Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Treat your kid right, put TSLA in their account and get them a rocket bunk bed.

large-707d92b6-757d-464a-9766-6f0274cb0f77.jpeg
Im holding out for the model that opens up and transports you to the top of the bunk bed without having to climb up those shelves!

Elon started his career in software. Twitter is software.
Twitter is human interaction, something Elon is not very good at, as he's proven repeatedly, often on Twitter.
I'd much rather he spend his software talents on improving Tesla products. He can start with phantom braking to make basic TACC at least as useful as dumb cruise control.

Just FYI, there is speculation that Tesla is working on different technologies for Cybertruck to enable production to scale and/or reach cost targets. Based on Texas gigafactory Cybertruck close examinations showing the new prototypes having wavy steel on a close inspection, people are speculating that Tesla will be cold rolling their own steel and/or have a different production process than how they made the initial prototypes.

I noticed you used plural "people". Have you seen others proposing this theory? I've been putting it out there ever since I saw the wavy body panels of the trucks at GigaRodeo but I didn't think my theory had been getting any traction. I would be curious if you've seen anyone else proposing the same thing or any other possible explanations on why the pre-production Cybertrucks regressed from flat panels to wavy panels.

I noticed you used plural "people". Have you seen others proposing this theory? I've been putting it out there ever since I saw the wavy body panels of the trucks at GigaRodeo but I didn't think my theory had been getting any traction. I would be curious if you've seen anyone else proposing the same thing or any other possible explanations on why the pre-production Cybertrucks regressed from flat panels to wavy panels.

I was also wondering if there was another source or just your conjecture from previous. It’s an interesting idea for sure and makes more sense than a series of brakes for production.

AI required to power Optimus for defined factory jobs will be much much much easier to implement than FSD. Robots are already widely deployed in factory‘warehouse settings after all, and as Nocturnal said above the safety margin is far more forgiving.

I assume Teslabot won't be available until its ROI has been proven in Gigafactories. Factory jobs can be simple yet still useful. For example, a bot could follow a person and carry parts, take notes while the person inspects a line, or even hold a flashlight. The bot could grab a lunch or a coffee, and double as a guard at night. You could ask a bot to go grab something while still working on a task. Unlike people who do best with a single job, bots can switch tasks constantly and make great work assistants.

The tasks may seem frivolous, but I can easily see saving 30 minutes a shift. At 3 shifts a day, and 365 days a year @$30 / hour, that would save $16k annually. Selling bots for $30k should be an easy, and for a lot more if they can perform even 25% of a FT person's tasks.

Me. I don't think Twitter is important nor do I think Elon has any special ability to make it into something significantly better than it already is and quite likely could make it worse. It's very much a waste of his time at best, he could better spend his time working on issues at Tesla.

I'll tell you what. I propose that you don't tell Elon which projects he undertakes in his spare time are a waste of his time, and he won't tell you how you should most productively spend your spare time and which projects you work on are most worthy of your spare time.

In this way, everyone can be an adult and allocate their own time in the manner they think most suitable. 😎

Twitter is human interaction, something Elon is not very good at, as he's proven repeatedly, often on Twitter.
I'd much rather he spend his software talents on improving Tesla products. He can start with phantom braking to make basic TACC at least as useful as dumb cruise control.
Disagree here - Twitter interactions will be the raw data for Dojo - and Elon is a fast learner, great at finding and hiring the best. I also believe most folk aren't looking at Twitter the right way. Since this would take us OT I've posted my thoughts on that other thread.

I was also wondering if there was another source or just your conjecture from previous. It’s an interesting idea for sure and makes more sense than a series of brakes for production.

I haven't heard anyone propose anything similar. But I don't do Twitter and other social media so I wouldn't know.

I actually had a vision in one of those dreams where you are part awake and part asleep (but mostly asleep) of this really long line of rollers shooting panels through it at high speed and realized it matched up perfectly with what I saw in the Cybertrucks displayed at the Gigarodeo.

When I was more awake, I realized it made perfect sense, at least with what I know about cold-rolling steel and forming metal as well as the economics of it.

Last edited:
...human interaction, something Elon is not very good at, as he's proven repeatedly...

Sorry, brother, this is a myth without foundation, along with "he has no empathy because he's on the Spectrum."

I have read or watched numerous accounts/videos of Elon's interactions with humans, including his employees, friends/family, strangers, and even rivals such as Bezos and Gates. IMO, he is extremely skilled at communication and managing people, which is partly how he has built trillion-dollar companies with hundreds of thousands of highly motivated workers.

I'm guessing you dislike some of his tweets (such as "pedo guy," for which he apologized). But I also suspect you are not an average human, fortunately for you. :)

Last edited:
It seems to me you are making a mistake by presumption. Just because, in the moment, a person on the spectrum may struggle with aspects of human interaction in no way diminishes their ability to analyze human interaction. These are completely different skill sets.

Analysis is his strong suit. Plus, he seems to interact well enough with those tasked with doing the work, else, what brought his successes seen so far?

I'd much rather he spend his talents on identifying big picture problems and offering potential ways of dealing with them. Then, delegate those ways to others to solve for (while maintaining a feedback loop). This way the value of his time is maximized by helping delegates only when they run out of ideas, or if they stray from the path he has imagined.

I'm sure you must be as creative and successful as Elon in as many, if not more disciplines, to be speaking with such authority about how he should be doing things. Congratulations on your successes.

Last edited:
Me. I don't think Twitter is important nor do I think Elon has any special ability to make it into something significantly better than it already is and quite likely could make it worse. It's very much a waste of his time at best, he could better spend his time working on issues at Tesla.

At a certain point don't you get tired of being wrong?

And he was promoted after that...absolutely zero that comes from them can be trusted without peer review.

An Ant is outside looking in when it comes to the New York Times.... FSD threatens an influential government mass transit system as well as the serious private institutions of transportation within the city. Money, unions, etc.
The Times is just doing business.

He has 90 million followers on Twitter; a platform which he uses extremely effectively to promote his brands.

That’s a weird example of not being good at something. How much publicity does someone like Jim Farley bring to his brands via his social media presence? Or Mary Barra?

His approach to communications is unorthodox, but demonstrably extremely effective.

I don’t know about that. I think you’ve bought the story that because of his Aspergers, he’s socially inept.

On the contrary, we’ve seen many examples of him interacting with people quite capably in interviews and on stage. People have described him as charming, attentive, charasmatic.

And lastly, he’s as self-aware as anyone and knows his shortcomings in this regard. He has learned and adapted quite well from my perspective.

A lot of the things ‘normal’ people post on Twitter and other social media are disgusting, hateful, or moronic drivel. Those people are far more socially challenged than Elon.

Everything is getting dumped. Amazon is down almost 8%. Rivian is down 10%… even Apple, which makes $300m in profit every day is down 4%.

TSLA intraday low was -9.9641% vs yesterday's Close.

Yes, that low SP was 35 cents above the trigger point for the -10% "uptick rule".

Jus' a coincidence. Nothing to see here, move along... :p

nothing-to-see-here-move-along.jpg

#SEC #UPTICK

just letting the thing coast ala PayPal
If that is “letting the thing coast” investors in other Musk originated enterprises might not mind that he leaves. From Xoom in particular few even have a vague notion of the profitability of international consumer/small company FX, even beating typical bank rates by 300 Basis points or more. That is just one, the quite entertaining thing about these businesses is that they are often almost invisible to non-users..

Elon had a long term vision for X.com that went to PayPal. After he lost, a decade later they resuscitated his vision. Step by step. Of course he no longer was there, but his influence was durable.

And so it can be for Tesla, SpaceX etc even if he personally leaves. It’s always been interesting that even his fans don’t understand how durable his influences can be.