Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah
on battery day 9/22/20 elon indicated 1 year to 18 months to start reaping benefits and three years for full benefits ... not sure where you are getting a year behind from ?

Elon Musk: (02:35:03)
I mean, 0.420%, of course. So what this enables us to do is achieve a new trajectory in the reduction of cell cost. And now to be clear, it will take us probably a year to 18 months to start realizing these advantages and to fully realize the advantages probably it’s about three years or thereabouts. So if we could do this instantly we would, but it just really bodes well for the future and means that the long-term scaling of Tesla and the sustainable energy products that we make will be massively increased. So, what tends to happen as companies get bigger is things tend to slow down, actually they’re going to speed up.
Ahh...because they initially planned for Berlin to be open last summer/early fall. That's my reasoning. When the Pandemic and supply chain events overtook everything they slow rolled opening Berlin by several quarters as they had no chips and Shanghai is rocking. But now that Berlin is slowly producing cars we see they still are not using 4680 and they are in fact hoarding them and no CT and no Semi. They are behind where we all hoped they'd be and they only cut the CT decision last fall or this winter? Can't remember, it was a bummer. Clearly they are having a slow start with it. Panasonic does not even plan to really be making til mid-late next year. My truck is a long long way off. 3 Years is going to be when Panasonic says it will just begin making deliveries, FYI. It took them a few years to get Reno actually running well. So that would be 2025/6. I'd say to really see the advantages it is going to be late 2024. This does not impact my belief in TSLA stock at all. Not in any way. Tesla is miles ahead of anyone else and really has the only decent new battery in the market. Expensive compared to a lifepo but so much better across nearly all criteria.

• Funny
Reactions: Drax7
@Papafox I hope you aren't predicting today... (Most of the Thursday's in this post should be replaced with Wednesday/)
No worries, change those 'Thursday's to 'Wednesday's and we are good.

I haven't slept well for the past couple nights because Iceman, my nearly 17 yr old Tesla dog, had just had an operation and HE wasn't sleeping well because he was suffering from a painful leg injury and arthritis that was preventing him from standing on all 4s. Fortunately, the operation was to extract fat for stem cells, which were activated and reinjected a couple days ago, and I now have a dog who can rise to his feet again. I gotta give my Tesla shares credit with making this operation no big deal financially for me. Took a great nap today and should get the day of the week right for this evening's post.

iceandme.JPG