Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s what those revenue numbers look like adjusted for inflation:

+30% Tesla
+4% Google
+3% Microsoft
+1% S&P 500
0% Netflix
-2% Amazon
-7% Apple
-10% Facebook
Think of the job that inflation is doing on the US debt. Sounds like three or four trillion dollars up in smoke over the past couple of years. While hitting record tax collections.

Not that any of this was done purposely...

Steven goes into substantial detail about vertical integration, how it benefits Tesla, and how other OEMs will likely be bankrupted because of not groking this key method Tesla has mastered.

A wonderful synopsis of the myriad factors with examples of how and where other companies have dropped the ball, and why Tesla continues to shine.

Anyone who doesn't have a good understanding of the advantages that vertical integration provides would benefit from this video.

Last edited:
I think their fate is sealed either way so it is good for them. It will buy a few years. It's going to be fascinating to see just how long Toyota can remain in existence.

I will preface this by saying I have no idea about Toyota patent status related to PHEV transmissions.

It could be that Toyota gets patent revenue related to PHEV transmission tech Developed for the Prius.

PHEV service will help dealers also. The clock ticks however…

Rob Maurer with an excellent breakdown of the new Clean Car Rebates (notice I didn't say EV):

EDIT - basically PHEVs with battery packs as small as 7kWh can qualify for the full credit, as long as they are assembled in North America, and sufficient source the battery minerals from the USA or a "free trade" partner (scales up over time).

Yeah, Toyota is going to LOVE this bill.
Full credit for 7kWh hybrids is simply ridiculous. I think they missed a decimal point.

It should be 70kWh or more for full credit.

If 7kWh stays the threshold it will be essentially giving money to legacy ICE to stay in business.

Full credit for 7kWh hybrids is simply ridiculous. I think they missed a decimal point.

If 7kWh stays the threshold it will be essentially giving money to legacy ICE to stay in business.

Or simply can't have a fossil fuel burning engine in it. There is a place for shorter range commuter EVs with relatively small battery packs but 7kWh is ridiculous, especially considering it would be paired with an ICE.

Completely agree. This bill is nothing but greenwash, except for the solar/battery incentives.

All this does is incentivize traditional auto to sell a bunch of hybrids. What a bunch of 💩