Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well...dealer lots are not jammed with vehicles so I don't know. I mean, I like the analysis and that's just what GM would do but today..not sure dealers are really carrying a bunch. Certainly not a lot of trucks or SUVs out there.
GM website says they have 12,358 dealerships worldwide. 110,000 vehicles / 12,358 is less than 9 vehicles per dealership. Not exactly stuffing the channel.

Interesting! Odd too since .ca is the domain for Canada, as in our federal government website being www.canada.ca.

At first I was excited because I thought I had discovered a confirmation of Giga Canada, but that "ca.tesla.com" had been registered since December 2021 at least, and I don't think they would have made a decision by then. That, and if they have TX, NV, and NY for Texas, Nevada, and New York respectively, the state code for California is CA.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
I feel like we see these lists every quarter and all the listed “bullish” items have sweet fudge all impact from a share price support perspective.

Remember how Q3 was going to be awesome because of record production & deliveries, AI day, stock split, AGM, etc etc…
Didn't say these were going to be SP rising days, although they should be, just said they were days to look forward to. Please don't put words into my posts, even if you are a Kiwi ;-)

Last edited:
Elon just hit 100m followers on Twitter.

90m to 100m in 55 days. Elon was probably unfollowed by several million during this period making it an uphill battle. Also, Elon hasn't tweeted for going on 6 days. Small possibility that Elon is making a point to the TWTR board that he could take his business to his own platform?

Second fastest milestone so not exactly slowing down.

Previous were:

90-100 in 55 (3 May to 27 Jun)
80-90 in 30 days (2 April 22 to 2 May 22) - Purchase of TWTR announcement
70-80 in 79 days (Jan 13th 22 to 2nd April 22)
60-70 in 116 days
50-60 in 170 days
Elon just hit 110m followers on Twitter.

100m to 110m in 120 days. Slowdown but still impressive growth.

Previous were:

100-110 in 120 (27 Jun to 25 Oct)
60-70 in 116 days
50-60 in 170 days

At first I was excited because I thought I had discovered a confirmation of Giga Canada, but that "ca.tesla.com" had been registered since December 2021 at least, and I don't think they would have made a decision by then. That, and if they have TX, NV, and NY for Texas, Nevada, and New York respectively, the state code for California is CA.
What about codes for Ontario and/or Quebec?

If I relate this to auto manufacturing in particular Toyota understood this initially when they came to dominance. That manufacturing is an infinite game. Toyotas vehicles hardly every dominated in features or ratings but they sold well because they were reliable, affordable, and repeatable via their manufacturing system. This resulting in the domestics getting their asses kicked. Toyota perfected ICE building and it lead to dominating the car market.

The old guard never understood the idea of being in an infinite game and never learned it. Now that Tesla has come along Toyota has shifted to playing a finite game and lost sight of the infinite game of outlasting your competition. I really cannot fathom how they messed up so badly on EV's as their brand was so chiefly intertwined with the Prius and efficiency.

Toyota messed up so badly because they assumed clean, green EV's could not be fast, powerful, sexy and exciting. They also assumed they cost too much to sell profitably. Their error was assuming things that were not true. That is not using the power of first principles thinking.

Well...dealer lots are not jammed with vehicles so I don't know. I mean, I like the analysis and that's just what GM would do but today..not sure dealers are really carrying a bunch. Certainly not a lot of trucks or SUVs out there.
Don't want to speak for @Mengy but I really don't think he was referring to packing the lots, more like packing the books. GM reported revenue of ~42 billion for the 3rd qtr '22 and if you multiply 110,000 vehicles by an avg price of $45,000, that's almost $5 billion they were able to add to revenue, more than half again their net income for the quarter. So those additional vehicles "delivered" to their dealers was the difference between profit and loss for the quarter.

Figures don't lie, but liers figure...

Toyota messed up so badly because they assumed clean, green EV's could not be fast, powerful, sexy and exciting.

To be fair, they'd stopped making even ICE vehicles that way a long time ago.

