Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bull (sugar) in me thinks they’ll reveal cybertruck pricing this week and we all climb aboard the rocketship. It smells like burnt hair but we all get stinkin rich.
Its actually more likely with every passing day. The assumption is a delivery event in September right? so that has to mean they lock down who the customers are for the first few deliveries, minimum 100, maybe 1,000... so they need to give time for people to get the finances in place, insurance sorted, etc. That must be at least 2 months, so the very latest should be sometime towards the end of July.

I think June/July is basically going to be flooded with Cybertruck sightings as they produce an increasing number and do extensive real world testing. Q2 results may be the final opportunity to load up on the stock before CT shipments take an effect. I'm very bullish about CT as:

1) It de-risks the stock, as production concerns for a new assembly system go away
2) Its the first new market segment for the company for a while, unless you count the trivial number of semis so far
3) it turns CT from a money pit to a revenue earner
4) its another nail in the coffin for Rivian, who are increasingly seen as a failure, rather than a competitor.

Still advising everyone who possibly can, to HOLD or accumulate until cybertrucks are in customer hands. Definitely don't sell below 200, or likely 250. I'm assuming 300 within 12 months.

Hey guys. My +1 has not received a QR code for the Shareholder meeting yet. Perhaps it's delayed, perhaps there's a problem. Has anyone else that's a +1 not gotten it yet? Anyone know who I can reach out to? This persons email is tied to verified shares through Tesla. Not sure what the issue is but I don't want this to fall through for them. Thank you!
If you’re not Joe Tegtmeyer. You may want to get a hold of him. He’s been trolling tesla IR (specifically Martin viecha) about this topic.

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and ggies07
When was the last time Options didn't control TSLA? 2021?
This is actually a topic that has tormented me a bit. I was following PapaFox Max Pain numbers throughout the Tesla bear market of ‘22 and it look like to me when Elon was selling large blocks, the options Sellers were getting wrecked.

Closing prices were way below max pain several times from what I recall. I am no options expert (far from it in fact) but I do sometimes fear that options writers are revenge trading Tesla to try and recoup some losses from 2022.

Hey guys. My +1 has not received a QR code for the Shareholder meeting yet. Perhaps it's delayed, perhaps there's a problem. Has anyone else that's a +1 not gotten it yet? Anyone know who I can reach out to? This persons email is tied to verified shares through Tesla. Not sure what the issue is but I don't want this to fall through for them. Thank you!
Others having similar issue with this.

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms
Its actually more likely with every passing day. The assumption is a delivery event in September right? so that has to mean they lock down who the customers are for the first few deliveries, minimum 100, maybe 1,000... so they need to give time for people to get the finances in place, insurance sorted, etc. That must be at least 2 months, so the very latest should be sometime towards the end of July.

I think June/July is basically going to be flooded with Cybertruck sightings as they produce an increasing number and do extensive real world testing. Q2 results may be the final opportunity to load up on the stock before CT shipments take an effect. I'm very bullish about CT as:

1) It de-risks the stock, as production concerns for a new assembly system go away
2) Its the first new market segment for the company for a while, unless you count the trivial number of semis so far
3) it turns CT from a money pit to a revenue earner
4) its another nail in the coffin for Rivian, who are increasingly seen as a failure, rather than a competitor.

Still advising everyone who possibly can, to HOLD or accumulate until cybertrucks are in customer hands. Definitely don't sell below 200, or likely 250. I'm assuming 300 within 12 months.
No.

Typically the Delivery event is insiders and employees. Then customer deliveries one month later.

I think most likely outcome is Tesla waits until that delivery event to announce pricing.

More demand problems. Only a 48% increase over their previous best month. Tesla needs more dancers at their events.

And margins are heading glacially to zero. In 2-300 years it could mean bankwuptcy. They'll have to close down 500 Gigafactories and layoff about 10% of the population of the world. This is serious stuff.

That last sentence may reflect ignorance about how these laws originally came into being.

Back 80-90 years ago manufacturers had all the power and dealers were treated as fairly as were the organized labor at the time. Nearly all those laws were an attempt to reduce manufacturer autocratic rule. They grew from similar populist sentiments that earlier had spawned the Federal Reserve System, and even earlier the Sherman AntiTrust law. The dealers were suffering as the Great Depression progressed, and that spawned these laws. Every one of those laws happened in response to deep recession.

It is exactly the threat that brings the laws. That is why some anti-EV laws are being enacted now, with road taxes one early sign.

early 20th century/late 19th history is highly relevant to the present day.
80-90 years ago, dealers were basically one car dealers, at that time they were reliant on the manufacturer and the manufacturer had a lot of power over the dealer. Today dealers have several brands of cars (sometimes under one roof, sometimes in separate dealerships with the same owner). Many dealers are multi-state. The loss of one car brand will not harm them all that much. The dealers now have more power than the manufacturer.

They said it as many times as they said others needed to build battery factories. I suspect the outcome to be the same for lithium refining - Tesla will get a 5+ year head start before anyone else’s committee finishes their initial review of the situation.

It’s like absolutely nobody else of consequence gets it. All they see is that they need to protect their current businesses rather than seeing the immense potential in pivoting their businesses. Epic dumbassery.
My thoughts exactly. Sometimes I think you are Steven Mark Ryan haha

No.

Typically the Delivery event is insiders and employees. Then customer deliveries one month later.

I think most likely outcome is Tesla waits until that delivery event to announce pricing.
Agreed on pricing...at the delivery event or after (like the MY AWD).

I really doubt we see actual customer deliveries this year much like with the Semi (but I'm hopeful)

✅

How To Vote Your TSLA Shares​

The voting process may vary depending on your broker. To learn how to cast your vote, please select your broker from the list below. If your broker is not listed, select 'All Other Brokers'.

Many brokers outside of the US don’t allow retail shareholders to vote. Check with your broker if proxy voting is allowed.

Apologies for the double reply.

Wanted to peel this out separate. While this is the impression among shareholders and maybe in the Tesla community, there are a lot of people who find the Rivian incredibly appealing.

Though... my personal feeling is Tesla is going to stick pretty close to launch pricing which will harpoon Rivian's ability to charge the huge premium they do. Without being able to sell trucks at $80k+, how does Rivian hit their goal of being break even in 18 months?

Agreed on pricing...at the delivery event or after (like the MY AWD).

I really doubt we see actual customer deliveries this year much like with the Semi (but I'm hopeful)
Musk and company seemed pretty confident about that "end of Q3" delivery event. That pins customer deliveries in November or even October. I couldn't see them doing a launch event and waiting 3+ months for customer deliveries.

Like they did with the Semi and MY AWD?

Elon has also stated that mass production starts in 2024.
Musk has also said mass production is when they hit ~5,000 units/ week or so. That's 9-12 months after production starts. Customer deliveries start well before then.

With the Semi, Tesla's delivery/ launch even turned over the keys to their first customer.