Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that AXPW has been delisted? Wow how much our dear friend, JP lose?
@Electroman

AXPWQ is still listed, or at least you can get a quote $0.005, with an avg vol of 55,000 !! (which doesn't seem to change)
(SA lets you keep a portfolio list they update, data may be a bit stale)

last time i looked a number of years back, i found ~$186?/share, with an exponential declining graph down to way below 1 cent, and i remember at least 3 reverse splits, 1:35 and 1:50 when i look, there seems to be incomplete data since I only find 2 splits
when you multiply those together is eyepopping 1:1,750.
(18,600 pennies for far less than 1 penny)

(Its always illuminating as an intellectual exercise in why you should HODL, (weep) to multiply todays stock price by number of splits)

TSLA 5:1 actual value ~$4,500/share
AAPL 224:1 actual value ~$39,000/share
AOL 128:1 long gone
CSCO 288:1 actual value ~$14,000/share
MSFT 288:1 actual value ~$84,000/share

IOM 3:1, 2:1 2:1 big oopsie, ouchie then reverse split 1:5, a combined 12:1 became 2.4:1
(Iomega was fun, watched in 'real time' it spike from $20 to $100 and sold as it passed ~$60 downwards at brokerage office, microseconds mattered)

My best hope is that what we see on AI Day or soon after is impressive enough for Wall Street and others to see some potential. I doubt the bot makes any profit for at least 5 years.
Nah... Wall Street will compare costs of the status quo human with the Robot capital up-front costs + learning time + energy + maintenance... to prove that humans are better, faster, cheaper. They'll be correct, at first. Until someday when we think of a Robot in terms of when it works off it's cost and it's labor becomes free. So Return on Investment becomes job dependent. Bigger brain, more batteries, more learning data to process, more accessories - it all better be worth the task assigned or it's like overpaying the Robot. So then classes of Robots? Oh boy...

I think AI Day is still about recruiting.

I seriously doubt Wall Street is going to understand a fraction of what happens at AI day. There will be all kinds of bizarro explainer articles that talk about how far ahead or behind Tesla “actually” is after the fact and they will largely miss the mark.

It’s possible there will be some FSD or HW4 news that gets Wall Street excited, but it’s way too early for investors to get super excited about Optimus as anything but a wildcard.
By potential I don’t mean excited, but no longer treating it as a joke. This applies to recruiting as well.

Reactions: Ogre
Nah... Wall Street will compare costs of the status quo human with the Robot capital up-front costs + learning time + energy + maintenance... to prove that humans are better, faster, cheaper. They'll be correct, at first. Until someday when we think of a Robot in terms of when it works off it's cost and it's labor becomes free. So Return on Investment becomes job dependent. Bigger brain, more batteries, more learning data to process, more accessories - it all better be worth the task assigned or it's like overpaying the Robot. So then classes of Robots? Oh boy...
My calculation of Tesla's costs for a Bot is as follows:

Production cost: $20,000.

Amortized over 5 years. Annual depreciation: $4,000.

Operational costs: $1/hour. (electricity, MX, degreaser 😀)

Average use: 12 hours/day. 50 weeks per year. 4,200 hours per year.

That results in an all-in cost of $1.95/hr.

There are 36,000 McDonalds restaurants in the world. If we put 1 bot in each and charged $12/hour for a fry cook, that's a profit of $42,000/year for each restaurant or $1.5 Billion total. Just for one position at one fast food franchise.

I think being a fry cook at McD's is far easier than being a chauffeur in Manhattan. Maybe 20X easier? Vector space worries, labeling, edge cases and kids dressed as orange cones on Halloween issues all go away.

Bot started as Plan B but is quickly becoming Plan A.

Last edited:
Surprised to find a relatively objective NYT article about Tesla, Autopilot, and data collection for safety. It even exhibits a collision that happened while a car was on Autopilot (with a neat scrolling visualization), but it's pretty clear that AP wasn't at fault:

Reactions: Nocturnal
a while back some folks were following FTD, "Failure to Deliver", so I parsed all TSLA going back to 2010 thru end of July 2022
I don;t know how to interpret but there was a 'house' that failed in there around end of June 2021 IF I remember correctly

the average which may be a bogus number (or incorrect) seems to run around 49,500/day in about 2,800 data points)

1660866621469.png

zoom in
1660866761452.png

graphing the last year, the left axis goes up to 800,000 shares, like 4 "pulses", 2 in sept and 2 in late november and a large "grouping" around mid-late december 2021 (again avg is 49,500 over 2,800 data points)

1660866912693.png

If you multiply the closing price of the day by number of shares FTD you get quite LARGE dollar amounts, especially in december 2021
1660867369770.png

if anyone wants to fiddle with those numbers I attached the excel file, hopefully the split will decrease synthetic shares

Attachments

• tsla_ftd.zip
    342.3 KB · Views: 30
Surprised to find a relatively objective NYT article about Tesla, Autopilot, and data collection for safety. It even exhibits a collision that happened while a car was on Autopilot (with a neat scrolling visualization), but it's pretty clear that AP wasn't at fault:

Was the other car running Green Hills Software? I hear it's sketch.

My calculation of Tesla's costs for a Bot is as follows:

Production cost: $20,000.

Amortized over 5 years. Annual depreciation: $4,000.

Operational costs: $1/hour. (electricity, MX, degreaser 😀)

Average use: 12 hours/day. 50 weeks per year. 4,200 hours per year.

That results in an all-in cost of $1.95/hr.

There are 36,000 McDonalds restaurants in the world. If we put 1 bot in each and charged $12/hour for a fry cook, that's a profit of $42,000/year for each restaurant or $1.5 Billion total. Just for one position at one fast food franchise.

I think being a fry cook at McD's is far easier than being a chauffeur in Manhattan. Maybe 20X easier? Vector space worries, labeling, edge cases and kids dressed as orange cones on Halloween issues all go away.

Bot started as Plan B but is quickly becoming Plan A.
@captkerosene
IF you want an obscure reference, We need a bot that can sling the drink "3 planets", thats perfetion

@Electroman

AXPWQ is still listed, or at least you can get a quote $0.005, with an avg vol of 55,000 !! (which doesn't seem to change)
(SA lets you keep a portfolio list they update, data may be a bit stale)

last time i looked a number of years back, i found ~$186?/share, with an exponential declining graph down to way below 1 cent, and i remember at least 3 reverse splits, 1:35 and 1:50 when i look, there seems to be incomplete data since I only find 2 splits
when you multiply those together is eyepopping 1:1,750.
(18,600 pennies for far less than 1 penny)

(Its always illuminating as an intellectual exercise in why you should HODL, (weep) to multiply todays stock price by number of splits)

TSLA 5:1 actual value ~$4,500/share
AAPL 224:1 actual value ~$39,000/share
AOL 128:1 long gone
CSCO 288:1 actual value ~$14,000/share
MSFT 288:1 actual value ~$84,000/share

IOM 3:1, 2:1 2:1 big oopsie, ouchie then reverse split 1:5, a combined 12:1 became 2.4:1
(Iomega was fun, watched in 'real time' it spike from $20 to $100 and sold as it passed ~$60 downwards at brokerage office, microseconds mattered)

Isn’t the Q at the end mean they are in bankruptcy now.

The irony of scums like Petersen who were predicting Tesla to go bankrupt while at the same time pumping Axion.

Reactions: JRP3 and MikeC