Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to friendly remind you that there is a world outside the USA.
Go ahead, ban it there, we here in Switzerland are very happy and welcome the training on much more difficult streets. And many other countries as well. And then, the USA doesn't want to be at the back of this revolution, so pressure will rise to allow it as well.

So in short: not going to happen.
To reiterate this, if you try to stop Tesla from winning this race it puts the US at a major disadvantage. What if China just opens their arms and then gets all the societal wins that come with FSD? So overall they have much faster GDP growth and then also get the jump start on the Optimus?

I dont put it past the US to cut off its nose to spite its face, but this has to be understood at some level.....

To reiterate this, if you try to stop Tesla from winning this race it puts the US at a major disadvantage. What if China just opens their arms and then gets all the societal wins that come with FSD? So overall they have much faster GDP growth and then also get the jump start on the Optimus?

I dont put it past the US to cut off its nose to spite its face, but this has to be understood at some level.....
US politicians don't care. They look out for themselves above all else. Just look at the tepid support for EVs and green energy in general.

I am seriously thinking Tesla should make a separate patch channel where you can accept or reject these “Recalls” which do nothing for safety but just make the driving and ownership experience a tiny bit worse.

The nature and pettiness of these is mind boggling.

Coming next (Sarcasm but wouldn’t be surprised):
  • Light Show is getting recalled because people might confuse the flashing lights for an emergency vehicle.
  • Rear hatch release from the cockpit disabled because you can’t see if it will knock over pedestrians.
I am not paranoid, but the sheer pettiness seriously makes me wonder about the nature and motivations behind this stuff.

Just the other day I used one of the goofy/ louder warning sounds because I knew I was driving up on a group of cyclists on a narrow road and wanted to give them a little more warning.

I am seriously thinking Tesla should make a separate patch channel where you can accept or reject these “Recalls” which do nothing for safety but just make the driving and ownership experience a tiny bit worse.

The nature and pettiness of these is mind boggling.

Coming next (Sarcasm but wouldn’t be surprised):
  • Light Show is getting recalled because people might confuse the flashing lights for an emergency vehicle.
  • Rear hatch release from the cockpit disabled because you can’t see if it will knock over pedestrians.
I am not paranoid, but the sheer pettiness seriously makes me wonder about the nature and motivations behind this stuff.

Just the other day I used one of the goofy/ louder warning sounds because I knew I was driving up on a group of cyclists on a narrow road and wanted to give them a little more warning.
If you want that, you need to remove your network module/functionality to prevent updates.
Tesla cannot release software updates with known recall-addressed issues.

Reactions: Ogre
It’s downright comical how the stock has hit 944 on the dot 3 days this week and the same exact reaction. Capping and any and all volume disappears. It’s so far beyond coincidental that it boggle the mind

Given the relative strength that has appeared at times the last few days, it does make me wonder if someone is building a stake.

Given the relative strength that has appeared at times the last few days, it does make me wonder if someone is building a stake.
You'll have to point out this "strength" you've seen over the past few days in TSLA because all I've seen is it underperforming the macros and the QQQ by a lot.

The strength today is just MM's unwinding all of the naking shorting they did all throughout the week to cap. Today's essentially a get out of jail free card for them.

More Beijing Design Centre rumors, today's from WSJ:

Isn't the consensus that Tesla has stopped work on more models for focus on FSD/GAI/BOT stuff?

personally I'd love to see a smaller model from Berlin for Europe, Shanghai for Asia and Austin ... well US people don't buy small cars right? :)

So which one is it - focus on SW or new Models - or both?

Isn't the consensus that Tesla has stopped work on more models for focus on FSD/GAI/BOT stuff?

personally I'd love to see a smaller model from Berlin for Europe, Shanghai for Asia and Austin ... well US people don't buy small cars right? :)

So which one is it - focus on SW or new Models - or both?

Personally, I don't trust WSJ reporting because I never know when they're pushing a paid false narrative, or just filling space with speculative stories. Either way, I discount their reporting unless confirmed independantly.

Seems to me though that a Berlin Design Centre would be pretty clear evidence of a compact Eurocar offering. I'll watch Telsa's HR website for job postings in Berlin. I don't expect a move until the local gov't uncorks their approvals process though. They have something to prove now. I hear Bratislava is nice this time of year...

Cheers!

You'll have to point out this "strength" you've seen over the past few days in TSLA because all I've seen is it underperforming the macros and the QQQ by a lot.

The strength today is just MM's unwinding all of the naking shorting they did all throughout the week to cap. Today's essentially a get out of jail free card for them.

Would take some time, since it was fleeting, but I recall periods of time over the last few trading days that TSLA has been outperforming macros. That includes this morning, by the way - when TSLA went green but QQQ never did, for instance.

The impression I got was they are stopping work on new production lines, but design work isn’t stopped.

For example we know they are still working on Cybertruck & Roadster design because we’ve seen Cybertruck work and Franz talked about working on both.

Overall, the product roadmap was quite muddled, sort of a Rorschach test for Tesla investors and bears.

The impression I got was they are stopping work on new production lines, but design work isn’t stopped.

For example we know they are still working on Cybertruck & Roadster design because we’ve seen Cybertruck work and Franz talked about working on both.

Overall, the product roadmap was quite muddled, sort of a Rorschach test for Tesla investors and bears.

Also at least marginally relevant to new product, they just lost the head of new product engineering to Ford

Would take some time, since it was fleeting, but I recall periods of time over the last few trading days that TSLA has been outperforming macros. That includes this morning, by the way - when TSLA went green but QQQ never did, for instance.
Yes pretty much every morning this week TSLA starts to break out but then immediately gets capped.......very easily I might add. It's like volume goes completely dry the moment the capping comes in. It's not a great sign, at least in the short term.

As @Papafox has pointed out, TSLA continually shows weakness in the afternoon hours. We're already seeing that today. Not even max pain being 935 is supporting. It's just overall very weak. And it's not helping that it's non-stop daily FUD. I was hoping last Friday was end to that pattern but then this week, the afternoon performance is even weaker. And volume continues to be anemic.

We really need something in the form of data to break TSLA specifically out of the rut. Giga Berlin is out as an option since it's clear the permit is going to take a few more weeks. Maybe Jan China number tomorrow or Monday, but it needs to be a substantial surprise. Like above 70k for loca/exports at minimum I think to really cause buying to come in. Otherwise, the 200 day is going to be magnet on the stock until Q1 P/D numbers.

OK
I read enough of these posts. I haven't seen any human make the association.
Elon publicly stated that the Model Y would beat the Corolla in total market in terms of financials. Seems like it is going that way...
Past tense actually. The Camry profit isn't even close to the Model Y profit per vehicle. It is only a matter of further economies of scale at this point.

Wow, not bad landing at number six just 12 years post IPO
annualized return towers over every other name on this list. But as much wealth as the electric vehicle maker has created in its relatively short life, it has done so with gut-wrenching volatility.

You can chalk up TSLA's astounding wealth creation and roller-coaster price performance to its mercurial CEO Elon Musk.

FUD term mercurial, Elon is the opposite of mercurial.