Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But that data is highly suspect. Most people aren't posting their order information on forums or submitting it to surveys...
It's pretty easy to track the reservation number point vs orders and make an educated guess.

Regardless, it sounds like it will only be Foundation for 2024.

And they were never making close to 100k, just sounds to be a lot less than many analyst guessed.

Well here we are
1706139409470.png

My biggest issue is that it looks like to me that Tesla didnt better prepare for 2024 in 2023. From losing IRA tax credits on the Model 3, to the delay in launching the Model 3 Highland in USA. To not shifting production around at facilities to better make use of them. Amazes me that Fremont is still so much ahead of Texas. Honestly I cant imagine that the Model NG shouldnt be 100% designed already. Why wasnt production facility in Texas being built already. Why is Semi still not really launched. Seems like someone was pre-occupied. Tesla should be absolutely killing the other manufacturers with the competitive advantage they have in the USA and I mean much more than they were a year ago.
He's waiting for his compensation package, duh. Do you expect the most brilliant man in the universe to work for free? A question for you smart people out there: is there any advantage for Tesla or Elon to keep the stock price low, before a compensation package is agreed upon?

To copy the next gen car...

They need to "make the machines, which make the machines which makes the machine" - hard to copy - bullish...

However, Investor Day told competitors too much.

I would rather have no Days in future, and tell the competition nothing, let them do teardowns if they want to copy.. Investors should not need convincing, and Wall St will never get it.

if a lot of the Gen3 manufacturing equipment is made by Tesla that is another reason why it will be lower capex and faster to install. Fewer long lead times on manufacturing equipment orders, less risk that equipment does not perform or integrate as expected. Ability to constantly improve manufacturing equipment.

The huge one off tax benefit going to really make the official PE ratio - which is based on GAAP EPS - look unexpectedly good.

No it has nothing to do with FSD deferred revenue. Tesla still have 3.2b dollars worth of deferred revenue as of today.
So definitely just a one off?

Current P/E ratio at SP of 207:
20700/107+73+78+53 = 66.5 as per google

In 2 weeks:
20700/73+78+53+227 = 48

28% compression