Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been thinking about 4680 scale up? Kato, Tx and Berlin - what about Shanghi & Nevada?

I know 2022 is chip constrained but what about 2023? Chips or batteries?
Elon said 2022 is chips, and then 2023 is batteries. Video of him talking about it at Berlin (7 minute timestamp it starts):

I was interested in how deliveries in Norway looked so far into this unusual quarter.

In April 6 German made TMY P has been registered - all blacks. And 59 Tesla cars in total. The number 59 is more or less as expected this early in the quarter. The lack of car shipments from Shanghai will not be visible in the stats until the middle of May.

You can have a look for yourself at Tesla Registration Stats

Elon intends to be on the earnings call today.
Screenshot_20220420-075419_Twitter.jpg

Q1 Earnings Call Caution

We should be prepared to hear uncertainty about Shanghai on this call which could get spun by the media the next day.
Elon & Zac may speak cautiously because no one knows for certain how quickly the entire supply chain gets back to normal. Even if they feel confident (like I do) that they will get things back on track soon, they may need to strike a more cautious tone.
If they reconfirm the 50%+ growth, then this should neutralize things.

If they print a strong number $2.60 or higher and reconfirm 50% growth - the stock moves up.
If they print a so so number (< $2.60) and stay silent on 50% growth - the stock may move down.

I'm interested to hear what they say about the full year projections if anything.

We all need to post this 15.9 cents per kilowatt hour meme to our social media sites immediately. Especially to respond to short sighted idiots complaining about the price of gas rising from supporting Ukraine.
Well it won't take long for EV-phobes to point out that 15.9 cents will get you 3 miles, whereas $4 and change will get you 30 miles. But even then cost per mile to drive EVs is much cheaper.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Anything going on with the Fremont factory (i.e. retooling)? While waiting on my Model Y (I spend an unhealthy amount of time in the Model Y delivery forum) it has been clear that VIN assignments have dropped off a cliff after EOQ rush, and most everyone today has had their EDD pushed out a month.
I placed an order for a maxed out non performance Y (with FSD) couple of weeks ago, and it was initially Oct - Jan delivery . I cant even see the EDD now.

I know we don't like the way Elon waffles on earnings calls, but I'm excited because this probably means an announcement. Last year at the annual meeting he said he wouldn't attend quarterly calls "unless there's something really important that I need to say."
I know this is not likely but I am hoping for more information on the stock split size. Maybe informing us on a 10:1 split.

I know this is not likely but I am hoping for more information on the stock split size. Maybe informing us on a 10:1 split.
I'll be happy knowing the date of the annual meeting ;) I've set my expectations low...anything else will be great and I'll have my drink in hand to toast to it.

Burry claiming competition is coming for Tesla just like it came for Netflix is moronic. Competition may have hurt Netflix, but not as much as people running out of stuff to watch thanks to being at home for almost 2 years. People aren't going to sell their Tesla and buy something else because they ran out of places to go.
"Competition"

2022-bmw-i7.jpg

On industrial robots:

If you had been paying attention to the videos of the Austin, Berlin and especially the Shanghai factories, you would have noticed that, yes, there are indeed Kuka robots there. There also are similar numbers of like-sized robots - a few more, a few fewer - from Fanuc and Leoni, plus many smaller ones whose names I have not determined or recognized.

To me, this demonstrates that, not surprisingly, each of those makers has particular strengths and niches, which in turn suggests that Tesla replacing them with a homegrown version would be a costly recipe of inefficiency.

Last edited: