Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: navguy12
If you actually watched the video, you'd know that he bought Tesla bonds instead of the stock, as a safer level of investment. Still invested in Tesla.

oh really? perhaps you are just shooting from the hip?

He pumped and pumped, made the circus ride on TV, then sold.

The youtube video posted and discussed uses a brief video and more audio, from an OLD interview, one I saw, and likely others here saw also. The description of the video is all about crypto, not tesla, and tries to tie in interest in TSLA to crypto, years after the TSLA comments were made.

The poster of the video is suspect in my judgement.

For your Sunday morning viewing enjoyment, from the ongoing train wreck that is the Mach-E forum discussion of the Tesla price cuts...

Someone named Phil on the Mach-E forum has some good advice about Tesla's recent price adjustments and production schedule. Maybe he should throw his hat in the ring as a possible CEO candidate?

View attachment 896021

He hasn't been following the master plan as closely as some of us have it appears:

View attachment 896022

Thanks for this. Had to go over and read a few pages from that thread, put a gigantic smile on my face. NOT because I hate Ford, but because one way or another (Ford drops prices, or they don't), the mission to accelerate EV adoption just took a large step forward.

I think todays market action is really positive. I was expecting the price to drop ten percent today and then my pessimistic mind figured we'd drop another ten percent when they lower prices here in the US. Today's reaction tells me we're probably very close to an absolute bottom.

Knocking on wood for smooth CyberTruck launch.
I'm bumping this post to restate my opinion that the bottom is in. These massive price cuts could have triggered another selloff but they didn't. For new, sustained lows, I think macros have to get really ugly or something has to go really bad for Tesla.

TESLA DECLARED OPEN WAR on every other car manuf this week. That's only starting to sink in to most people, but I'm sure the auto execs crapped their pants as soon as they heard of the massive price drops.

Valley of (auto) death, here we come! Buckle up!
I would say Tesla declared war when they stated 50% growth annually this decade. They declared war with GigaShanghai, GigaBerlin and GigaAustin. The price cuts don’t change the plan at all. They just became necessary. The production increases are what will displace competitor’s vehicles.

Maybe other auto companies doubted the insane growth and the price cuts now make it real to them, but had Tesla not needed the price cuts, the same damage would have been done, because the same amount of their sales would have been displaced. That’s because Tesla was already maxing out production growth.

oh really? perhaps you are just shooting from the hip?

He pumped and pumped, made the circus ride on TV, then sold.

The youtube video posted and discussed uses a brief video and more audio, from an OLD interview, one I saw, and likely others here saw also. The description of the video is all about crypto, not tesla, and tries to tie in interest in TSLA to crypto, years after the TSLA comments were made.

The poster of the video is suspect in my judgement.
I have a hard time taking the context as you describe above. It seems pretty clear he's talking about Tesla. He's saying he expects it to double or triple and doesn't have a better place for his money. The next clip he's clearly acknowledging he sold TSLA in the following months.

Never the less, even if there's context I'm missing. I decided he was untrustworthy years ago when I heard him rattle off a list of "amazing" leaders. He named off a bunch of people I'd never heard of but slipped in Elon Musk. It's easy to know a person's true character if you see them in a high stress situation, otherwise you need to be able to spot subtle tipoffs.

I went with FranklinWH batteries for my home after trying to get PowerWalls for 3 years. The system is working well and from my analysis the are a small step ahead of Tesla in every metric. AND I can get them.
How much did you pay end up paying ? This review says Franklin is more expensive than Tesla.

1673804935213.png

Almost totally true, all except the part about the preferred payback on buying Tesla bonds. Only option now days is to buy the stock.

Since TSLA has almost 0 debt I'm assuming the stuff Chamath bought back in the day has been paid off and he isn't holding any Tesla bonds now.
These were convertible bonds. I am not aware of these being available to the general publi.

Reactions: saniflash
I don't think that person understands Tesla's mission very well....but I'm sure they are enjoying their Mach-E! They'll probably be surprised when Tesla is selling over 5,000,000 vehicles per year a few years from now too! :p
agreed and it's just a likely that Ford's remnants will be part of another Auto organization.

agreed and it's just a likely that Ford's remnants will be part of another Auto organization.
Agreed... any company who goes bankrupt, there is protection in the law for consumers for about 10 years if memory serves.

Here is a link explaining some of the potential outcomes

Edit: People were still able to get their Isuzu's serviced after they went the way of the dodo

What are your thoughts on the model 3 LR coming back after q1? They can't bring it back and price it for 50k because then after tax credit, it will be cheaper than the Sr+ when the sr+ tax credit goes away.

So what are some theories to skus and pricing? P3 going up in price? Sr+ going away? Lr no longer a sku?
Did not realize that Tesla stopped selling LR M3. Any reason why? I can see pausing shorter range models, but long range? Doesn’t make sense.

Did not realize that Tesla stopped selling LR M3. Any reason why? I can see pausing shorter range models, but long range? Doesn’t make sense.
simpler production if you limit a car to two trims. With long wait times they don't want to increase demand so they drop trims.

If at any point they are making more than they can sell they can add more trims to choose from to increase sales.

It's the same logic for the LR RWD Model 3 as it was for the SR-RWD Model Y. Those are trims they can bring back later.

Ramp of MYLR eating all available 2170 packs at the moment and/or switchover to the new more efficient manufacturing "Highlander" M3 assembly at the factories?

Ramp of MYLR eating all available 2170 packs at the moment and/or switchover to the new more efficient manufacturing "Highlander" M3 assembly at the factories?
Likely, I thoroughly believe based on enough anecdotal evidence that Tesla is going to drop an A bomb at Investors day. Most of our questions should be answered at that time and I don't think other manufacturers will like what they have to say..