Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The PEAR can be reserved on the company’s website for $250. Fisker plans to make 250,000 PEAR vehicles a year, beginning in 2024 at a plant in Ohio.

🍐

Fisker PLANS lots of stuff.

They PLANNED to ship the eMotion 2 or 3 years ago.

They PLANNED to ship solid state batteries a couple years back too.

They PLANNED to have the Ocean start production in 2021.

None of those things actually got done of course.

The planning seems easier for them than the doing.

Fisker Begins Taking Orders for Its New EV. The PEAR Starts Below $30,000.​

The PEAR can be reserved on the company’s website for $250. Fisker plans to make 250,000 PEAR vehicles a year, beginning in 2024 at a plant in Ohio.

🍐

Is this one actually going to get made this time? Or is it another thing Fisker "plans" to do? 🤔

Reactions: mltv and FireMedic

Fisker Begins Taking Orders for Its New EV. The PEAR Starts Below $30,000.​

🍐
Tires, seats, and steering wheel extra.

Hmmm. You write, "I have no way at all of knowing what it should be worth."

I have a hard time understanding that sentiment and can only conclude you have yet to watch any of SMR or Rob Mauer's hundreds of YT videos; see "Solving the Money Problem" and "Tesla Daily Podcast."

May I please be blunt? You need to get smarter on TSLA and Tesla STAT as your lack of knowledge has likely cost you dearly, and will do so again, as you "sold some of my shares way back when . . . " .
I think he's doing OK...
20220215_135013.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: replicant and kbM3
He's not wrong tho, its always coming next year!
I bought our vacation/ retirement property 15 years ago. The plan was to start building a house on the property “Next Year”.

First year comes and goes and life happened, we visited the property, made a few little improvements, but no build.

Next year comes along and we try to get permits to do some basic stuff. Get stonewalled by the country, delayed, doesn’t happen.

The next year… the year after… more delays, life. 15 years of “We’ll build it next year”.

Problems with permitting and contracting… 2017 rolls along. We change tactics. Sell our main home, move into an RV on the property and **Finally** we start building. We live in that house now.

Sometimes, the only way to solve a problem is to radically change tactics. That’s what we did with our house build. Tesla did that about 18 months ago with the switch to vision only.

Next year might not actually happen next year. That doesn’t mean it will never happen.

Last edited:
To be fair after a lot of screwing around they have a FSD stack and its been in beta cars for over a year. Theres no other way to progress this other than lots of use and iterations on build, small steps forward.
Agreed. It's the typical style of Elon to set outrageous deadlines to pressure himself and the team to take on a problem (that's never been solved) at full speed, but then they accomplish it a while after the deadline (due to unforeseen issues) and TSLAQ has a field day. All the while they've accomplished something incredible in (still) a decent timeframe.

That is how landing Falcon 9 turned out and I'm quite confident it'll be a similar story with FSD.

It’s hard for me to believe that an honest and intelligent journalist, in the course of trying to investigate the company‘s ongoings and the bull and bear communities for perspective, doesn’t come around to be a fan (or shareholder) themselves. Seems like you‘d need to be biased toward one of many disrupted industries or just a pretty sad, aggrieved person not to.
I know right. Like somebody could just be a journalist.

Yeah, but Dodger would argue with him the whole time?

Hahaha, no. :p

What Elon really needs to do imo is to get his VISION in front of people's eyes. Most folks can not visualize exponential growth, simply because they haven't had a real world experience where they witnessed it happening. To make it real, first you need to see the plan.

So, to make the message (and Tesla's future growth trajectory) even in the realm of POSSILBILITY for most people (yes, including Wall St. Analysts), they need to see an EXAMPLE. Find one from history, and tell that story. Story-telling is a powerful technique for persuasion. It's how we Genus Homo evolved, by talking story around the campfire at night, while the wolves were kept at bay by the flames and our voices.

THEN, tell a new story using a parallel narrative for a new history, a tale about how Tesla grew battery production. Tell it from the future point of view, looking back and focusing on the reasons for the success story. Make it EPIC. Legendary.

It's so obvious, it now begs doing. How did humans conquer new regions and spread across the World? By building new villages at the edges of their old territory. More territory, more villages can be built at the same time. Whenever growth bumped up against a natural limit (ie: grasslands, boreal forest), humans invented new technology (agriculture, animal skin tents / herding). Then we spread the new tech to others, and our growth continued.

It's how we roll, it's how we've always done it. We're bumping up against new limits (climate, labor), so now we need to adapt, invent, and overcome. Just way faster this time! :D

Ceres!

Paging @DaveT

Last edited:
FSD hit piece on CNBC youtube. Random cuts from a "Tesla Fan shareholder" that did nothing but rant about FSD in rush hour NYC. The car even slammed on the brake for a pedestrian that ran across his car, but the driver said "it just slammed on the brake for no reason and there's a school bus behind me..Pete Buttigieg are you watching?."

Completely awful piece and this is why we can't have nice things.

FSD hit piece on CNBC youtube. Random cuts from a "Tesla Fan shareholder" that did nothing but rant about FSD in rush hour NYC. The car even slammed on the brake for a pedestrian that ran across his car, but the driver said "it just slammed on the brake for no reason and there's a school bus behind me..Pete Buttigieg are you watching?."

Completely awful piece and this is why we can't have nice things.

At this stage, irrelevant. Nobody watches CNBC anyway - if you want to influence, get an interview with Joe Rogan - I think it gets watched by 10 times more people :)