Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Twitter is all about communications. It's something Elon doesn't really care about at the human level. Everything he talks about fixing is technical stuff....

This baseless claim has been posted before by someone else. Here is what I wrote before:

It's important for Tesla investors to understand that this is incorrect. SpaceX and Tesla have achieved unprecedented feats because of the corporate culture that Elon built at those corporations. Such culture-building is social engineering, also known as leadership.

Elon explained many of the principles of his social engineering in this interview:

So, are we done with the Twitter thing and can we get a normal - steadily moving up - trading days for TSLA now? Just a bit of hit in a couple of months because of some extra taxes Tesla has to pay due to Elon’s sell of the shares and forget about this OK?

I don't see that Tesla would have to pay any kinds of extra taxes on Elon's personal decision to sell some shares....

So, are we done with the Twitter thing and can we get a normal - steadily moving up - trading days for TSLA now? Just a bit of hit in a couple of months because of some extra taxes Tesla has to pay due to Elon’s sell of the shares and forget about this OK?
Tesla paid taxes due to the options exercised by Elon. In this situation I believe Elon sold his existing shares and this would not result in a tax event for tesla.

Elon sold ~3.6 M shares on Tuesday. Volume was ~45 M, or about 20 M shares above average. This drop was about 88% attributable to short/panic selling, and about 12% to Elon's sales.
I was worried at one point that Elon “bailed out” the shorts if it was him selling all these shares 3 days after their heavy short selling, following the earnings report…
Now that we see he only sold 3.6 mil on Tuesday, the vast over reaction must have been the naked shorts taking advantage and pilling on….
Now I just hope we get the announcement of the share split details soon, with an earlier date for the meeting … that should light the fire under these new shorts.

So it’s confirmed the shares I bought this week was from Elon himself. COOL!
Haha, well on average you could expect around 12 of every 100 shares u bought came from Elon. The other 88%? I don't wanna say in a family-friendly forum, but you might want to wash your hands. And check your vax updates. :p

the vast over reaction must have been the naked shorts taking advantage and pilling on….
Extra short-selling, including legalized naked-shorting via the Options Market Maker's exemption (courtesy of Burnie Madoff), and panic selling by weak-longs + day traders. Notice the near 1M shares traded After-hrs on Tuesday? That's some settling up already by MMs.

All-in-all, about 88% of extra volume was in this 'extra' category, or ~18M shares, +/-

Cheers!

Last edited:
This baseless claim has been posted before by someone else. Here is what I wrote before:
Exactly what part of what I wrote do you consider a "baseless claim"? Your assertion that Elon can lead engineers to accomplish great things means pretty much nothing as a refutation of my claim that Elon doesn't care about communication at a human level.

Elon generally leads by example. Hence sleeping on the factory floor while solving engineering problems day and night. He doesn't lead anybody to do stuff he can't do or doesn't like. In fact he's now concentrating on inventing robots to do stuff people don't like or want to do. And he's pushing to have as much communication as possible done through the Tesla app.

Elon's Asperger's pretty much means that communication is never going to be Elon's strong suit -- it requires empathy. That doesn't mean he can't be a great leader, but he has to work around his deficiencies. And Twitter will be a real challenge for him. I think he would be better off staying away from it for anything but relaxation and personal amusement. But it doesn't look like that's what's happening.

I think that's a real shame and will lead to much pain for all concerned. My interest in the matter is that it will take away from his time and attention to Tesla and SpaceX, a material loss to all of mankind.

Exactly what part of what I wrote do you consider a "baseless claim"? Your assertion that Elon can lead engineers to accomplish great things means pretty much nothing as a refutation of my claim that Elon doesn't care about communication at a human level....

Why don't you watch the video I just posted (one of several on the subject). He talks a lot about communication within his companies, an important subject that he clearly cares about.

Just woken up to the amazing news that Elon was in fact selling :cool: . Then read your comments 🤮 . You should all be ashamed of yourselves. This is a day to 🎉 like it is 2020.

Elon has done his Twitter business quickly. Last thing we needed was speculation that he would need to sell. I sold puts expiring today but you don't see me moaning.

Please don't apologise to me directly on this thread - cluttering is so cottage core. $1000 each to charitywater.org will suffice.

