Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon being on the spectrum is definitely something not to forget.
1645215146246.png

Sounds a lot like religion.

Anyway, I’m sure 99% of investors don’t agree with you.
Posted to one of the least religious people on the planet. 🙄

Hey, I’ve got an idea. Let’s draw parallels with your religious lie and the one that’s be told for years in the media; it’s a cult stock, his followers are cult members, it’s the Cult Of Elon Musk.

I’m sure you realize that you’re attempt to discredit and minimize my position is both irrelevant and doesn’t make what I said any less true. Elon Musk is under no obligation to behave in any preconceived way simply because he’s the CEO of a publicly traded company or because you wish it to be so and hold some shares in said company. He is bound only by a certain set of laws and even then, he could choose to ignore those. If you feel he’s done so, then I’m quite sure there’s a lawsuit waiting for you to join.

The sooner people accept the truth of Elon Musk and what he must or must not do, the sooner people can stop getting upset every time he doesn’t behave how they want him to, or better still, they can divest themselves of all personal and monetary interest and be on about their merry way.

Regarding the settlement and payout, the agreement was not to distribute the $40m to all Tesla investors. The SEC agreement was for the $40m to be "distributed to harmed investors under a court-approved process."

Following is the sequence of events:

Musk’s Tweets Caused Market Chaos and Harmed Tesla Investors
75. Immediately prior to Musk’s August 7 statements via Twitter, Tesla’s stock was trading at $356.67. Musk’s first tweet about taking Tesla private set off a trading frenzy, and the trading volume and price of Tesla shares immediately spiked. Nasdaq subsequently halted Tesla trading for more than 90 minutes pending an official announcement from Tesla. At the end of August 7, after Musk’s tweets and the post on Tesla’s blog, the stock closed at $379.57, up 6.42% from just prior to the first tweet.

76. By the close of market trading on August 13, after Musk and Tesla disclosed more information about the details underlying Musk’s “funding secured” statement, Tesla’s stock price had declined to around pre-tweet trading levels. By the close of trading on August 27, the first trading day after Musk announced that he was abandoning his proposal to take Tesla private, Tesla’s stock had dropped to $319.44.

77. As a result of Musk’s false and misleading statements and material omissions, investors who purchased Tesla stock in the period after the false and misleading statements but before accurate information was made known to the market were harmed.

source: https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2018/comp-pr2018-219.pdf

Some of this money might even go to people who had short positions and were negatively affected, but I don't know about that. But it wouldn't be paying out to every shareholder, people need to prove they were harmed by the price action and that alone is a hugely-onerous process.

Well the fact that someone is able to put up 16 hours of his daily time regularly and constantly to accomplish some extraordinary work requires your personality to not depend on normal regular social interactions like the average human.

The unwritten rules of Twitter for Political figures, CEOs, MDs, employees of a public of private company and public persona:
1) Does the tweet bring value and interesting information to the people reading it?
2) Can angry people, haters, trolls or opponents use it against you or complain about it to someone, organization or professional order?
3) Would I have to fire my employee if he tweets what I am about to tweet?
4) If I will have to delete it because the answer to 1 is no or the answer to 2 and 3 is yes, then don’t write it.

Twitter is simple.
If you are 45, jobless and you are living in your parent’s basement, you can tweet whatever you want if it does not lead to hate, violence, terrorism, etc.
If you have responsibilities and people are following you, you better read your tweet 7 times before you press the tweet button. Because the unwritten rules will always hunt you down.
Clearly Elon doesn’t care what you think the unwritten Twitter rules are anymore than he cared about the starting a new car company unwritten rules and all the other unwritten rules he’s ignored.

Now that you know that a out him, plan your personal and monetary investments into him and his company accordingly.

It’s not like he’s suddenly become a different person. If you chose to ignore the neon flashing signs and every other tweet of infamy, you don’t even have the ‘I didn’t know’ leg to stand on. Unstable, evil billionaire it is then.

Reminder: The US stock market will be closed on Monday, Feb 21 for observation of Presidents' Day.

How could you say such a divisive thing? I'm offended you would bring up a day meant to celebrate slave-owners! You are setting back the mission by openly supporting racism! Don't you know there are some things you simply shouldn't say? ;)

/s

Rob Maurer covered this topic 2-3 days ago on Tesla Daily. One of his youtube commenters informed him its about 10:1 spodumen to Li-OH, so the contract provides enough Lithium for ~200K more cars per year. Unverified, but that's what was discussed. ;)

This is also a topic I'd expect Jordan Giesige to cover. Perhaps somebody could ask him on twitter?

The Limiting Factor (@LimitingThe) / Twitter

Cheers!

The key point made in the initial comment on Rob's video was that there was a lot of margin in processing raw ore into battery grade lithium.