Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1669928458063.png

78.9M shares traded and end exactly even...no manipulation today :)

As a Scandinavian I don't necessarily have much love for Germans. But I do feel that Giga Berlin is getting a bum rap from many here.

I think the main reason is that almost all the flyover videos are shot on weekends and particular Sundays when despite most of us northern Europeans being heathens we are smart enough to not work most of the time. So they all look like no one is working.

There is a new video out by Tobias Lindh shot yesterday though and there is more activity than I think I've ever seen at any of the Giga factories, and I've watched them all. Time for the lazy Texans to step up.

And check out the crosstraffic around the 10 minute mark. I know the video is speed up but in most countries that would have been a disaster without traffic lights or traffic cops and resulting in accidents every day.

Last edited:
FYI, I'm going through a DIY solar project right now (after exhaustively talking with vendors, PG&E's stupidity, and Tesla straight up cancelling my solar install) and having your car as a backup energy battery IS A BIG DEAL. PERIOD.

Ford CEO surprised by F-150 Lightning backup power popularity. It's a game changer

I'm trying to buy LFP battery systems in China via Alibaba right now, and sizing them / determining future potential use is a pain.

Ah that's what I'm thinking of. Which I'm pretty confident Tesla is able to do for 2023. So I'm expecting the full $7500 credit to be in place for the Y (and whatever Model 3 Tesla can get below the ASP limit)

Remember as well that Battery production gives Tesla $. From what I have seen a 100kwh battery gets $4500. So for the Model 3 LR to be reduced the $2K to get to the threshold the battery production benefit makes this more than doable. What a Model 3 has like a 75kwh battery so that is a $3375 benefit for Tesla. So more than enough to cover the $2K reduction.

FYI, I'm going through a DIY solar project right now (after exhaustively talking with vendors, PG&E's stupidity, and Tesla straight up cancelling my solar install) and having your car as a backup energy battery IS A BIG DEAL. PERIOD.

Ford CEO surprised by F-150 Lightning backup power popularity. It's a game changer

I'm trying to buy LFP battery systems in China via Alibaba right now, and sizing them / determining future potential use is a pain.
Hmmmm. Brave. DIY Batteries systems off Alibaba? Warranty much?

I really doubt they will drop the Performance Model 3 down to $55,000. Has it EVER been that low? I'm sure that come January 1 Tesla is going to pull an updated Model 3 dual motor out of their hat that meets the requirements of the IRA, or at least half of it, $3750.

Performance Model 3 down to $55,000. Has it EVER been that low?

The P was that cheap in 2019. And the Off the Menu P- was $49,990

1a644cbf5091a8870ce59fc6269aa8a192ac84cddafec592df6a07e160119423.png

or Fredtrek if you want it explained with words

Semi delivery event stream:

I'm hoping Elon slips up and drops some explicit hints about new products.

Specifically "RoboTaxi and others".

I'm not expecting a product reveal or any specs, just a hint about he number of products in the pipeline.

With the delays to the Semi, Cybertruck and Roadster, I think many have formed a false impression of Tesla's likely future product cadence.

When these new products are revealed and how many of them there are, is a factor that might move the stock price.

Many seem to assume Tesla is just doing Model S/X/3/Y for the next few years.
With new products revealed, and the Cybertruck and Semi shipping, that is a new landscape.