Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to recall some studies in Europe where phevs were bought/leased as company cars for large numbers of employees at low prices due to incentives. The charging cords were found to be unused. On the other hand individual Volt owners in the us seemed to compete to use less gas. Confession after I bought my 2013 MS P85 we bought a Volt for my wife a a bridge to M3. She loved the Volt And GDtr is still driving it and plugging it in
Yup. Was so heavily in Germany.

If you get a company-car you pay every month your income-tax on 1% of the purchase price. For PHEVs this currently is 0.5%. No matter how you drive. For EVs this currently is 0.25%.

So the employee only pays half compared to the gas-guzzler that uses more fuel (because it is heavier with all the unused electrical motors, batteries etc.)...

But that one is high on the chopping block of the greens that are in power since november...

I seem to recall some studies in Europe where phevs were bought/leased as company cars for large numbers of employees at low prices due to incentives. The charging cords were found to be unused. On the other hand individual Volt owners in the us seemed to compete to use less gas. Confession after I bought my 2013 MS P85 we bought a Volt for my wife a a bridge to M3. She loved the Volt And GDtr is still driving it and plugging it in
Yes this was the case in the UK, where some company cars were found to have the charger in its original packaging never having been opened.

Not sure this is true. The average driver does approx 30miles per day, it's probably best for the mission to share the batteries among as many driver as possible to have the first 30 carbon free.

What you're missing is the average hybrid driver never plugs in their PHEV, they run it completely on gasoline. The EU has proved this with a recent study, and is even now moving to remove all incentives for PHEVs.

So unless you want to get into gasoline rationing and odometer checking, PHEVs are a boondoggle.

Since the shareholder's meeting is Thursday, I'm guessing the short squeeze continues into next week.

Then Friday the news cycle is dominated by "Tesla Shareholders vote to split stock" (even though that headline isn't accurate, it's what'll hit the news).

Lots of short term forces in our favor. Maybe we'll hit $1200 again before the split and back creating new ATHs by year end.

Since the shareholder's meeting is Thursday, I'm guessing the short squeeze continues into next week.

Then Friday the news cycle is dominated by "Tesla Shareholders vote to split stock" (even though that headline isn't accurate, it's what'll hit the news).

Lots of short term forces in our favor. Maybe we'll hit $1200 again before the split and back creating new ATHs by year end.
Meh,

I'll be happier when we hit $1200 after the split. 🤷‍♂️

The simulation demands to see 420.69 again.

I'm good with a 20% week, so $1069 by Friday, sound good, great, agreed, happy weekend!

Have you guys watched this? Just a goldmine of information, from brand loyalty, sale numbers, competition migration, how Tesla is destroying historical trends, and everything you need to know about this auto game. One gold nugget is that EV loyalty from luxury brand has gone down by 11%, meaning 11% of those who bought other EVs went to Tesla. 95% of household who bought a Tesla went back and bought another Tesla if they were to go for another car.

He brought in Taycan and EQS as examples of many people who owned the S went to them but not many came back, but did add the stipulation that it may be because of model refresh supply issue.

The guy from S&P has personal biases and have on occasion talks about Tesla quality issues and fatal accidents they need to correct. I had no idea people didn't die in other cars...

He also talks about how they model Tesla's marketshare going down to the 20%s, and that there will be an inflection point in which all of Tesla's fatal accidents and poor quality will catch up to them(his personal opinion). I believe these biases feed into why Tesla is not investment grade because most people has these biases.

Anyways, too much good hard data to summarize and every investor should watch this even though some of those personal bias things are hard to watch.

And so it begins:
1659133712954.png

Plug-in hybrids are the ISDN of cars. The Laserdiscs of cars. They're transitional. Worst of both worlds. They are the Mullet of EVs, except the party sucks and the business is a deserted mall.
I always compare hybrids to DLP TVs. They were old technology sort of big flatter screens until people could afford LED TVs which are now everywhere. They'll die out along with full ICE. Just need manufacturing to catch up to demand so people don't have to settle for crap.

Have you guys watched this? Just a goldmine of information, from brand loyalty, sale numbers, competition migration, how Tesla is destroying historical trends, and everything you need to know about this auto game. One gold nugget is that EV loyalty from luxury brand has gone down by 11%, meaning 11% of those who bought other EVs went to Tesla. 95% of household who bought a Tesla went back and bought another Tesla if they were to go for another car.

He brought in Taycan and EQS as examples of many people who owned the S went to them but not many came back, but did add the stipulation that it may be because of model refresh supply issue.

The guy from S&P has personal biases and have on occasion talks about Tesla quality issues and fatal accidents they need to correct. I had no idea people didn't die in other cars...

He also talks about how they model Tesla's marketshare going down to the 20%s, and that there will be an inflection point in which all of Tesla's fatal accidents and poor quality will catch up to them(his personal opinion). I believe these biases feed into why Tesla is not investment grade because most people has these biases.

Anyways, too much good hard data to summarize and every investor should watch this even though some of those personal bias things are hard to watch.

Don’t they know that the loyalty score also includes and reflects everything (including quality, accidents etc…).
The highest loyalty says it all, guys!