Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The plan was to only cool these cells/packs from the top/bottom. Elon mentioned in one of the quarterly updates that 4680 production was nearly ready and they were just making sure it was absolutely safe. Then they're released with regular side cooling between cells. Pretty clear they gave up(for now) on trying to cool on the ends only. What other reason could there be than safety?
I can think of hundreds. These are not the issues its supply constraint dancing. You don't validate safety at the 11th hour.

What a great place to be. Read this from TD Ameritrade News, then dare tell me Tesla isn't perfectly positioned. Inflation is at or near peak some say, but take out Energy (and food) and inflation is possibly turning a corner. So.... Material costs leveling out, Energy rising - sweet!

"An especially large share of March's inflation traced to energy prices, which climbed 11% from a month earlier. Many investors and economists prefer an alternate gauge, known as core inflation, that strips out volatile food and energy costs. That metric rose 0.3% in March month over month, below economists' expectations and down from 0.5% in February."

This guy was the source of Russ Mitchell's recent hit piece.

Omar already uncovered that he was pushing TSLAQ -- I wouldn't be surprised to learn if his familiarity with twitter bots was actually because he was behind TSLAQ oriented bots as he was clearly a TSLAQ -- but that is just speculation but the guy is really looking like a fraud with an agenda.

Lmao...

ZqQ_a5l1_400x400.jpg

Reactions: space_s3x
Don't think this has been mentioned yet. New Giga Texas hiring page - Giga Texas | Tesla. Lots of varied opportunities there! Or you can just hold your stock instead, much easier and you can get away with being less exceptional. 😄
I'd add that part of Tesla's subsidy for Austin was to invest 10% of their incentive into the surrounding community. To that end they setup a pretty insane study/work program to get students into their advanced manufacturing program and then graduating transition directly into Austin plant. Austin CC is the place to go for good jobs now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this document has been shared. It has the test data submitted by Tesla to the EPA. I haven't had a chance to read it, but it might have information about the efficiency, weight, or cells of the new MY.

Hmm, the macros just really wanted to be red today huh.
Movement on the next inflation fear print tomorrow... and we have monthlies that have strong put action. Pressure should ease next week provided PPI comes in at or below expectation tomorrow. The market rose too quickly at the end of March and it needs to be roughly here on Thursday for the options market to be happy as a whole (up a touch to ~4450 for sp500 and ~13550 for Nasdaq). So if PPI is okay tomorrow, we likely end around those. numbers on Thursday. Which should allow the whole market to move up until a few days before the Fed meeting where the next round of fear will come in.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Seriously if the total quarantine of the city isnt knocking out Covid then what could. I have a hard time believing that cases wont drop like a rock soon enough. Sorta like how in the US we dropped from astronomical numbers right after New Years (like 800K per day) to manageable (50K per day) in a matter of weeks. With the way China does things they should know everyone that has it and I would expect the entire household isolated.
Great! @The Accountant, now get to work!

I'm not sure if this document has been shared. It has the test data submitted by Tesla to the EPA. I haven't had a chance to read it, but it might have information about the efficiency, weight, or cells of the new MY.

From the report
1649789303453.png

1649789546474.png

1649789483038.png

Edit: they did 4-5 of these tests it looks like with different recharge events and ranges each. Spanning from 253 miles to 411 miles.

Attachments

• 1649789536702.png
    1649789536702.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Very nice, reading now...

"The vehicle is also capable of accepting DC current up to 525A from an off‐board charger (Supercharger)" - PG.10

The plan was to only cool these cells/packs from the top/bottom. Elon mentioned in one of the quarterly updates that 4680 production was nearly ready and they were just making sure it was absolutely safe. Then they're released with regular side cooling between cells. Pretty clear they gave up(for now) on trying to cool on the ends only. What other reason could there be than safety?
Munro planned that…
(…Edit clarify - the bottom-only cooling…)

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre
This document was pretty much chopped up and dissected couple weeks back on gigafactory thread, then perhaps discussed a bit too much.

Do you have a link handy? I'm trying to see if we can figure out how large the SR battery pack is; maybe someone already has. The LR AWD had a Recharge Event Energy of 91.115 kWh. And the SR AWD had a Recharge Event Energy of 76.533 kWh. So if the charging efficiency is 90%, I would guess the SR has a 68.87 kWh pack and efficiency of 246 Wh/mi at the EPA range. Compared to 82 kWh and 258 Wh/mi for the LR AWD.