Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you just creating FUD, based upon Hollywood movies you've watched?

Besides, Elon probably has a bigger weapons and security staff budget than the cartels should that become an issue.
Cartels are in the drug business, which is very different to the car business.

With the amount of community and government backing Tesla would have, there is no reason why cartels would jeopardize their existing profitable business for a small time extortion play on Tesla.

Individual employees need to be aware of risks to their personal security, not that much different to many big cities. Hang with the wrong crowd, get mixed up in the drugs business, or even go to the wrong place at the wrong time, trouble will find you.

Here is a famous Australian example, I was living in the city at the time:- Milperra massacre - Wikipedia

Seven people were killed and twenty-eight injured and the event was a catalyst for significant changes to gun laws in New South Wales.

Cartels are in the drug business, which is very different to the car business.

With the amount of community and government backing Tesla would have, there is no reason why cartels would jeopardize their existing profitable business for a small time extortion play on Tesla.

Individual employees need to be aware of risks to their personal security, not that much different to many big cities. Hang with the wrong crowd, get mixed up in the drugs business, or even go to the wrong place at the wrong time, trouble will find you.

Here is a famous Australian example, I was living in the city at the time:- Milperra massacre - Wikipedia
The cartels have branched out into providing "protection" services outside of drugs, but I'm not concerned here. The Mexican military will have checkpoints etc. where needed, just like in tourist zones.

I don't think the cartels are stupid either. More foreign money means there is more for them to skim.

That may be changing. I see a bank of Rivian-only fast DC chargers has been installed in Blowing Rock, NC...
Rumor is that that will change soon, and that Rivian will open their network to all CCS vehicles. But they have to get the payment process worked out first. (They are currently free for Rivian owners.)

If anything, I would assume they will either drop site size to 4 stalls, or up the grid connection sizing, and try to get NEVI funds for future installs, which would require them to be open.

But I am surprised at how many Rivian Adventure Network chargers there are already. (They have 5 in Oregon already, out of ~20. I'm not sure why Oregon has gotten so much RAN love.)

Hey-yoooooo! Super Bowl is over and I'm back in action. Anyone got a way to get invites for tomorrow's event in Austin?

My roommate is in Austin with a friend and wants to go. I told him to just walk in, but thought I'd ask here anyway.

Hold!
Good to see you back.

I've had to make up for your absence by being twice as much of an a** mule

Hey-yoooooo! Super Bowl is over and I'm back in action. Anyone got a way to get invites for tomorrow's event in Austin?

My roommate is in Austin with a friend and wants to go. I told him to just walk in, but thought I'd ask here anyway.

Hold!
Dude. We were worried about you. Glad you're back!

Hold!
Super Bowl ended 16 days ago, that must have been some mean hangover!

Select Superchargers in the US are now open to other EVs as per Official Tesla Charging Twitter account.

It’s all coming together! Tomorrows going to be a good day :cool:

Looks like a few SuperChargers in New York and 1 in California also some wall chargers sprinkled around the US. Rates are about 10 cents higher per kWh without a membership.

Screenshot_20230228_184556_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20230228_184642_Tesla.jpg

Select Superchargers in the US are now open to other EVs as per Official Tesla Charging Twitter account.

It’s all coming together! Tomorrows going to be a good day :cool:

That’s kinda cool, especially if they open all of them. We have had our eye on a Rivian since we saw one in real life a few weeks back. I wouldn’t even consider it without access to superchargers. Hopefully Canada will see this as well.

That’s kinda cool, especially if they open all of them. We have had our eye on a Rivian since we saw one in real life a few weeks back. I wouldn’t even consider it without access to superchargers. Hopefully Canada will see this as well.
Interesting how you are worried about not able to charge but not worried about not able to get service if Rivian goes under. The company is burning near 6 billion a year and that's after some account shenanigans, they are losing over 7billion a year from operations. Their runway is less than 2 years.

Interesting how you are worried about not able to charge but not worried about not able to get service if Rivian goes under. The company is burning near 6 billion a year and that's after some account shenanigans, they are losing over 7billion a year from operations. Their runway is less than 2 years.
Double that of NKLA and LCID at least :)

Gorgeous bit of eye candy for Investor Day invitees…. Maybe I can sell my red and get a new red?

I think I’ll revisit this idea when SP hits $400.

New rule in Ogre household. New Tesla every $100 SP appreciation. Cybertruck is $300, hopefully we get there before hand…

Almost looks like they are goin to lift the car on something.
1677628760169.png

From Brad Sloan’s video.

Last edited: