Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same people, same judgements, and still unwilling to take the simple step to separate themselves from the slight to their sensibilities because money, unfulfilled emotional needs and personal *cough* flaws. If only they could recognize their own flaws as swiftly and deeply as the flaws of others and actually go about doing something productive to correct them.

And no, for those dimwits about to assume I must thusly support everything tweeted, no I do not. The cat prefers to accept that which it can not control and continue to work toward reducing dog overpopulation.

Ironic. The need to comment on and infer reasoning for others peoples comments, yet they cannot comment on Elon's? If they do, they are somehow flawed in your eyes? Anyone who does so needs to self-correct? Do we see the world, as we are? What unfulfilled emotional needs do you have?
Unfortunate for who? You? Me? If he thought it a big enough personal problem, he’d change for himself.

Be careful what you wish for.
It is often mentioned how many followers Elon has. The term 'followers' should be enough to infer some things. But like it or not as some superhero said, "with great power comes great responsibility". Elon, just like the rest of us, probably sees some things in himself that he might want to change. Sometimes it is not so easy. As he deleted the post, I guess he did try to change it, no?
Every car Tesla sells displaces an ICE car at nearly a 1:1 ratio. My point here is simply that Elon and Team are not hopefully creating a better world - they are creating a better world. And for that we owe a huge shout-out to Elon and the crew he has assembled.

If you think the impact of the totality of Elon's actions is to have a negative impact on the world, you cannot call yourself an idealist if you continue to support him. You don't get to pick and choose a person's actions - every person is their own individual and you have to take the good with the bad. I'm sure Elon would disagree with things you say and do also. But he's not trying to enter your life and pick and choose the things he agrees with and those he doesn't. You have to decide whether you support the person and his mission judging by the totality of the facts.

We are all idealists at heart, we just have different ideals. I happen to support Elon's ideals over yours. Nobody is forcing you to own Tesla stock and buy Tesla products. Be your own individual but realize you don't get to pick and choose other's ideals.
So black and white. So dichotomous. Painted with inferred demeaning derogatory words in your posts like 'woke' and 'care bear' . Anyone who might take any bit of offence to his Hitler comparison, obviously has some type of ethical and moral superiority complex? Would you feel comfotable telling that to a Holocaust survivor? " hey no offence meant, do not be so sensitive! we are all our own people with our own ideals? Why so alert to injustices in society (definition of woke)? chill out, dude! " it is utterly ridiculous.

And...Elon is trying to enter people's lives in numerous ways. Twitter is the modern soapbox.

Last edited:
...To add perspective I suggest anybody seeking to disqualify Elon Musk might check biographies of Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein or many other outsized contributors to human advances. It might help to check W A Mozart, as well. With an tiny amount of insight we see that great accomplishments are almost (I say almost only because I am not positive it is actually 'all') never made by well-balanced socially adept people. That does not apply to only men. Marie Curie, Ada Lovelace and Rosalind Franklin come to mind. Without these flawed women we'd have waited longer to have understanding of things such as radioactivity, programming and DNA.

From ancient times great accomplishments-lishmenst have come from flawed people.
Now we have Elon Musk who stands in clear harmony with the great accomplishments of human history. Were he not serious flawed would he have had the ability to develop 'impossible' things?
Weekend homework.
To support point made by @jbcarioca watch Henry Ford - Documentary Film, part of American Experience - The Titans series, Youtube link provided.
watch

Last edited:
Da Penny Bandit ... picked up more pennies off the Choo Choo (CC) train ...

Sold 10-15 2024 calls at loss , and closed all (60+) march 2023 1600 CC's in one account.
... over 600K of profits overall that helped portfolio not feel the pinch

Need SP to shoot back above 900 and I will sell them again ... ( +will change strategy to play monthly's cc until big spike in SP occurs)

If SP dips further, will do the same in my other account.

still hard to sleep under 900 ;) cheers!!

3 day week end, hope war games over by next Tue when market opens.

+ the 1M 4680 news got me to do the same in my other account just now(Hope it is true). Same process, closed 40+ 1600 Mar 2023 CC ...another 300K+ profits with the CC's.

Last edited:
Hang onto your hats ladies & gentlemen, just about $10 more drop and we reach 200 day MA.
That means, gears will suddenly switch to reverse and we go up like a rocket -- prepare for whiplash!

I think people put too much into moving averages. Do they impact trading? Yes, a little. Do they rule price action? Of course not.

There is no need for the price to reach the 200 day moving average and, if it does, there is no reason it couldn't go lower. Normal volatility would ensure it reverses course somewhere near the 200 DMA, at least on a temporary basis, but nothing prevents the price from continuing lower over time.

This is only of interest to those looking to add more shares. I've added all I want at the $840 level and it would need to go to around $800 or a bit lower for me to add further to my position. What I can tell you is that the lower it goes, and the better Tesla continues to perform, the more potential appreciation the shares have. Obviously. For the first time in a long time, I can see the potential for an easy double in the share price in the next 12 months. And I like that!

Weekend homework.
To support point made by @jbcarioca watch Henry Ford - Documentary Film, Youtube link provided.
watch
I would hope that the majority of us already knew that Henry Ford was a deeply, deeply flawed human being. Using him as a comparison really isn't much more comforting to me than the comparison Elon made yesterday. Holding Einstein and Marie Curie up as examples of flawed personalities also doesn't seem appropriate.

This post is prima facie evidence that the nearly ten year history for @adiggs carries with it an unusually clear understanding of our world.
I nominate this post for Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit

To add perspective I suggest anybody seeking to disqualify Elon Musk might check biographies of Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein or many other outsized contributors to human advances. It might help to check W A Mozart, as well. With an tiny amount of insight we see that great accomplishments are almost (I say almost only because I am not positive it is actually 'all') never made by well-balanced socially adept people. That does not apply to only men. Marie Curie, Ada Lovelace and Rosalind Franklin come to mind. Without these flawed women we'd have waited longer to have understanding of things such as radioactivity, programming and DNA.

From ancient times great accomplishments-lishmenst have come from flawed people.
Now we have Elon Musk who stands in clear harmony with the great accomplishments of human history. Were he not serious flawed would he have had the ability to develop 'impossible' things?
The difference is that flaws are amplified with information traveling at the speed of light. Certain flaws were covered up by the greats from friends/family/PR. And even when flaws were leaked, it ends up becoming rumors at best, or discovered decades later.

Today people can elect to be their own PR. Some people are very good at hiding all their inner flaws having this perfect front for the world to see, others end up doing the opposite.

So it's not a matter of Elon having flaws..it's how he chooses to amplify them that rubs people the wrong way.

Ironic. The need to comment on and infer reasoning for others peoples comments, yet they cannot comment on Elon's? If they do, they are somehow flawed in your eyes? Anyone who does so needs to self-correct? Do we see the world, as we are? What unfulfilled emotional needs do you have?

It is often mentioned how many followers Elon has. The term 'followers' should be enough to infer some things. But like it or not as some superhero said, "with great power comes great responsibility". Elon, just like the rest of us, probably sees some things in himself that he might want to change. Sometimes it is not so easy. As he deleted the post, I guess he did try to change it, no?

So black and white. So dichotomous. Painted with inferred demeaning derogatory words in your posts like 'woke' and 'care bear' . Anyone who might take any bit of offence to his Hitler comparison, obviously has some type of ethical and moral superiority complex? Would you feel comfotable telling that to a Holocaust survivor? " hey no offence meant, do not be so sensitive! we are all our own people with our own ideals? Why so alert to injustices in society (definition of woke)? chill out, dude! " it is utterly ridiculous.

And...Elon is trying to enter people's lives in numerous ways. Twitter is the modern soapbox.
Just one question...Isn't an Ocelot just a really big cool forest cat?

• Funny
Reactions: Ocelot and SO16
This post is prima facie evidence that the nearly ten year history for @adiggs carries with it an unusually clear understanding of our world.
I nominate this post for Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit

To add perspective I suggest anybody seeking to disqualify Elon Musk might check biographies of Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein or many other outsized contributors to human advances. It might help to check W A Mozart, as well. With an tiny amount of insight we see that great accomplishments are almost (I say almost only because I am not positive it is actually 'all') never made by well-balanced socially adept people. That does not apply to only men. Marie Curie, Ada Lovelace and Rosalind Franklin come to mind. Without these flawed women we'd have waited longer to have understanding of things such as radioactivity, programming and DNA.

I am not sure anyone is trying to "disqualify" Elon Musk. I for one, think Elon has more social awareness than poeple give him credit for. I think it is more, he does what he wants to do, irregardless of possible impact. Before I get a lecture on Autism, (For those who want to know Asperger's is no longer an offical diagnosis) I have had the privledge of working with hundreds of people who ae neurodiverse over the last twenty plus years. Obviously, I accept Elon, and his vision on a lot of levels, but still think it is ok to call pople out on things when you feel they have crossed a line, despite their past and on-going great accomplishments.

I say the above with all due respect and thank you for your insightful posts.

Just to clarify, there is no indication that they were the source of the fire, simply that they were caught up in it and are now burning as well.
I read that to mean the "source" being the mechanism. As in the source could be bad software, poor construction or design. Improper maintenance (overcharged)....
But this was the first article I read that stated lithium ion batteries were burning. Most articles haven't even mentioned the vehicles were EV's.

Completely agree, this is the nth unforced error with his posting. We know that nobody can reign him in, no matter how indefensible his behavior on social media is. It continues to accumulate people with a very hostile attitude towards him (and in turn Tesla products) and the media is all too happy to cynically amplify the effect. There is zero upside for the company here and if we want TSLA to be a trillion+ dollar behemoth long term we need institutions and (small c) conservative investors to be a part of that, many of whom consider this company too risky with this unnecessary social media stuff. It's up to each of us as investors to decide for ourselves, but some members here have blinders on if they think this isn't an ongoing risk to factor in. IMO it can always get worse, or even a lot worse. We are in a different game than when this was a ~$50B company.

The same thing with keep on saying “FSD is here”, and failing to deliver. Not helping to build confidence in the company!