Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prediction of Tesla stock price is fool’s errand. I should know better. Hard to break old habits. Will continue to work on it
If Tesla bottoms at $150, and it’s a big if, then we will likely set up for an awesome rally. Keeping fingers crossed
It’s hard to see a scenario where shorts don’t pay
QQQ below 50 day MA. Macros probably headed lower for a while. Don’t know if TSLA can buck the entire trend….

You make less than 150k?
+ you'll owe tax by the end of the year
+ you'll wait until next tax season to actually reap the rewards
+ we're not sure which vehicles exactly will get which credits
+ we're not sure what will get $3,750 vs $7,500

The current $3,750 credit directly from Tesla is far better than the 2023 tax credit prospects

+ we're not sure which vehicles exactly will get which credits
+ we're not sure what will get $3,750 vs $7,500

The current $3,750 credit directly from Tesla is far better than the 2023 tax credit prospects
Also assumes no price increases triggered by more demand due to subsidy.

Prediction of Tesla stock price is fool’s errand. I should know better. Hard to break old habits. Will continue to work on it
If Tesla bottoms at $150, and it’s a big if, then we will likely set up for an awesome rally. Keeping fingers crossed
It’s hard to see a scenario where shorts don’t pay
I'm guessing some though are aware of the daily gyration of TSLA from mid morning to close, and on mondays and fridays. I wonder if this is unique to TSLA or this pattern is common to all equities. Since only follow tsla closely not sure of others.

Has no relevance. It doesn't matter if you owe tax at the end of the year or not. (Only your total tax liability for the year matters.)

Nope. You can adjust your withholdings to start "reaping the rewards" at any time during the year. (Or if you don't have a job and live off of capital gains, you can reduce your estimated tax payments.)

Just saw an ad for GM energy with a mega pack concept…. Competition is ahead in ads;)
An ad for a concept? Yikes, how does Tesla keep managing to get their competitors to pay for ads that help Tesla?

”Simulated product shown” 😂

1D756124-B7C4-453E-A2E1-2174E577AA57.jpeg

An ad for a concept? Yikes, how does Tesla keep managing to get their competitors to pay for ads that help Tesla?

View attachment 886763

Further evidence the legacy OEMs know just how far behind they are.

A First Principles thinking approach would be to put that Ad budget into R&D and building infrastructure to actually create the product.

Using No Principles thinking, they figure if they spend enough on ads now that they will get bailed out later to fund the R&D and production line.

View attachment 886763
had this thought - maybe set up for more IRA monies ;)

Apply for IRA with proof that you have a business - say you have the ads but not the product(yet) ;)

+btw, I would have expected GE to be in the energy business, not GM. Shows how batteries and battery knowhow is disrupting status-co

Last edited:
Further evidence the legacy OEMs know just how far behind they are.

A First Principles thinking approach would be to put that Ad budget into R&D and building infrastructure to actually create the product.

Using No Principles thinking, they figure if they spend enough on ads now that they will get bailed out later to fund the R&D and production line.
Selling the stock and the brand image of GM being like Tesla. Just have to keep tricking analysts for a couple more years.

They’ve put themselves in a position where they can undercut the competition and as production margins narrow work on innovations to bring them back up while still choking the rest out.
I am really curious what they do with SR and LR Model 3. With the lack of online ordering on the current LR model 3 I am pretty sure they have something planned, just don't know what. If they price right and have the incentive for the non-performance model 3 I think they will sell like crazy.