Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For your Sunday morning viewing enjoyment, from the ongoing train wreck that is the Mach-E forum discussion of the Tesla price cuts...

Someone named Phil on the Mach-E forum has some good advice about Tesla's recent price adjustments and production schedule. Maybe he should throw his hat in the ring as a possible CEO candidate?

Extreme Size 2.jpg

He hasn't been following the master plan as closely as some of us have it appears:

Extreme Size.jpg

Maybe I don't understand the way charging billing works but, if the PHEV car is actually plugged in, why can't a per-minute "idle" fee be charged, just as it is if a charged car does not leave the station after charging?
Basically because the non-Tesla road-trip charging networks are mostly put together by those who have a vested interest in maintaining ICE sales. They want inconvenient and slow charging to slow BEV adoption (regardless of what their PR department says).

For your Sunday morning viewing enjoyment, from the ongoing train wreck that is the Mach-E forum discussion of the Tesla price cuts...

Someone named Phil on the Mach-E forum has some good advice about Tesla's recent price adjustments and production schedule. Maybe he should throw his hat in the ring as a possible CEO candidate?

View attachment 896021

Channelling my inner @Krugerrand...

I didn't enjoy that. I prefer not to waste brain space with the musings of irrelevant morons, but each to their own.

Chamath context sorely lacking.
I bet that is old, like back before he SOLD tsla
perhaps 2019.

poster and agree ers do not get it!

just doing my part separating the wheat from the chaff amongst tmc

@Fairchild @insaneoctane @wipster
If you actually watched the video, you'd know that he bought Tesla bonds instead of the stock, as a safer level of investment. Still invested in Tesla.

Reactions: Cosmacelf and GOVA
What are your thoughts on the model 3 LR coming back after q1? They can't bring it back and price it for 50k because then after tax credit, it will be cheaper than the Sr+ when the sr+ tax credit goes away.

So what are some theories to skus and pricing? P3 going up in price? Sr+ going away? Lr no longer a sku?
Some were suspecting the 3 LR orders were disabled in preparation for the IRA but now I wonder if it's moreso tied to Project Highland or whichever new product should be freshly marketed any day here according to the plan communicated to the FCC in the HD Radar stuff

3 LRs are still being produced domestically though, there are a few listings in inventory right now, they probably just don't want orders piling up if they're planning a new variant or something along those lines

View attachment 896021

I don't think that person understands Tesla's mission very well....but I'm sure they are enjoying their Mach-E! They'll probably be surprised when Tesla is selling over 5,000,000 vehicles per year a few years from now too! :p

So suddenly, my big question this morning is do I order a Model Y today? If the answer is yes, I have to decide which of these (under $55K) options:

1. Blue on white interior
2. Red on black interior

I will abide by the results of this poll (kidding, I don't care what you guys think...unless one of you happens to be my wife reading this).
FYI...red on black won (what can I say, I am a "bright colors" guy). Just doing my part for the stock. :)

Weird, Wyoming is outlawing the sale of EVs at the same time the legacy OEMs will stop producing the ICE vehicles they hope to continue selling there.

So, I guess that they will also be purchasing these OEMs as they fail and will move their union workforce to the new ICE factories being built in Wyoming that will be needed to support this ridiculous legislation.

I'm just glad that @thesmokingman managed to post a photo of the congress-critters who wrote this legislation. 😏
Lol, and Wyoming ranks DEAD LAST in terms of US population at 0.17%... So the U.S. total addressable market for gas cars will have dropped more than 500X when the phase outs hit... with WY being the sole holdout state.

Good luck getting GM to build an Escalade Wyoming Edition...

On Edit: Meant to use population rather than #of states for my math... TAM is worse by over a factor of 10...

Last edited:

View attachment 896021

He hasn't been following the master plan as closely as some of us have it appears:

View attachment 896022

Curious so I checked out that thread on the Mach-E forum.

Read about seven pages but lots of people there are ordering Tesla’s.

Quite bizarre atmosphere 😅

That Chamath interview is from 2019, but if you didn't know you wouldn't know, because it's just as relevant and accurate today...

Almost totally true, all except the part about the preferred payback on buying Tesla bonds. Only option now days is to buy the stock.

Since TSLA has almost 0 debt I'm assuming the stuff Chamath bought back in the day has been paid off and he isn't holding any Tesla bonds now.

Almost totally true, all except the part about the preferred payback on buying Tesla bonds. Only option now days is to buy the stock.

Since TSLA has almost 0 debt I'm assuming the stuff Chamath bought back in the day has been paid off and he isn't holding any Tesla bonds now.
He had bought convertible bonds back in the day.

Well-spoken and smart, but doesn’t make him any less sleazy since he ran his pump-and-dump SPAC scheme over the past few years. Surprised he hasn’t been flogged more for this.

Lol, and Wyoming ranks DEAD LAST in terms of US population at 0.17%... So the U.S. total addressable market for gas cars will have dropped more than 50X when the phase outs hit... with WY being the sole holdout state.

Good luck getting GM to build an Escalade Wyoming Edition...

Yes, until the next politician in another state decides that this is a good idea