Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does get old

Quick breakout to (nearly) tag the Middle-BB, then smak down to yesterday's Close and 'fill the gap'. Never get's old, if yer a wedgie... :p

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-02-09.10-30.png

Cheers!

…the government stops constantly bailing them out
😕

At this point ~90% of the financial industry just adds costs and is dependent on perpetual government funds.
And here comes the pre-market walkdown by the hedgies . . .

QQQ up and stable, TSLA dropping to 935 . . .

I swear I hope these guys go bankrupt. What would it take to bankrupt Citadel and JPM? Asking for a friend.
Disintermediation.

There's lots of room inside the building. And 3 floors, too. I think the more interesting question is where will they put the outgoing logistics yard (if they plan to have one). If so, could be that new parking lot resurfacing working now ongoing in NE of the main structure.
"3 floors"?!
(skip to the 2 minute mark)

This is mentioned often, but I really don't think this is caused by some "gaming" by MM's. There's an opening cross auction event which occurs beginning 2 minutes before open. I believe that's why we see movement during that window.

Uh, yeah, they're 'gaming' the Opening Cross. Just because you can attach a separate label to an event doesn't change its nature, or motivation.

Jeesh....I forgot to add the {/sarcasm} tag to my post. Not to self: must remember next time.

I'm surprised a photo from some time in the '70s triggered a thumbs down. But them maybe I'm not surprised...

All things being equal: I do think an indoor test track would make most sense, as it helps to keep things secret (those recent drone shots of the Cybertruck....) and you can simulate test conditions artificially as you like. GigaTexas certainly looks big enough for that, however there is probably much better use of the space if this wasn't planned from the start.

The external "test tracks" we see these days I think are more like production quality control tracks - less test track for true development work.

Those of us in Austin probably can't help but note that the Gigafactory is only 9 miles from the Circuit of the Americas (Formula 1) racetrack. They are on the same side of town and have a major highway (SH 130) connecting them.

That said, I would highly doubt whether Tesla would get access to the track as consistently as they'd require for testing, since lots of events happen out there at COTA, but the idea sure sounds cool to me. Fun to think you could put the occasional Performance versions to the test out there...

Some poignant questions by CNBC

Transportation Sec. Pete Buttigieg weighs in on Tesla, EV infrastructure | (3:58)

Bonus CNBC video: (1 hr ago)

Tesla's Model Y gains ground in California, second-best selling car in state

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
I haven't kept up on GigaBerlin construction, but I swear someone mentioned seeing cars go to the on-site test track. So I thought they had one. (Probably small like what is at GigaShanghai.
They've got a temporary one in the parking lot in front of the entrance. Just some bumps and rattle bars.
If I remember correctly there's an official 'test track' in the permit plans. But it's much smaller than Fremont and closer to the Shanghai style.

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
It's way too small (about 10x smaller area than Giga Shanghai), and has the worst possible access to the Interstate highway. Transport trucks would have to drive the length of Giga Texas just to get to the highway on-ramp. I'd bet against that.
According to some of Elons tweets the factory is supposed to be extended by ~500ft on the south end. And it shows up in Phase 2 permit plans as well.
They'll find a temporary use until the final construction starts.

Reactions: Snerruc
So when can we call them something other than ‘Recalls’?

• Compliance Update
  • Functional Enhancement
  • Safety Concern Resolution
  • Making Stuff Better

And on a silly note, some wannabe owner/analyst at the Camarillo Center was speculating that ‘idle fees’ comprise ‘5-10% of Tesla’s profits’.

I don't like to port every Tesla Twitter post to this thread, figuring many posters here follow the biggest Tesla Twitter names anyways, but this seemed worth passing along. I'm not sure how good Trip's track record is on tracking this activity, but his firm should have some resources invested into monitoring that (for me) give his update a little more weight than your average Twitter analyst:

1644425856568.png

So when can we call them something other than ‘Recalls’?

• Compliance Update
  • Functional Enhancement
  • Safety Concern Resolution
  • Making Stuff Better

And on a silly note, some wannabe owner/analyst at the Camarillo Center was speculating that ‘idle fees’ comprise ‘5-10% of Tesla’s profits’.
An Upgrade is what I call it.

I don't like to port every Tesla Twitter post to this thread, figuring many posters here follow the biggest Tesla Twitter names anyways, but this seemed worth passing along. I'm not sure how good Trip's track record is on tracking this activity, but his firm should have some resources invested into monitoring that (for me) give his update a little more weight than your average Twitter analyst:

View attachment 766897

Very cool! Looking forward to waiting for Q1 earnings to come.
So what does 15% more Plaids do to the bottom line in Q1?

Some poignant questions by CNBC

I enjoy the benefits of a Union-negotiated retirement. It would indeed be hypocritical of me to criticize Unions.

That said, one of the fundamental tenets of unionism is build living wages and benefits. I would never ask a worker to accept reduced wages and benefits to join a union.

I enjoy the benefits of a Union-negotiated retirement. It would indeed be hypocritical of me to criticize Unions.

That said, one of the fundamental tenets of unionism is build living wages and benefits. I would never ask a worker to accept reduced wages and benefits to join a union.
Agreed, but I would suggest that any union who's leaders are continually jailed and prosecuted for corruption should be disbanded.