Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA continuing its tradition of outperforming the market on a big macro down day only to greatly underperform the next day
People always preach "selling into strength" in the other thread. I assume MM's have this stitched into their DNA. And then there's all that cocaine....

The amount of raw materials required for Tesla to reach 3TWh/yr annual battery output is QUITE imaginable: it's the equivalent of 1 Great Pyramid of Cheops weight in finished battery cells per month. Here's the math:

Speaking of raw materials.... Australia's Core Lithium enters into supply deal with Tesla, shares jump

"March 2 (Reuters) - Australia's Core Lithium Ltd (CXO.AX) on Wednesday entered into an agreement with Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) to supply the U.S. electric car maker with lithium spodumene, sending its shares up 13% in early trading.......Tesla, the world's most valuable automaker, has signed similar deals with Australia's Liontown Resources (LTR.AX) and Syrah Resources (SYR.AX) over the past few months, as carmakers globally race to secure supplies of components used in making EVs"

MM stepping in? Just playing around with retails I guess

Yup, TLSA quick-march down to Max Pain (850). Surprise (not).

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-03-02.10-48.png

... while the NADSAQ-100 is green (+0.53) MMs manipulation: Capped at Mid-BB, wait for volume to dry up; walk SP down to Max Pain. It's an old story.

Mark my words.

Yup, TLSA quick-march down to Max Pain (850). Surprise (not).

View attachment 775728

... WHILE the NADSAQ-100 is green. MMs manipulation.

Mark my words.
This feels like a classic MMD to me. Macro QQQ heads south and the MMs algos recognize an opportunity to go for max pain. Little chance this holds IMO.

I would think we'll revisit the intraday high this afternoon. If I can ever get out of my bps trades from January, I wanna get back into trying monetize these dips buying calls and selling on recovery for +30%.

Noteworthy positive comments re Elon Musk/ Tesla vs POTUS SOTU on CNBC squawkbox this morning, and no backhand compliment - a first?

Encouraging you to click on that video ; D

It was such a great SOTU. We really do need more separation between the economy and governance of society with Musk and Biden leading the way to help spur that (re?-)separation.

Perhaps the idea is to allow for the transfer of talent before the big split. Do it in a few stages so it is less disruptive? This does seem like Ford is positioning themselves for the next century. Good on them.
Perhaps some of us need to remember that Ford accomplished the greatest feat in production history during WW 2 when the built a B 24 bomber every hour for years. Much of what is said of Ford now was true then. Also they changed car racing when they went to Le Mans in 1966. Company dna does exist.

whenever there is news from competition, Tesla goes down.
Today was Fords turn ... (nothing new, just that they are splitting the company so that they can do more financial gymnastics)

Everyone thinks it's a zero sum game .... but EM has always welcomed others to join the EV bandwagon ... cheers!!

Waiting on these ...
2 more days for March 4th GF Berlin water hearings
GF Berlin permits supposed to be this week
GF Austin MY on verge of getting delivered to customers ...

Perhaps some of us need to remember that Ford accomplished the greatest feat in production history during WW 2 when the built a B 24 bomber every hour for years. Much of what is said of Ford now was true then. Also they changed car racing when they went to Le Mans in 1966. Company dna does exist.
That's true, but people like to have it both ways. We can't claim that Ford has such a legacy of gas car expertise, and then also claim that they don't have the baggage associated with that legacy.

Noteworthy positive comments re Elon Musk/ Tesla vs POTUS SOTU on CNBC squawkbox this morning, and no backhand compliment - a first?

Encouraging you to click on that video ; D

Well, Becky and Andrew are in general some of the (few) journalists who don't trash Tesla. I remember a clip in which Becky (narrating from the prompter) stops while reading a hit piece FUD kind of sh** script and simply refuse to complete - and instead reflects on the story. I gained a ton of respect for her actually.

Edit: Can't find the clip. Maybe some of ya sweet fellows can.

We can only hope so!

Ford ICE division will be called "Ford Blue" and Ford EV division will be called "Ford Model E". I guess we now know why Ford wouldn't let Tesla call the Model 3 the Model E! :p

Still, Ford calling it that does ring eerily similar to Tesla's car model naming, more free Tesla advertising? 🤔
Ford hadn’t a clue of this when they wouldn’t part with “Model E” 4+ years ago. I suspect they used it now simply because Tesla wanted it, it MUST be a good choice for our EV division! It’s a far better name for a car model than a company division IMO since the word model implies model not division!

Last edited:

I have zero clue what Ross is talking about here. It makes little to no sense for Tesla to be reaching out about taking delivery of the Austin-made Y when the Y is sold out for the year.

This part especially makes no sense " It has the new AMD chip and they are marketing it as in house made tesla designed battery pack with the new cells. - they are claiming this is a substantial improvement! "

So either Ross is completely full of it or there is a new trim version of the Y coming that is only for Austin-made Y's. Because there's no way they could guarantee someone would be getting a Austin-Y verses a Fremont-Y since Austin has only just begun production.