Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the split fast approaching; Is it worth rolling a couple options positions up to a strike price with a multiple of 3 shares?

Right now I have some 940s and some 1000s. Wondering if I should roll these to 1200s so they split evenly. Any thoughts on wether it’s more profitable to liquidate and get new LEAPs or if I should just hang onto these, or if it just doesn’t matter?

I’m sure I’m not the only one with LEAPs which won’t divide well. I like 1200 because it can weather a 3:1 and a 2:1 split later on.
If they go into the money, it really won't matter. The far out of the money ones, like say 1750... it'll hurt a bit for a while, but the market tends to pick up on these inefficiencies eventually.

Reactions: JimS and Ogre
Might be worth signing to see if it helps:

Started by Rob Maurer

View attachment 834284

PHEVs are the LEAST popular version of any hybrids even the 7500 dollar discount wouldn't change this. There's a reason why the volt was killed off. Rav 4 Prime which qualifies for the entire 7500 rebate today only accounts for 6% of all Rav 4 sales in the US today. So I think Rob maybe over-reacted a little here.

No matter what - short or long - we’re in this squeeze together ❤️

6431E043-DC30-40FC-B286-5D04ABD6BC7A.gif

That's what I was thinking too. I didn't think it would start until after next week, but I guess some shorts are covering now while the SP is lower than it's going to be over the next few weeks...
Events may have brought things forward a bit:

It may be that the fossil fuel, uh, folks chose to part ways with the Street on TSLA for the moment. If those folks want the "Inflation Reduction Act" (notably not naming climate or carbon in the title) to pass, then making TSLA pop on the announcement is good optics.

Legacy Auto is the pointy end of the spear for Big Oil and Ol’ King Coal not to mention Big Ag (ethanol). So PHEV’S, “Plus-ins Hardly Ever Voltated," kick the can of vehicle electrification down the road a little further (they hope).

So the “Masters of the Universe Kiddie Pool" of the Street get one in the teeth from their ostensible buddies.

• Helpful
Reactions: insaneoctane
They got burned today, so I think many have to cover right now. The 850, 860, 870 and 875 walls all getting broken and it starts to spiral into a gamma squeeze. We're not there... yet. But it is nearing. A quick move to 925 on Monday or Tuesday could kick one off. Though the more likely event is a slight pullback that relaxes the gamma.

If you're into selling calls, there is a nice premium on weeklies. Not quite what it was in Dec/Jan, but near what it was in March.

The 900 call wall was gigantic this AM at 17,298 calls. I'm sure a lot of those have rolled already or closed, but if we close above 900 the MMs will be extremely unhappy.

• Funny
Reactions: capster and ZsoZso
If we get over 900... there will be some shares undelivered....
Yeah really. I can't imagine MM's thought 900 was even remotely in play for today. I gotta figure they're going to naked short like crazy over the next 7 mins because no way they bought the appropriate number of shares to pay out all of those 900 Calls.

Edit: You can actually see it in the volume. Very large 200k sell blocks to try and prevent a further breakout above 900. At least MM's are having to spend a pretty penny to keep this in check

Edit 2: 4 straight huge sell blocks of 200k each to halt the rise and bring it back below 890 lol

Edit 3: Make that 5 straight

Last edited: