Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think so. If I recall correctly, for the first year Tesla will no doubt qualify for the full $7500. The year after, Tesla needs to meet the sourcing requirements for the full $7500 going forward (which I'm confident Tesla will be able to do).
The sourcing requirement starts as soon as the Treasury releases guidance. (Which has to be by 12/31/22.) So, Tesla will need to meet that in 2023 for $3,750 of the credit.

I really doubt they will drop the Performance Model 3 down to $55,000. Has it EVER been that low? I'm sure that come January 1 Tesla is going to pull an updated Model 3 dual motor out of their hat that meets the requirements of the IRA, or at least half of it, $3750.
Return of the mid range. Or based on whatever the model 2 specs are the elimination of the base model and having some in between option.

Are you sure about that? I could have sworn 2023 does not have the sourcing requirement, which begins starting 2024.
Yes, positive. A lot of people just mis-read it. (It doesn't mention 2023.)

(i) in the case of a vehicle placed in
service after the date on which the proposed
guidance described in paragraph (3)(B) is issued
by the Secretary and before January 1, 2024, 40
percent,

Last couple of months, CPCA officials have come out at the beginning of the month with Tesla Shanghai numbers. Not the exact numbers, they've just said Tesla wholesale numbers for so so month were above X number.

Sure would be nice if we could get one of those comments at some point before market opens tomorrow because MM's sure seem to have a good grasp on capping the stock today.

People forget water is heavy, about 1kg per liter.
In fact, a kilogram is based on the weight of water:

Yesterday I spent several quality hours with a Pick-Mattock and a McLeod bench-cutting trail and came back to see that pretty ticker in the afternoon.

So, I'm headed back out now to do some more, just in case that personal suffering may have been a factor in the lovely close.
Fractious, fiendish son-of-a......

The McLeod🤬, not you.

And in other news...poll results!

Let's see if the hive mind prevails!

Screenshot 2022-12-01 12.18.13 PM.png

I don't think so. If I recall correctly, for the first year Tesla will no doubt qualify for the full $7500. The year after, Tesla needs to meet the sourcing requirements for the full $7500 going forward (which I'm confident Tesla will be able to do).

Btw, this price cut has been anticipated by many others here including me. However, I do think Tesla will be announcing a price increase for the Model Y once the exact guidelines are revealed sometime this month. I think Tesla is just waiting on that before announcing a price hike (for just the Y)
I initially thought MY would see a price increase due to the IRA credit. Now, I'm really wondering if there's room to price it any higher than the current $65.9K base price? I realize that demand will ultimately dictate, but with Giga Austin ramping, it's hard for me to imagine that price going UP anymore with supply increasing rapidly...

I initially thought MY would see a price increase due to the IRA credit. Now, I'm really wondering if there's room to price it any higher than the current $65.9K base price? I realize that demand will ultimately dictate, but with Giga Austin ramping, it's hard for me to imagine that price going UP anymore with supply increasing rapidly...

The used market has been tumbling, so that was bound to exert pressure on the new market to lower.

We’re going through the exact same thing, cars I would have laughed at the prospect of a discount on 6 months ago I’m now gutting the front end on.