The joke that is the new BMW Supra for example (and that after 20+ years not making any non-Lexus that powered the correct pair of wheels, and even the Lexus ones mostly just getting heavier and slower over the years to no real benefit)

Didn't say these were going to be SP rising days, although they should be, just said they were days to look forward to. Please don't put words into my posts, even if you are a Kiwi ;-)
Didn’t mean to imply that, apologies. Just hard seeing these lists with items full of what SHOULD be good news for stock price, but then it gets obliterated by other factors anyway (Macro, Elon).

Elon just hit 110m followers on Twitter.

100m to 110m in 120 days. Slowdown but still impressive growth.

Previous were:

100-110 in 120 (27 Jun to 25 Oct)
60-70 in 116 days
50-60 in 170 days
But, but 20-40% are BOTS ;)

To be fair, they'd stopped making even ICE vehicles that way a long time ago.

The joke that is the new BMW Supra for example (and that after 20+ years not making any non-Lexus that powered the correct pair of wheels, and even the Lexus ones mostly just getting heavier and slower over the years to no real benefit)
20 years ago? As far as I’m concerned Toyotas for at least 40 years (with rare exceptions) have been insipid to drive.

What they have been is adequate, reliable and efficient.

Lexus have been a very nice ride on the top end and mid grade luxury interior elsewhere.

But this is why Tesla can crush Toyota. I think Tesla is close to being faster, better drivers, way way more efficient and more reliable for the same price.

That’s why we are seeing the Y catch the Rav4 and the 3 passing the Camry in some markets.

The big difference is that it is becoming more expensive to make an ICE vs battery and Tesla manufacturing technology becoming cheaper, or at least seeing cost inflation on a lower basis.

I think this is one of the reasons Elon says Telsa can grow market cap well past Apple. No one is close to matching their production costs and Tesla can see how to grow production 10x on an increasingly more cost efficient basis.

I definitely saw the link of the original Twitter thread posted here (where I discovered it),
but I thought it was useful to post directly the Reuter images.
Very helpful for laymen out there.
1666770897934.png

1666770914164.png
1666770939114.png

They should replicate in Europe and Asia as well.

Yeah, Giga Kropyvnytskyi (Kirovograd) or some such. Ukraine now has a once-in-a-century opportunity to rebuild its electrical grid. If they receive the proper support and advice, they'll rebuild based on distributed renewables with battery storage, and literally become the renewables powerhouse of Europe.

A new Megapack factory needs convenient logistics access to lithium mines in Eastern Ukraine, ie: Kirovograd (China and Australia already have business deals there for lithium), or the Donetsk region (in disputed area)

But don't underestimate the economic value of untapped mineral resources in Ukraine needed for the transition to EVs and renewables. Here is the conclusion to a conference paper presented in February 2022:

Naumenko, U., & Vasylenk, S. (2022). PROSPECTS OF DEVELOPMENT OF LITHIUM RESOURCE BASE IN UKRAINE. InterConf, 652-658.​

According to the proven reserves and prospected resources of lithium, Ukraine can be considered as the richest country in Europe. Ukraine can fully meet its own needs, as well as supply lithium raw materials to the Western European market. Shevchenkivske deposit of spodumene ores can be considered as the most attractive one in terms of current conditions and trends in global and Western European markets for lithium raw materials.

Futher, depending on what events occur at Zaporizhia NPP a large area could be rendered best used for solar farms (ala Fuku). In that case, they may also need Tesla 'bot to man the worksite (depending on background Sieverts). This is also something that Tesla can provide. The company is well-positioned to help rebuild Ukraine, and help position it to lead the way in the European energy transition over the next 50 years.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I definitely saw the link of the original Twitter thread posted here (where I discovered it),
but I thought it was useful to post directly the Reuter images.
Very helpful for laymen out there.
View attachment 867672
View attachment 867673View attachment 867674

There are several mistakes in this, some of which were pointed out in the Twitter thread.

For Tesla in particular battery capacity should be 6TWh (3 TWh is only internal cell manufacturing), The battery investment is wrong, no way are Tesla spending $400B of battery investment.

Also several companies missing, notably the Chinese, Korean and other Japanese companies.