Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Near the end of his video, there was a disengagement while attempting to perform a forward-facing unprotected left, where it seems like the Tesla doesn't even perform a check for oncoming vehicles before attempting the left turn. I'm wondering if there used to be a specific case in the code for forward-facing unportected left turns that got removed, because Brandonee916 on Youtube ended up having his FSD Beta Tesla fail very similarly when attempting a forward-facing unprotected left turn as well. I'm hoping that this was a small bug that the internal FSD testers just missed - hopefully it is an easy fix on Tesla's side and they can issue a quick fix update relatively quickly.
That is a missleading summary of what happened. The oncoming car had paused to let the ego car go, but then changed mind at same time as the ego car took them up on said offer. This was a very sophisticated interaction, and is seen in several of Chucks turns, where the ego car does act on cars "letting him out". Humans would have behaved identically in this situation. This is discussed extensively on the comments for the referenced video.

I can't do d the post amongst all this ot nonsense, but someone mentioned bouncing off the upper BB as being likely. Ding! Only took like 2 minutes of trading for us to bounce off $309.

MM's can easily manage SP today I'd imagine. With everyone sitting on their hands ahead of the Fed tomorrow.

Tell you what I love seeing and what has me bullish. Everyone finally seems scared to death.

These run ups to Fed meetings in the past were a joke. Buying ahead of them, then a bit of a selloff after. Folks seem legit terrifiedvthis tine and are flocking to the 2yr treasuries.

That's very likely the kind of terror Powell has been hoping to induce.

Elon has now clarified, all over a safety score in USA and Canada.

Yep, so it's official @The Accountant was right and I was wrong.

Sounds like the beta is as open as it can possibly be now.

1663682092913.png

Last edited:
That's very likely the kind of terror Powell has been hoping to induce.
Agreed and even though it super sucks, we are stuck in this B horror movie flick where the antagonist is the silly 0.75 double before the end of year hike stalker. I'm betting a small amount of shares that we'll pop after P&D and then again after Q3 earnings, but this Powell macro cloud will most likely be raining on that parade.

I say we should vote to change the name of the thread to “FSD, Politics, Opinions and some investing stuff, but not too much.” 🙄

/s in case you didn’t notice it 😁
FSD talk can get out of hand but this it's one of largest potential catalysts and the #1 threat to the stock price.

Folks have been talking lately about the relative strength of TSLA compared to the major indices. Well its true: as of yesterday TSLA reached an all-time high for its weight in the S&P 500 Index (INX).

Yesterday's new all-time high was 2.513518% of the S&P 500. The previous high occurred on Nov 4, 2021 -- ring any bells? ;)

The daily AVG wt in the INX since added (Dec 21, 2020) is 1.8158% and its STD DEV is 0.3214% which makes yesterday's high +2.17 Std Dev above the mean (that Z-score is above 98.5% of the Normal Distribution).

The previous low occurred on Jun 03, 2021 at 1.23893% wt in the INX (Z-score -1.795)

The S&P 500's total market cap was approximately $40.15 trillion as of Jan. 31, 2022. See? We are winning (as more money shifts into TSLA and our bright green future) ;)

Cheers to the longs!

P.S. TSLA is now 5th in the pack for S&P 500 rankings. Next up the food-chain is AMZN at 3.37362% (just 25.5% above TSLA's wt), then showdogz GOOG/L and old dog MSFT, and the top dawg is AAPL at 7.125518% (where's a cat when you need one?)

Last edited:
Threat? You probably misspelled that and wanted to write “#1 catalyst”?

Threat, risk, vulnerability, call it what you want.

Remind yourself what happened at 10 pm on Sat, Apr 17, 2021 in Spring, TX last year when a drunk driver decided to take his 'definately 100% self-driving' car for a hoon down the block (and ended up in a tree).

No, not what happened to the driver or his victim friend passenger, to the SP. Remember what the County Constable said within hours of the accident? Remember then how many months it took to get the bloodwork back from the lab proving the driver was impaired? (yeah, it was Sep 2021). Do you remember when the NHTSB announced that there was a driver behind the wheel before the crash, and the car was NOT on autopilot? Yeah, that came out on Oct 21, 2021 (6 months later). Damage done.

Do you remember ever hearing an apology, or an admission of error, from that Constable? Or any retraction in the Media? I'm still waiting (for something which will never come).

So yes, 'threat' is an apt descriptor when this is our history given NO INVOLVMENT of FSD, only the INUENDO of a politically elected officer and the gleeful way in which the Press picked up the false story.

Mark my words. Or ask the cat.

Last edited:

Lol! So if Ford completed and sold more vehicles AND had less expenses, then their earnings would be fine. No *sugar* Sherlock! Excellent rationalization.

Threat? You probably misspelled that and wanted to write “#1 catalyst”?

The money printing machine is not stopping, even without FSD fully resolved.
Well yeah, of course there is a risk when a company is trying to build self driving vehicles. We shouldn't be blind to that. And I did say it was one of the biggest catalysts.

Agree for sure that the SP will do quite well even if autonomy never happens. If I didn't think that I'd be far less exposed to TSLA. (maybe 50% instead of 90%)

Reactions: Paul_SF

Lol! So if Ford completed and sold more vehicles AND had less expenses, then their earnings would be fine. No *sugar* Sherlock! Excellent rationalization.
We like to talk smack, and rightfully so, on the so called Wall Street professionals. But it sure looks today like they have a grasp of reality.

Shouldn't TSLA be tanking in sympathy with Ford on a red macro day? Surely Tesla has experienced a similar amount of unforseen expense?

Nope. TSLA just spiked and looks like it's about to power thru then test $1k pre-split any moment.

Is this for sure that the can recognize more deferred revenue because of this?
No. From what Zack said this isn't open enough for them to recognize the FSD revenue.

For one thing, some people even with a 80+ Safety Score still can't get the beta because they are on a newer firmware version. (I am on 2022.28.2, so even though I qualify they won't downgrade me to 2022.20.17.) Hopefully FSD Beta 10.69.3 will be at least on the 2022.28 branch, but that isn't supposed to get released until sometime next month.