Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if this is just by chance or not. I'd pick the remotest part of the parking lot to park when I go grocery shopping and when I get back I'd always get surrounded by cars while the rest of the lot is empty. What kind of tesla effect is this?

It happens with many makes, I experience this "Wolf Pack" often.

Yet, they continue to replay delivery hell each quarter end, which makes no sense to me. Trust me, I know from first-hand experience how bad it feels to the customers. I can imagine it is just as bad or worse for Tesla employees involved. Why don't they finally bite the bullet and take the hit in quarter-end optics for having a large number of vehicles in-transit and simply spread deliveries evenly ?
They are probably getting to that point. Once they have finished Model 3 expansion to Europe, China, and RHD markets, this will be a less important game because they will be making a fairly steady 7k a week. Especially when Shanghai GF starts producing Model 3s.

If I'm in her shoes, in a room full of Tesla shirts, I'm feeling pressure.

Dan

I guess that’s why you aren’t a judge. ;)

I’ve judged before (not in a courtroom, rather competitions). It can be hard to remain impartial and many fail to do so. This particular judge I believe will do a good job, regardless of Al yelling ‘Viva Las Vegas!’ at the top of his lungs.

It happens with many makes, I experience this "Wolf Pack" often.

It seems like I experience this in most cars. And, even if people do feel like they need to park in the same remote area, why can't they leave a space between vehicles? It happens in restaurants too. If my wife and I happen to arrive at a restaurant between meals and it's empty, the next group coming in has to sit beside us.

I know, I've had plenty of people gawk at the car before.

for me tho, this experience was different just because of how young the kids were. it was just pure innocent joy and astonishment at the same time. a totally different feel from when say an adult looks over at the car twice. kinda hard to put in to words actually, but it just felt more special with those kids.
At a river festival in Surgoingsvill (small nowhere town in rural TN). LOTs of kids exclaimed excitedly that a Tesla was there and pulled their parents over to explain. It was a very heart warming and encouraging day. None of the gas burners received such excitement.

True, but a separate issue is whether the BANKS are open on the weekend, or if any weekend transaction will be post-dated to the next business day, which is Mon Apr 1st.

Anyone?

I turned in a cashier's check immediately before I picked up my 3. When I purchased cars in the past, I'd sign the loan documents right before getting the keys to the car. So regardless of when the funds are actually transferred, the "payment" was recorded on the date of receipt of the car. So they should all count together.

Tesla themselves don't recognize a sale until all the paperwork is done and the keys handed over. So worries about whether or not the banks are open should have zero impact on Tesla's Q1 revenue recognition and should be stopped for the hand-wringing it is.

It seems like I experience this in most cars. And, even if people do feel like they need to park in the same remote area, why can't they leave a space between vehicles? It happens in restaurants too. If my wife and I happen to arrive at a restaurant between meals and it's empty, the next group coming in has to sit beside us.

4,000 years of modern civilization doesn't erase 20+ million years of evolutionary history as pack animals. :D

I guess that’s why you aren’t a judge. ;)

I’ve judged before (not in a courtroom, rather competitions). It can be hard to remain impartial and many fail to do so. This particular judge I believe will do a good job, regardless of Al yelling ‘Viva Las Vegas!’ at the top of his lungs.

I am doing heavy investigating into the judge's background...........Is she a dog or cat lover is the key question? ;)

MOD:
If anyone believes there is more that productively can be said regarding attendance at the 420 SDNY hearing, you are ....welcome....to deliver them to this Moderator, who assures all he is an impartial judge of same.
Failing that, you are....welcome....to consider AIMc's post #33024 as the Last Word.

Last Word
~~~Vetinari~~~

I wonder how the kids react today when they see a Lamborghini or a Ferrari?

The smarter ones will realise they can accelerate the development of sustainable transport by pointing to the tailpipes and openly mocking the vehicle. Take away the cool factor of owning expensive pollution machines and the money will instead flow to top end, high margin EVs.

So tip for the kids: Shrug. Say “pity it’s not electric”. Walk on.
Nice car. Except for the holes in the back. Where the poison comes out.

I wonder how the kids react today when they see a Lamborghini or a Ferrari?

The smarter ones will realise they can accelerate the development of sustainable transport by pointing to the tailpipes and openly mocking the vehicle. Take away the cool factor of owning expensive pollution machines and the money will instead flow to top end, high margin EVs.

So tip for the kids: Shrug. Say “pity it’s not electric”. Walk on.

I do that already and I'm in my mid 30s.

I triggered a Facebook friend and former co-worker by commenting "meh, still runs on gas" on a post about the new Toyota Supra.

ETrade just raised the margin requirement on TSLA from 35% to 55%! This is insane?! They must really be buying into the short FUD to feel a need to do this.

Some one please tell me if I have this wrong but changing to a 55% requirement would be because IT IS MORE risky to short thus a higher margen just in case the .../. SHORTS BURN....???

Looks like someone in the comments section has pointed out the fraud allegations against Anton Wrongman on his most recent article today:

How Audi's And Jaguar's EVs Outsold Tesla Model S And X In Europe - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha
Well the censors at Seeking Alfalfa didn't take long to delete those comments. Got 11 likes and even more views before it was deleted. I'm still surprised that they let him write articles there (okay, maybe I'm not, it's Seeking Alfalfa, after all).

Anton has spooled up his FUD machine into overdrive recently, with TSLA under pressure. If anybody has a twitter account, they should definitely spread the word and cc some of the influential Tesla folks. Here's the link of the fraud allegations:

Investors Win Victory Against UBS Warburg in Analyst Research Lawsuit

Speaking of EV vouchers, $90,000 for a Tesla semi is a pretty good deal with California’s zero emissions fleet rebate. HVIP
Anyone want to start a TMC fleet?
That's an astonishing program - for the fleet purchaser, at any rate. I looked further into the HVIP website - here is their list of approved vendors: Eligible Technologies | California HVIP and, frustratingly, Tesla is not (yet, I hope) on the list.

Back to mulling over the possibilities, the fine print shows each such vehicle purchased must stay in California for three years to maintain (ie, not give it back:eek:) the incentive*. Jenny does not, however, think that an obstacle, as at the rate that we work, it would take at least that long to get each Motorhome conversion created!

*It's not clear to me that a vehicle would be in violation were it ever to cross the state line at any time. That would appear to be a....ludicrous...restriction. We are, however, talking about California.

Reactions: neroden

In fact they get even closer to your car and it seems my car attracts them like a magnet, perhaps they do this intentionally:)

4,000 years of modern civilization doesn't erase 20+ million years of evolutionary history as pack animals. :D

Hey, us cat people take umbrage at that pack animal slur. Down with the canine hierarchy! :p

Attachments

• IMG_20180903_180911.jpg
    IMG_20180903_180911.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 45