigaBerlin as we've discussed here many times before, including the statement by minister Steinbach that water will not be an issue.

Last edited:
The big boys aren't gonna jump in and buy TSLA or QQQ hand over fist until all earnings are in and they can be sure they're not buying the next Netflix drop.

Some will want to see a more detailed Fed plan. It's not that they won't buy tech with Treasuries over a certain number, EVERYONE is counting on big tech for earnings growth this year, it's that they don't know how all their peers will react to rates. Doesn't matter if it's 5,6,7 hikes or even the amounts of the hikes, it's just important that we have a hair more certainty on them so the unimaginative idiots can know the other idiots now know.

Lots of actually decent coverage/interviews on CNBC this week. Was surprised to see helpful info in amongst all the fraud and libel.

I'm continuing with the thesis that fear has now been established (obviously), and the big boys now get to flood in at a reasonable share price. Nvidia caps the big tech earnings next Wednesday. Unclear when we'll get more detail from the Fed.

Was worried a bit about what covid case count figures would be this morning(from the weekend) for the macros, but they came in beautiful. New cases maintain straight downward curve.

Surprised we don't hear more about a potential pandemic end in the business news. I guess it's just viewer fatigue and not wanting to call it wrong yet again.

The "reopening trade" has been running since like last March, so not sure what this means for TSLA and others. Can't imagine oil & gas could go much higher!

Haven't seen @jhm around in a while and need some statistical support! I know he ran the numbers on when we'd see EV adoption actually have a meaningful impact on crude oil demand. Are we there yet?

I'm seeing these EV share of passenger vehicle stats that are blowing my mind.

2.5% in 2019
4.1% in 2020
8.57% in 2021 !

Surely this is already putting a tiny cap on demand rebound from the pandemic lows? I know these are just new cars and not the whole fleet, but at this rate 2022 is what.....15%? Lordy!
Especially oil demand in Norway, now that EV adoption there is the highest in the
world. Any Norwegian here that can enlighten us on that.