Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rinse and repeat.

Tesla dropped harder than anything else on the macro dip and doesn’t recover like everything else.
Then buy. What's the problem?

You've been very down in the dumps the last few days. If I didn't know any better I'd say the bastards have gotten into your head!

I need a little cash AND some additional cash margin to roll/widen my last few apocalypse BPS to May 20th. Gonna sell some more shares and buy 2024 $1200c & $1500c, use the residual cash for my short term needs.

I win.

If you have a theory why TSLA typically suffers worse pushdowns into close than similar stocks and why TSLA is typically weaker in afternoons compared to similar stocks, please share it. We're all here to learn. Thx. The pattern repeats much too often for this to just be chance, so there is a reason for it.

Thanks for the info. And I really enjoy your daily charts, so thanks for that too.

I wish I knew because then I'd be rich! I have no idea how or why the market does what it does on any given day. Based on the patterns I see (eg those charts), I don't think people are conspiring to manipulate TSLA on any given day (unless they are doing the same thing to every other similar stock). Sure the magnitude of the changes might be different, but when N different companies have the same basic graph on a given day, I think TSLA is getting swept up in an overall market movement, much like an individual bird in a flock that is moving as a whole. I don't know why TSLA moves more than others, I would assume due to supply and demand. When things are good everyone wants TSLA, and when things are bad, no one wants it. That sentiment seems to change multiple times a day for whatever reasons.

Reactions: StapleGun
I don't understand what he's asking. Does that make me dumb or smart?

No one understands him because he doesn't make sense. But then he isn't trying to, he's desperately trying to spin every little facet of Tesla negative as much as he can, and he often twists himself into serious contortions in order to do so. As long as you understand this about him it makes ignoring him extremely easy. He has an agenda and he does anything he can to stick to it, even if it isn't logical, factual, nor rational.

He's a clown, treat him as such. 😉

Did this get answered? Apologies if it did, some simple examples:
- you need to sell some shares to pay something, the share price is $900, you sell c900's for the coming expiry to lock in the sell price and gain the premium on top
- you wish to buy some $TSLA, but the current price ($907) is higher than you'd like, so you sell p900's for the coming expiry, you pocket the premium and the puts exercise, thus you get the shares at a lower cost price
- you're worried about macro volatility, but don't want to sell your $TSLA in case the fear is unfounded, to insure your investment, you buy June éé p900's, guaranteeing a sell price in case the markets crash

If I understand you correctly, you are predicting an imminent TSLA breakout to the upside?

/s

Reactions: UncaNed
No one understands him because he doesn't make sense. But then he isn't trying to, he's desperately trying to spin every little facet of Tesla negative as much as he can, and he often twists himself into serious contortions in order to do so. As long as you understand this about him it makes ignoring him extremely easy. He has an agenda and he does anything he can to stick to it, even if it isn't logical, factual, nor rational.

Maybe we should have a rule to not post clowns opinions here then? 😉

Maybe we should have a rule to not post clowns opinions here then? 😉
Yeah people can have a debate about current teslas valuation all they want but Gordon's price target is way below teslas book value. He realize that Tesla has almost 20 billion dollars of assets and 18 billion of cash on hand right? Even at 0% growth, Tesla is worth more than his PT. He is like clown the circus rejects for being too clownish.

As long as SP stays above 900, I sleep like a baby ;)

General TSLA Investor trait ...
When SP goes down - I blame PR Dept, EM, FUD and TSLAQ
When SP goes up - I pat my self on the back ;)

---

Market anxious about CPI (Consumer Price Index) (Thursday morning).
Global Warming causing muddy fields in Ukraine and might just prevent a war :) . Rasputitsa, literally “time without roads”

cheers!!

As long as SP stays above 900, I sleep like a baby ;)

General TSLA Investor trait ...
When SP goes down - I blame PR Dept, EM, FUD and TSLAQ
When SP goes up - I pat my self on the back ;)
I find it bizarre that there's so much acceptance and complacency over pretty clear shenanigans. And then even more bizarre that some here try and defend the ethics of the shenanigans. No one should sleep like a baby after the blatant manipulation the day after earnings.

I won't be in good mood until Tesla's forward p/e actually represents Tesla's actual earnings growth.....until then consider me a grumpy old man yelling at kids on the lawn ;)

To paraphrase an old saying, "he's a stupid person's idea of what a smart analyst sounds like"

I’ve been interested in this question too. Norway is way ahead of everyone in EV adoption - and gasoline consumption is falling nicely 😀

Below I’ve plotted Norway gasoline consumption over the past decade. The data are from a government website.

View attachment 766225

As EV adoption skyrockets, it won’t be long before more and more countries start to pass peak gasoline demand, even if their auto fleets are growing.

Yay ✌️
There is nothing but good news in the above material, but I think to be complete one must combine it with the analogous data for Small Vehicle Diesel Consumption, as I am pretty sure Norway's traditional fleet of non-commercial vehicles was skewed extremely heavily toward diesel, esp. compared to that of the US. I looked into the source material for this....and ran away.

Anyone want to take a stab?

I find it bizarre that there's so much acceptance and complacency over pretty clear shenanigans. And then even more bizarre that some here try and defend the ethics of the shenanigans. No one should sleep like a baby after the blatant manipulation the day after earnings.

I won't be in good mood until Tesla's forward p/e actually represents Tesla's actual earnings growth.....until then consider me a grumpy old man yelling at kids on the lawn ;)
What do you propose we do regarding the shenanigans?

If it seems there is nothing that can be done, then why give up your peace and hurt your quality of life over something you cannot change?

Should i tell my wife that the current SP is after they just did another 3:1 split so she stops hounding me on how dumb i am to keep buying at these levels?? 🧐 🧐 🧐 🧐
No. You're better buying at this price now than this price after a 3:1 split.

Tell your spouse the truth. If she calls you dumb, feel free to remind her of that in a year when the price is higher. Of course, you'll still be wrong for reasons, but that is life.

I feel like we're due for a pretty violent move one way or the other. Eerily flat/tight trading range this past week and a half. I would rather that we just resume our ride up that 2-year trend line...

Thursday morning's CPI reading could be the catalyst the market needs to decide one way or the other.

What do you propose we do regarding the shenanigans?

If it seems there is nothing that can be done, then why give up your peace and hurt your quality of life over something you cannot change?
Hmmm I never said it affects my peace of mind and like any sane person, investing should never affect your quality of life (unless you're actually betting your life savings on gambling.....cough I mean options)

But I'm sure as hell not going to be "ok" with it blatantly happening. Let me have my right to be a grumpy old man if I want to be (I'm just 37) ;)

Grumpy old man time - TSLA down 3X the QQQ's yesterday and barely above it today. Yay :rolleyes: