Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any insight why the shareholder meeting vote is only for the retroactive comp package and nothing for the next several years? Seems like an opportune time to take care of both.
Cart and horse/ dependencies. Tesla/ Elon need to see how the court thing concludes in order to know what the next package(s) need to be.

Now if only I could get it to stop the malicious compliance with the NHTSA stop ruling. It's annoying having to stop twice at intersections - once to be in obeyance with NHTSA and a second stop to actually see if it's safe to enter the intersection. I'm convinced that if I ever get into an accident with FSD enabled, it will be because someone rear-ends me not expecting me to stop twice. What a stupid ruling.

Since NHTSA isn't Canadian, could we have that "feature" turned off here please?

As already noted Canada also requires cars actually obey the law.

Stopping at the stop sign isn't the issue- it's the fact side visibility from the B-pillar is poor so it needs to creep up and stop to judge if it's safe to turn if there's any obscurations.

Humans, already sitting forward of B pillar, can also lean forward, so they don't have the same problem. Again the fix is a better more forward/places side camera, which Chuck Cook has done a couple of videos demonstrating already (including showing the visibility from the B-pillar spot and if you instead mounted one more forward-- turn signal lamp was a suggested place and it's far enough forward it'd entirely eliminate the need to creep)

Reactions: petit_bateau
Does each version lean as it goes? When I got the free trial, it took a curve on my street in a wonky way. I didn't disengage, but ever since, it has take that curve just fine. I also had to disengage because it was going to miss an off-ramp from the freeway, but since that one time, it's always taken the off-ramp with no issue.

No, the car never learns on-car (it'd be a nightmare of troubleshooting if it did). The NNs only change with full firmware updates.

But MAP data is updated all the time- including on a per-route basis each time you enter a destination.

Well that's good news. Cybertruck deliveries have started up again and Elon states no injuries OR accidents occurred due to the issue. They did it out of an abundance of caution.
SCs are telling people the delivery hold is still active until the 23rd, even with Trucks on site according to people on Reddit and CT forum.

Vins are going out, but no deliveries. One person had a date on the 20th, but was messaged that due to the hold, they can't accept until after the 22nd.

• Informative
Reactions: Blue horseshoe
SCs are telling people the delivery hold is still active until the 23rd, even with Trucks on site according to people on Reddit and CT forum.

Vins are going out, but no deliveries. One person had a date on the 20th, but was messaged that due to the hold, they can't accept until after the 22nd.
Early in Q, no issue if problem is resolved and we are off by just a few days.
if this pedal thing is the only issue seen so far, it is kinda good going forward.

Reactions: JusRelax and Usain
Early in Q, no issue if problem is resolved and we are off by just a few days.
if this pedal thing is the only issue seen so far, it is kinda good going forward.
That's the only mass issue. There have been 15-20 SBW failures and some HV battery failures as well, but small in number compared to what has been delivered.

I don't think the board would put this up for a vote if they didn't already know they have the votes to pass it.
I hope you're right. I definitely agree that the board expects the vote to go their way. Otherwise, putting this proposal up for vote would be complete fiduciary malfeasance. I just don't know how tight the vote is going to be. They mentioned 4 out of top 10 institutional investors have indicated they are a yes. Hope I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound like a slam dunk. I understand this doesn't mean the other 6 are a no. And what about the likes of Koguan Leo, who now owns 27,600,000 shares and appears to be a no vote? Per his X post, this is more shares than Cathie Wood and Ron Baron combined???

I agree with those that think this is the most urgent issue we have to overcome. Q1 earnings? Meh. Earnings call commentary? Slightly less meh. Shareholder vote in June? Critical. If this proposal isn't passed, I see only bad things in the near-to-mid future. And maybe even long term, as some are suggesting.

This is an investment forum. Everyone here wants to make money through TSLA.
Did anyone escape this week's fall? Like, you sold most of your shares at $163 or so? $155 is good too. Anyone?
if you are long term investor ....you don't sell when shares that on sale/discount ... you buy shares
you sell if you think the company has no prospects in the future and after doing the required research ... you have determined there is a better long term opportunity vs the stock you are selling ... i for one bought this week and will continue doing so as i don't see any other company with the long term prospects that i still see with Tesla ....

this is clearly a bad storm for the stock right now ... but the storm will clear and the ramp towards $500 /share will continue

What do you think Uncle Leo wants? If this is voted down, Elon is probably gone. The stock tanks even more.
This is what he said today:

If Elon just spends 50% of his working hours at Tesla, none can beat Elon and Tesla. I just want him to spend 50% of his waking hours on Tesla bc he is Tesla tyrant CEO. If he doesn’t want to or has no time for Tesla, he should graciously fade away and appoint his replacement.

Max Q.
Release the lions!

1713464306072.png

This is what he said today:

If Elon just spends 50% of his working hours at Tesla, none can beat Elon and Tesla. I just want him to spend 50% of his waking hours on Tesla bc he is Tesla tyrant CEO. If he doesn’t want to or has no time for Tesla, he should graciously fade away and appoint his replacement.
Wow, there's a lot more.

\

He reposted this:

@elonmusk
is literally blackmailing his hand picked board to award him 56 Billion for a great "feat" of causing 500 billion loss to shareholders. He is directly responsible for the pathetic plight of Tesla and needs to be fired immediately.

I hope you're right. I definitely agree that the board expects the vote to go their way. Otherwise, putting this proposal up for vote would be complete fiduciary malfeasance. I just don't know how tight the vote is going to be. They mentioned 4 out of top 10 institutional investors have indicated they are a yes. Hope I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound like a slam dunk. I understand this doesn't mean the other 6 are a no. And what about the likes of Koguan Leo, who now owns 27,600,000 shares and appears to be a no vote? Per his X post, this is more shares than Cathie Wood and Ron Baron combined???

I agree with those that think this is the most urgent issue we have to overcome. Q1 earnings? Meh. Earnings call commentary? Slightly less meh. Shareholder vote in June? Critical. If this proposal isn't passed, I see only bad things in the near-to-mid future. And maybe even long term, as some are suggesting.
Upon further reflection I think it can't help but pass. If it didn't, Elon may step aside and no matter what you think of him, the stock will tank. If you are a large shareholder you are commiting suicide of your TSLA position with a 'no' vote.

Upon further reflection I think it can't help but pass. If it didn't, Elon may step aside and no matter what you think of him, the stock will tank. If you are a large shareholder you are commiting suicide of your TSLA position with a 'no' vote.
Ya if you think you have a gun on Elon's head, look around, he has a gun in your head ;)

(And he has SpaceX, Neuralink, Boring, Twitter, xAi )