Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Steamed all-dressed used to be my favorite birthday party food when I was a teenager and used to order a dozen of them just for myself.

Now that my wife turned vegan 5 years ago, she only buy some for the kids and look at me with big eyes if I eat hot dogs instead of her vegan recipes
Field Roast Stadium Dogs are really good vegan alternatives.

My apologies if this has already been posted but it deserves to be posted again:
20221108_183051.jpg

Steamed all-dressed used to be my favorite birthday party food when I was a teenager and used to order a dozen of them just for myself.

Now that my wife turned vegan 5 years ago, she only buy some for the kids and look at me with big eyes if I eat hot dogs instead of her vegan recipes

Had a GF in med school that was vegan. Tried it for a month, but dumped her the day I woke up in cold sweats dreaming of BBQ. 😂

Was what Elon said on the Q3 call noticeably different than on previous calls?

Yes, on other calls he was almost pessimistic and talking about how FSD was way underrated and how this was really a game changer.

Then on last call when he had to dumb shares soon after, he talked about stock buyback at some point, talked about how demand is not a problem and offered no explanation to the lowering of the price in China. The stock buyback was the red herring that he was going to sell.

View attachment 872741

We would be prudent to monitor the tweets coming from KoGuan Leo (3rd largest individual $TSLA shareholder; owns 23M shares).

Leo starting to feel like a bag holder while Elon is running away with some of what it is the bag. I think Leo made a pretty sizeable purchase lately. This Twitter deal will have destroyed some retail confidence for sure. TSLA being a retail favorite is testing whose retail has more diamond hand than Elon first in last out.

Unpopular opinion:

How is nobody talking about the timing of these sales? I know Elon is the last guy who cares about optics but man it sure feels like he knew the stock would pump during the Baron interview. Now we know why he took the redeye flight!

First time he sold right after the shareholder meeting after encouraging people to buy the dip
Second time he sells after saying Tesla could be bigger than Apple and Aramco combined.

I guess he had to sell but just don't do it when you have just come out of an interview where you eschewed the greatness of Tesla and potential market cap. Just call in sick for the Baron interview.

Just to be clear, I'm nobody to question his right to sell but come on man don't do it like this!

Biden.gif

Come on, he said SC would also NEVER be profit centers but raised some from $.20 to $.65! That's the Tesla owner rate hate to see 3rd party:)
If by SC you mean SuperChargers
We aim for 30% GM or ~10% profitability, all costs included
if you mean Service Centers:
We will try. Preferable for Tesla too, as they last so long. Unlike other makers of cars, our goal is *not* to profit from service. Best service is not needing service in the first place.