Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

So using the data from this post, updating it with the March Sweden numbers from this post, you arrive at 17,213 deliveries in Europe thus far, with Germany, Switzerland, Spain, UK, Ireland, and "Other" March numbers outstanding. Table from above quoted thread duplicated below. In my opinion, even a conservative estimate for the outstanding countries should get us to 20,000 deliveries for Europe.

2019 Tesla Registrations in Europe (Previous years' data is available here: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)

Austria and Switserland are 4x-5x previous months. Hopefully similar numbers from Germany, and that would push Europe clearly above 20K.

Do you have March numbers for Switzerland? I see the numbers for Austria (5.2x Feb’s numbers), but not Switzerland.

Edit: I should have specified Model 3 numbers, rather than overall Tesla numbers. Model 3 is generally 90% of the total, but exact numbers would be nice.

Last edited:
If you treat workers fairly they are far less likely to unionize.

Treating them fairly means give them everything they want?

Being an employee and employer gives me real perspective on the BS that unions purportrate.

Given employment rates, the employee only needs to pass one low measure of performance:

“Be more worth than they are trouble.”

I wonder what the Venn diagram looks like between people who are pro union, anti union, and those who write checks from the same bank account that feeds their children.

Pro tip: Tesla would prefer it is not unionized. The fools that disagree with me forget the reason why they are here.

Last edited:
So using the data from this post, updating it with the March Sweden numbers from this post, you arrive at 17,213 deliveries in Europe thus far, with Germany, Switzerland, Spain, UK, Ireland, and "Other" March numbers outstanding. Table from above quoted thread duplicated below. In my opinion, even a conservative estimate for the outstanding countries should get us to 20,000 deliveries for Europe.

Can we build on this information to make an even more educated guess for total Q1 deliveries? Assuming conservative 20k to Europe, 25k US, 15k China, 3k Canada/Mexico/etc., for a total of 63k, is that a fair conservative delivery estimate?

OT :
Unions are not helpful to employers by definition.

Allocation of resources is a zero sum game.

However, this doesn’t mean all employers abuse their workers or hire toddlers in the present century.
Depends on the relative abundance or scarcity of workers/jobs. A large company will always be more powerful than an individual and thus the possibility for exploitation is always there. Unions are supposed to somewhat level the playing field. But, when there is scarcity of workers then companies will try to attract & retain workers by treating them well.

Ofcourse there are individuals within these companies who will have there own philosophy.

The challenge is for companies & unions to be flexible without being exploitative.

Reactions: Sudre and jerry33
<snip>
As much fun as we've had with the RIP Harambe prank, I sincerely hope the preapproval forms were tucked away before hand to properly establish the premeditated and documented intent that this was merely an April Fools prank. The joke would then be on the SEC for being so vain as to question it.
And there is Musk's next hit: "You're so vain, you probably think RIP Harambee is about you..."

What is the first actual serious Tesla competitor?
You seem to be cognitively incapable of wondering why so far there were no "serious Tesla competitor".

Most likely, you are under delusional thinking like "they can get on EV market any time they like". This is of course school-grade BS. No, they can't. If it was so easy, they would do it long ago.

Being an employee and employer gives me real perspective on the BS that unions purportrate.

Given employment rates, the employee only needs to pass one low measure of performance:

I wonder what the Venn diagram looks like between people who are pro union, anti union, and those who write checks from the same bank account that feeds their children.

Pro tip: Tesla would prefer it is not unionized. The fools that disagree with me forget the reason why they are here.
No, of course not. Like any other negotiation, it's a balancing act. I generally believe that newton's third law of motion applies to social/economic interactions. Abuse your workers and they may strike, unionize, steal etc. Get too greedy with your union *cough UAW cough* and your employer may go out of business or legislation may reduce your bargaining power.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sudre and humbaba

While Tesla is a US company with its production (still) being domestic, I would like to point out that some other countries ascribe their well-functioning societies to f.ex. the role the unions played in creating a stable labor market.

Crime rates, life expectancy (also for the rich) are typically better in such more egalitarian societies.

Interestingly, also social mobility is better in more egalitarian societies.

"If you want to live the American Dream, move to Denmark",
How economic inequality harms societies