Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

"meet Q2 expectations"

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

Press the accelerator all the way down, please.
Instant torque on the stock price, just need to keep producing across all Gigas.

Edit: Of course when they do operate fully without any negative events what will the shorts, the bears and the media shills have to gripe about?

We need a Gigafactory announcement sometime soon for 50% YOY a couple of years out to continue.

They're clearly on top of it. Indonesia. Brazil. I expect an announcement in early 4Q and hopefully a build out similar to Shanghai.

Taking over the world. Benevolently of course.

What do you know... TSLA below 750 again ... who would be pushing this interpretation of the Q2 results, perchance?

Friends, we're through the dreaded Q2 ER once the conference call is over. Optimism for Q3 and Q4 is important in the call. Focus shifts to Q3 and Q4 after the call. Looking forward to getting Q2 behind us at long last

At a loss, I presume?
BTC
Proceeds: 936
Holdings: 218
However, 218 is the low water mark from Q2 of 17,708. BTC is currently at 23,030 so that is $283M, if held today.
Adding together yeilds $1,219M which is a tad under the $1,261M previous holding value. However, they had also made a profit early on, so total impact of the Bitcoin experiment may yet be profitable.

BTC
Proceeds: 936
Holdings: 218
However, 218 is the low water mark from Q2 of 17,708. BTC is currently at 23,030 so that is $283M, if held today.
Adding together yeilds $1,219M which is a tad under the $1,261M previous holding value. However, they had also made a profit early on, so total impact of the Bitcoin experiment may yet be profitable.
It is entirely likely that Tesla selling bitcoin is a big part of WHY bitcoin bottomed out.

And conversely, why it is recovering now. Big sellers move markets.

Zach is a smart guy. While I agree with your post I also think we should be open to the possibility that Tesla sold some or all of it’s BTC. Reason could be as simple as “We expected BTC to be an inflation hedge…”

Shamelessly bumping my own post from May because I'm usually wrong :)