Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1666145846393.png

This may or may not benefit us.....but worth taking a look into.

Yeah and that attitude is ****ing moronic.
So the problem Musk sees any social media platform is that

1. It caters to developer's political and social bias
2. It caters to the advertisement industry

He wants to make twitter more useful and then start a subscription base in which the people doing the tweeting is no longer chained to one bias vs another as it breaks away from the current ad base model.

Just imagine having a legitimate gun debate on FOX news if the NRA plus every gun maker didn't syphon them money everyday. So yes, there will be crazies as there are crazies everywhere. However with a platform paid for by individuals, it's more guaranteed that there's no bias censoring which creates echo chambers as these echo chambers can be monitized.

So far the wave is still on from giga shanghai. Little deliveries out of EU and China. China only hitting 1.4k deliveries the past week. Everything produced are all on ships this month. Like I said the unwinding the wave has nothing to do with shanghai.
Even though they’re trying to ease end of quarter logistics, it still makes sense to make the cars for distant destinations first, then shift to local production. I think this will continue—they just won’t care about rushing to get everything delivered by EOQ.

So, is Elon allowed to sell the day after earnings or does he have to wait for the following week?
I put the chance of Elon selling at less than 10% and him buying at 90%. If Elon needed more money, he would have sold prior to announcing that he will buy twitter for the initial offering price.

His second sale was an insurance against potential investors backing out. Seems like he's pretty confident that most of the initial investors didn't back out so he went ahead with the initial offer without selling any Tsla stock prior.

Those semis could easily be testers that Tesla built for its own logistical use. For example, to ship packs/drivetrains between Giga Nevada and Fremont.

We have a source that production semi #1 was completed today. Makes sense to be just in time for Elon to announce the news at the conference call.

What do we expect production rate for semi to be at EOY? I’m guessing 20-50 trucks a week? Total ballpark guess.

Assuming they won’t have a significant impact on company financials for quite awhile, unless production rate gets high.

I think Musk already answered this. Free speech to the extend as it allows it by LAW. So free speech is illegal in China, Elon will respect that.

His beef is with social media platform developers censoring and banning people as they see fit in countries where the law permits such speech. His absolutist = he will be sure to not ban anyone unless the law is broken, not based on political/social bias/social warrior justices/woke people getting offended/etc.
Twitter is blocked in China. The exposure should be minimal since China will continue to block Twitter.

I put the chance of Elon selling at less than 10% and him buying at 90%. If Elon needed more money, he would have sold prior to announcing that he will buy twitter for the initial offering price.

His second sale was an insurance against potential investors backing out. Seems like he's pretty confident that most of the initial investors didn't back out so he went ahead with the initial offer without selling any Tsla stock prior.
Agree. I think it’s most likely that Elon won’t need to sell any more TSLA. Hopefully he gets a little discount via the court battle? Either way, he probably ends up with more cash than he needs—hopefully it goes into TSLA and he announces that via…Twitter? ;)

I speak Chinese but I also speak Pezpunk. Let me translate: "laws I don't like BAD."
What law are you talking about exactly?

The first amendment isn’t a law, nor does it apply to participants on social media platforms (*waves to the mods*).

Maybe instead of taking Chinese you should have taken remedial civics.

Last edited:

The first amendment isn’t a law, nor does it apply to participants on social media platforms (*waves to the mods*).

Maybe instead of taking Chinese you should have taken remedial civics.
Anyways, do you have anything helpful to contribute in the investor thread? Ever since Musk is voting Republican you can't seem to get over it and just come here to bash him periodically. It's not really investing related to the business of Tesla.

The first amendment isn’t a law, nor does it apply to social media platforms. Maybe instead of taking Chinese you should have taken remedial civics.
There's a lot of funny stuff in this reply, but what's funniest is Singuy pointed out that "free speech is illegal in China..."

Which is the reply, that you replied to. Then I replied...to your reply.

You see how internet forums work?

Agree. I think it’s most likely that Elon won’t need to sell any more TSLA. Hopefully he gets a little discount via the court battle? Either way, he probably ends up with more cash than he needs—hopefully it goes into TSLA and he announces that via…Twitter? ;)
I don't know. I hope you guys are right.

But my recollection is the final offer was made after the lockup period started prior to end of Q3. So I think there is a chance that some equity investors pulled out (after all the negative information that has come out since the initial offer) but Elon hasn't been able to sell more. Several folks (I know Dave Lee was one) specifically asked him on Twitter whether he has to sell more shares or if he can confirm he is done selling, and he never responded to any of those queries. It could be that he doesn't want to say anything during the quiet period. But I don't discount the possibility that he still has more to sell.

I already expect numbers to be good. If guidance is good and they convince Wall Street there are no demand issues, stock price should spike. In addition to that, if he announces tomorrow that he has financing locked up and doesn't have to sell any more shares to fund the TWTR purchase, we could 🚀🚀 .

I don't know. I hope you guys are right.

But my recollection is the final offer was made after the lockup period started prior to end of Q3. So I think there is a chance that some equity investors pulled out (after all the negative information that has come out since the initial offer) but Elon hasn't been able to sell more. Several folks (I know Dave Lee was one) specifically asked him on Twitter whether he has to sell more shares or if he can confirm he is done selling, and he never responded to any of those queries. It could be that he doesn't want to say anything during the quiet period. But I don't discount the possibility that he still has more to sell.

I already expect numbers to be good. If guidance is good and they convince Wall Street there are no demand issues, stock price should spike. In addition to that, if he announces tomorrow that he has financing locked up and doesn't have to sell any more shares to fund the TWTR purchase, we could 🚀🚀 .
You don't make a final offer without all finances lined up. That's why Elon would have sold prior to the final offer and he knows him wanting to buy twitter for the original price will tank the stock(which it did, 1M shares were sold off the second that announcement came in...and it wasn't him who sold).