Exactly what part of what I wrote do you consider a "baseless claim"? Your assertion that Elon can lead engineers to accomplish great things means pretty much nothing as a refutation of my claim that Elon doesn't care about communication at a human level.

Elon generally leads by example. Hence sleeping on the factory floor while solving engineering problems day and night. He doesn't lead anybody to do stuff he can't do or doesn't like. In fact he's now concentrating on inventing robots to do stuff people don't like or want to do. And he's pushing to have as much communication as possible done through the Tesla app.

Elon's Asperger's pretty much means that communication is never going to be Elon's strong suit -- it requires empathy. That doesn't mean he can't be a great leader, but he has to work around his deficiencies. And Twitter will be a real challenge for him. I think he would be better off staying away from it for anything but relaxation and personal amusement. But it doesn't look like that's what's happening.

I think that's a real shame and will lead to much pain for all concerned. My interest in the matter is that it will take away from his time and attention to Tesla and SpaceX, a material loss to all of mankind.
(Answering in the TSLA stock thread because he did in fact sell TSLA to pay for Twitter); yes, Twitter will be a big challenge for him, but then, so was engineering 4680 batteries+manufacturing, Dojo, FSD, gigacasting, carbon-wrapped motor parts, flufferbot solutions, digging tunnels quickly+cheaply, brain implants, full-flow staged rocket engines, mass-production of spacecraft, etc. etc. etc. but he did it. Along with his team of talented staff at each of those companies.

I imagine he will be able to keep Twitter ticking over in the back of his mind and improve its feature-set via the team of talented engineers there. I don't think it's a waste of time. (perhaps because I read independent political news on Twitter every day and lament all the censorship & manipulation)

I'm not sure why you think Elon lacks empathy. That's an unfortunate stigma associated with Asperger's syndrome. Empathy motivated him to send Starlink terminals to Ukraine- what have you done to alleviate the suffering of the Ukranian people?

You don't get an apology from me; I have nothing to apologize for. I never said Elon wasn't selling or that he wouldn't sell, I said he has every right to sell if he wants. I don't have any sympathy for those losing money playing short-term options. They have no more right to make money than Elon has to sell his shares at market prices. Because they should know the short-term is full of risks that are not known until after the fact.

okay, but i'm pretty sure if Elon stepped in dog sh!t, you'd argue it was a) on purpose and b) a genius move.

It was only two days ago that I was threatened by moderation with a "420 week vacation" for expressing the unpopular opinion that Elon was selling shares. Since then a lot has changed it seems. Let the record show that I may not in fact be as "uninformed, lazy, unsophisticated, or some combination of all three" as I was thought of as. Perhaps in the future people in charge around here could consider being nicer to their users, and maybe in light of recent events it would be also nice if fellow members could all be nicer to each other. After all, we are all TSLA shareholders here and supposedly "on the same side". Thank you for listening.
I was unsure if the people "liking" this post were liking what you said or liking the moderator's comments. Your only "crime" was not specifically stating you were expressing your opinion in the original post, and I believe you later clarified you thought it was obvious you were expressing an opinion. I believe the moderator could have been much more civil when editing your initial post and you are owed an apology for the threat of a 420 week vacation. I apologize for not coming to your defense when I read the moderator's comments on your original post. I guess I was hoping you were wrong. Our "net worth" decreased more on Tuesday than it ever had before. I'm not sure how much of that was due to the manner in which Elon chose to sell, or how much was due to other forces. No, we didn't lose any money because we did not sell, but we do feel better when the value of our portfolio goes up! I'm adding you to my "follow" list, so you better be careful what you say!

I'm not sure why you think Elon lacks empathy. That's an unfortunate stigma associated with Asperger's syndrome. Empathy motivated him to send Starlink terminals to Ukraine- what have you done to alleviate the suffering of the Ukranian people?
And the $6 billion he was going to pony up for the worlds hungry was just Asperger speaking? no, not illegal, right..

But this> US Securities and Exchange Commissions only mission is to protect the investors in the US market, and what Elon Musk did was illegal, a CEO cannot give false information about his company that inflates its stock. The people that trusted him lose a lot of money. The SEC was obligated to intervene to protect those investors, and Elon Musk can be very happy that he only got such light slap to the wrist for illegal stock manipulation.
I wish he would stay in a bunker unless you like the drama..

Last edited: