Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MartinAustin uses Lamborghini as an example above, I’d recommend finding and listening to what Munro & Associates say about the quality of materials and methods observed when tearing down a Lamborghini.
I agree, but there is no reason (I can think of) why Tesla could not slowly move Model S/X in that direction and close some of that gap.

Reactions: totoro722
Just posted this over in the Investor Day thread if anyone cares to answer there:
Have a post… somewhere talking about that a bit.

In order to hit their 50% growth goal, they need to be cutting ground on at least 2 factories this year and ideally 3. If they just add 1 new factory in 2023-2024, they will have a hell of a time getting where they need to be in 2027. They need to produce over 9m vehicles a year by then.

Have a post… somewhere talking about that a bit.

In order to hit their 50% growth goal, they need to be cutting ground on at least 2 factories this year and ideally 3. If they just add 1 new factory in 2023-2024, they will have a hell of a time getting where they need to be in 2027. They need to produce over 9m vehicles a year by then.

Haven't you been following the pattern?

1 Giga - China, then

2 Gigas - Texas, Germany

Now it is time for 4 Gigas to be built, right?

Right?

Sorry I think there was a misunderstanding in my post.

I didn't mean we needed someone to buy all of Elon's shares. I meant a $4 billion share dump is hard to recover from because there aren't enough hedge funds, pension funds, sovereign funds and retail investors out there to buy the shares (not enough liquid cash).

To get to $2000 a share the company will be worth $6 trillion. To be worth that much money you need people to actually put in that much money. Where exactly does this 6 trillion come from if we can't even find enough people with 4 billion right now?

And no we haven't actually recovered from Elons selling under $200 yet. The Nasdaq is 5% Higher than December 1 and TSLA is 3% higher than December 1. I'm just saying be realistic, TSLA will not be worth 6 trillion in 2-3 years. That is a fairy tale.

4 trillion in 7 years while selling 20 mil cars + FSD. Maybe, if FSD is truly working then definetly. It's a hell of a lot more believable than 6 trillion in 2 while selling 2.6 million cars lol.
To set a price only a small percentage of shares have to trade.

The current price is simply how those trading recently valued the company.

Typically earnings times some multiple sets the price. To predict the price, just predict earnings and the multiple.

I would assume a 20X multiple, with earnings growing at a compound rate of 50%, no strong opinion on when earnings stop compounding at 50%.

Reactions: kbM3 and ShareLofty
Adam Jonas....always really good at stating the obvious.

"Says he doesn’t like $TSLA as much at $207 as he did at $105".
So he's saying he still 'likes' $TSLA but less now. He'll be saying the same, "He doesn't like $TSLA at $307 as he did at $207" in about..um....2 weeks maybe? 3 weeks definitely :)

Adam Jonas....always really good at stating the obvious.

"Says he doesn’t like $TSLA as much at $207 as he did at $105".

Lol, yeah, but what AJ won't write at 7:00 pm on a Thursday nite is that he has at work late because MorganStanley wrote a couple 10-thousand of those $200 Call contracts that mature tomorrow. :p

Serves 'em right.

Tesla has a position in "luxury cars" only because its vehicles are expensive. They've never been "luxury" in any other way. If Tesla can reduce their cost through improved manufacturing, then they will lower the price and with any luck be out of the "luxury" market entirely. That's how they abandon their position in the best possible way.
Well, I've seen a bunch of disagrees but no explanations. Every post with content that I've seen pretty much agrees with me, that Teslas are considered by some to be "luxury" due only to their price.

Would somebody who disagrees care to point out something about Tesla vehicles that is a "luxury" feature? This would be something essentially non-functional, but present to boost owner status and convey the impression that the car is really expensive. Personally, I've never seen such a feature on any Tesla I've owned. Certainly some of the software is gratuitous, but people find all sorts of different things entertaining.

Everything about Tesla, in my opinion, is spare, understated, and exceedingly functional. Pretty much the opposite of "luxury".